I have yet to find a housewife, mother, professional woman; any female that did not want their house smelling delightful.
This is why and how the MLM company called Scentsy has made such great strides to be a trusted and recognized brand in the world of network marketing.
Are you familiar with Scentsy? Have you used any of their products?
To help you know more about this company, I am doing a Scentsy review by giving you the top 15 cool facts.
If, after reading this review, you want to try Scentsy products or possibly start your own home based Scentsy business, the company website will be linked in the reference section.
Now, let’s learn more about Scentsy.
#1: What Is Scentsy?
In days past, candles were used both as light and to provide delicious fragrances in homes and offices. Using a new technique, that dangerous flame was discarded for a wickless candle that would give the home nice fragrance without the wick and flame.
Simply using a warmer, wax that is infused with your favorite odor is melted and the smell fills the area.
#2: How Scentsy Came To Be
In 2003,Colette Gunnell and Kara Egan who were sisters in law’s developed Scentsy in Salt Lake City, Utah. The women sold their wax burners at trade and home shows and did quite well.
In 2004, Orville Thompson was at a home show and when he learned of the product, he made an offer to purchase the business from the women which they accepted.
#3: Scentsy Headquarters
After Thompson purchased Scentsy, the headquarters were moved to Meridian, Idaho.
#4: Scentsy Products
Over the years, other products have been added to the Scentsy line. The product categories include:
- Scent products
- Warmers and accessories
- The Walt Disney Collection
- Laundry care
- Personal care
- Home cleaning
- Children’s products
#5: Primary Method Representatives Use To Sell
The main method used is called the Party Plan. A host or hostess has a Scentsy party where the representative displays products and catalogs and gives demonstrations as well as explaining how people can start their own Scentsy business (recruitment).
#6: Where Scentsy Operates
You can find Scentsy in many places around the world…
- The United States and all territories
- the United Kingdom
- New Zealand
and with sales-only operations in
- and Luxembourg
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Scentsy Product Review: Their Top 20 List
- Top 4 Ways to Make More Scentsy Sales
- Top 10 Scentsy Success Tips
- Top 10 MLM Companies In Puerto Rico
- The Top 10 MLM Companies In Mexico
#7: Price To Start A Scentsy Business
Starting a traditional business can cost a lot of money. To start a Scentsy business, you simply sign up and purchase a Starter Kit for $99 which has a lot of samples and business supplies.
To stay active in the business, you must enter 1 party every 3 months and have 200 PRV.
#8: Scentsy Leadership
The leadership of Scentsy consists of:
- CEO – Orville Thompson – Director and Co-owner
- President – Heidi Thompson – Director and Co-owner
- Director – Kara Egan – Co-founder
- Director – Colette Gunnell – Co-founder
Scentsy Unilevel Compensation Plan
Scentsy has a great compensation plan and somewhat easy to explain. When PRV is mentioned, that is Personal Retail Value and are points you earn on all personal product sales.
I will take you through the Scentsy ranks and explain
#9: Essential Consultant
At this level, you earn 20% on your PRV. You need to maintain a 200 PRV to stay active.
#10: Shooting Star Bonus
This is a bonus Scentsy gives if you can sell 500 PRV within your first 15 days, you will receive a Shooting Star Enhancement Kit. It enhances your starter kit.
#11: Certified Consultant
Once you hit 1,000 PRV, you will move up. You will then get 25% on your PRV.
#12: Lead Consultant
At this level, you can start earning some serious money. To qualify, you need to have 500 PRV in 1 month and have 1,000 GWV in a month. You also must have 1 personally referred consultant/director.
GWV is Group Wholesale Value which is sales to and from your downline.
You will earn:
- 25% commissions on PRV
- 2% bonus on Personal Wholesale Volume.
- And a 2% bonus on your Team Wholesale Volume (TWV)
#13: Star Consultant
2 get promoted to Star Consultant, you must have personally referred 2 active consultants. You must have at least 500 PRV, and you must have at least 2,500 in GWV.
Your earnings will be: 25% on your PRV.
- Earn 4% on your PWV.
- Earn 4% on your personally enrolled Essential or Certified Consultants TWV.
- And, you earn 2% on your personally enrolled Lead Consultants.
#14: Superstar Consultant
To qualify for this level, you need 3 personal referrals that are active, 500 PRV and 6,000 GWV.
And your rewards will be:
- Earn 25% on your PRV.
- Earn 7% on your PWV.
- Earn 7% on your personally enrolled Essential or Certified Consultants TWV.
- Earn 5% on your personally enrolled Lead Consultants.
- Earn 3% on your personally enrolled Star Consultants.
To get Director status, you need 3 active consultants who you personally referred, 500 PRV and 10,000 GWV as well as 2,000 TWV.
And you will earn big money…
- Earn 25% on your PRV.
- Earn 9% on your PWV.
- Earn 9% on your personally enrolled Essential or Certified Consultants TWV.
- Earn 7% on your personally enrolled Lead Consultants.
- Earn 5% on your personally enrolled Star Consultants.
- Earn 2% on your personally referred Superstar Consultants.
- Earn 3% on your first generation Directors TWV.
Overall, I believe Scentsy has a great company and a wonderful compensation plan. We use some Scentsy products and love them.
If you have a passion to help people keep a home that smells great, Scentsy may just be the business opportunity for you.
What are your thoughts? Do you have any questions? You can post all below.
Disclaimer: Neither Online MLM Community nor I are affiliated with Scentsy. This information is provided as a service for your education.
- Company Website
About The Author
Greg Boudonck is a full-time freelance writer and book author. You have probably read many of his articles either ghostwritten or in his name. You can find his books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble and more. Be sure and visit Greg’s website which is LancerLife.com.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.