Welcome to my blog. My name is Charles Holmes. My friends call me Chuck. I hope you will do the same thing.
I love our industry. Many people will not understand that, but I know a few of you will.
What I love most about this industry is helping others, the personal development, the ability to be your own boss and call your own shots, working from a laptop anywhere in the world, and the residual income.
**** The picture to the left was one of my last days in the Army in 2010. I resigned as a Major.
My first network marketing company was Amway (known as Quixtar at the time). When I first saw the circles drawn on the dry erase board I was hooked. I didn’t sleep well for several days. I was so excited about what this industry offers ordinary people.
If anything, I was angry that no one had ever taught me about residual income, time freedom, leverage or network marketing before that. Now, almost 16-years later I still feel the same way about our industry.
My experience in this industry is similar to most people. It has not been easy for me. It has been a constant challenge. I mentally quit thousands of times. I even physically quit a few times.
Despite the difficulty I had for many years, the industry has always been appealing to me. It’s always drawn me back in. It’s like a disease I couldn’t get rid of. I truly believe that once you learn about, and understand residual income, it never leaves your blood. You will spend the rest of your life trying to create it, and rightfully so.
I knew that if I stuck with it, I would eventually figure out how succeed in network marketing. My journey to success took longer than most, but I am so glad I stuck it out.
When you really stop and think about it, how many businesses offer you the following things:
- Residual income (this one thing alone makes it worth it, everyone needs residual income)
- Leverage without employees or money
- A three to five-year plan to complete financial freedom
- Low start up costs, less than a few hundred bucks
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Free mentor
- Personal development plan
- No need to source or inventory products
- No accounts receivable
- No paperwork
- No need to collect payment or deliver products
- No territories
- Recognition and Praise
- No need to research and develop products
- The company does the customer service, deliveries, refunds, product development and sends you a check each month
Seriously… stop and think about this for a minute! Try to name even one other business model that offers all of these things.
At the time of updating this page (JAN 2018), I have been in the industry almost 16 YEARS.
Let me start by telling you that I am NOT rich. I don’t have 840,000 people on my team (but, I’m working on that). I’m not a guru, although I am quite knowledgeable about the industry. I am simply an average, hard working, determined, committed person who made the decision to get started and make this my profession.
When I first joined the industry, I had a lot of baggage to overcome (more than most). I had a horrible self-image, bad attitude and I was a jerk. Thank goodness for the personal development! I am now a totally new person.
After committing about two and a half years to my first company (Amway) I decided to take a short break from the industry. I had a nice team going and was making some money, but I was burnt out and going through a painful divorce. I left the business for personal reasons.
During the next TEN YEARS, I bounced around to many different network marketing companies. I wasn’t really committed to ANY of those companies. I was one foot in, but never all in. I’d dabble with each company for three to nine months and then be off to the next shiny object.
I never found a company I was REALLY passionate about, nor did I ever put in the work it takes to succeed (in a big way). My failure, or lack or results, was my own fault. In other words, I never even gave myself a fair chance to succeed. Can you relate? Once again, my problem was me. I simply did not have the skills, mindset or commitment it took to succeed.
I’ve made more mistakes than most people in this industry. I’m not proud of that, but I did learn from each mistake and became a better leader, network marketer and entrepreneur in the process. The biggest mistakes I’ve made in this industry in the past were:
- Not committing to one company for the long haul
- Picking the wrong company
- Only having one foot in, not being “all in”
- Not taking massive action consistently
- Trying to create multiple streams of income before I built one solid income stream
- Not using my own talents and abilities to build the business in a way that works for me
- Chasing money rather than finding a company with a product line I am passionate about
- Not having a clear daily mode of operation for my business
- Not being persistent and consistent with my business day in and day out
While it’s embarrassing to put these down on my website for everyone to read, my hope is that you can learn from what I did wrong so you don’t make the same mistakes that I did.
While I made a lot of mistakes during those early years, there is one thing I did right. I worked on my personal development. I took the time to develop the right skill-set and mind-set. I worked on my attitude, my leadership skills, my communication skills, my marketing skills, and my network marketing skills. Now, I am starting to enjoy the benefits of doing that.
It wasn’t until 2014 that I became a network marketing professional. Basically, I was an amateur for 12+ years. My advice to you is “don’t wait that long to become a network marketing professional.” Make a decision you will succeed, act as if you have a million dollars invested in your business, put in the work, and work on your personal development. Do those things and you WILL succeed!
Here are a few other things about me that you might find interesting.
- Both my wife and I work from home (in our pajamas) full-time with my business (I did not join the business to wear a suit and tie or go to meetings!)
- I am 40 years young (as of 2017)
- I grew up in small town Skowhegan, Maine and have loving parents
- I am a Red personality, with a touch of blue and green
- I am extremely competitive and focused
- I enjoy going to yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores with my wife
- I’m the author of approximately 20 books and numerous audio training programs
- I have a Master’s Degree in Management
- I am a Certified Small Business Coach
- I’ve been a selling on eBay for about 15 years
- I own two large websites that I update almost every day, this one and my military website
- I spent just over 15 years in the Army and Army National Guard; resigning as an Army Major
- Combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Kosovo, awarded the Bronze Star
- I enjoy reading, exercising, treasure hunting, writing and watching funny movies
- I live in Homosassa, FL with my wife Rachel
- I have a 15-year old son, Devant
- I am a NIGHT OWL, never call me before 10 a.m. in the morning (LOL)
WHAT I’M DOING NOW
I’m really focused on building a monster team in my primary company. That’s the only network marketing company I promote. I also promote an online marketing system I use to grow my network marketing business.
My Primary Opportunity
I’m proud to be partnered with a natural and organic product MLM Company that also has CBD Oil products. This company has been around for about 10 years now. It is free to join. They have their own postcard marketing system. You even get free capture pages and autoresponders. There are currently about 25 products to choose from. There is no yearly membership fee. There is no auto-ship requirement. Plus, the compensation plan is absolutely killer. Learn more about the company I work with right here.
My Online Marketing System
I am a VERY SATISFIED customer and affiliate with this service (since SEP 2017). I use their capture pages and autoresponders to promote all of my businesses online. This is easily my most valuable business tool (other than Aweber).
I use this system to promote different things online. It is also a very lucrative affiliate program. The bottom line is everyone trying to grow a business online needs capture pages and an autoresponder. This is your one-stop shop to get those two things, and even earn some extra money while you use their tools. They also have some amazing training in the back office, weekly training calls, and a very strong online Facebook community. Learn more here.
Why Do Business with Me?
I’m a nice, honest guy. I enjoy helping people reach their goals. I strive to be a servant leader and create win-win relationships with everyone I do business with. I also am very good at online marketing and can give you simple step by step instructions about what to do.
I hope you will bookmark this site, visit it often and share it with your friends and family. Thank you for visiting my website and thanks for taking the time to learn more about me. Feel free to leave a comment below to tell me a little bit about yourself.
If you have questions, send me an email to email@example.com or give me a call at (352) 503-4816 EST. Please do not call before 10 a.m. or later than 7 p.m. EST, Monday through Friday. I’m normally home. If I’m not, leave a message and I will get back with you promptly.