Why do people keep switching MLM Companies every few months? Why can’t people commit to one network marketing company for the long haul? These are great questions and my goal with the rest of this article is to share my own insights to give you a better explanation.
I should start out by telling you that MANY people in our industry switch companies every 60 to 90 days. In fact, I know some people who have been in our great industry for 20+ years, but they’ve worked 50 to 100 different programs during that time. Crazy, isn’t it? Think about what they could have accomplished if they simply would have picked one company and stuck with it!
Personally, I find that very sad, and amazing. Truthfully, how can you accomplish much if you won’t commit to it? How can you be successful in ANY type of business in 60 to 90 days?
I can speak from personal experience. UNFORTUNATELY. You see, I was a MLM Junkie for close to TEN YEARS. During that time, I joined 10-12 different companies. It seemed like the only people who made money during that time were my sponsor and the company!
Looking back, my problem had nothing to do with the industry, or my company. The problem was ME. I was my own worst enemy.
During the past 10 years, I’ve learned that there are many reasons that people jump from MLM Company to MLM Company every few months. Here are a few common reasons I can think of:
1. They aren’t making any money: Most network marketers don’t make any money. It’s also true that most network marketers don’t do anything to build their business consistently. Rather than complaining that you’re NOT making money, why not ask yourself WHY you’re not making money? Answer that question honestly and then go out and do something about it. Truth be told, if you can’t make money in your current company, your odds of making money in a different company are quite slim.
2. They think the grass is greener on the other side: Lots of people think the grass is greener on the other side. Not true. There is no perfect company, perfect product, perfect sponsor, or perfect compensation plan. Avoid the SHINY OBJECT SYNDROME and realize that the business opportunity you have your hands on is good enough. The grass is greener where you water it.
3. They think a “company” is the answer to their problems: No company is the answer to your problems. You are the answer to your problems. Fix yourself and everything else will fall in place. Joining a trending company or ground floor opportunity means nothing. There are people who succeed and people who fail in EVERY company.
4. They have poor mentorship: If you don’t have a mentor in your current company, find ONE. Keep looking upline until you find someone that is qualified to help you and wants to help you. Whatever you do, find a mentor. Even if you have to look outside your current company for mentorship, do it! Your success is ultimately up to you, but having a good mentor will make a big difference. Just keep in mind that it’s not your sponsor’s or upline’s job to build your business for you.
5. They’re frustrated: Most network marketers are tired, broke and frustrated. They’re frustrated because they’re not getting the results they want in their network marketing business. You’ll be frustrated in any company you participate in until you learn the right skill-set and develop the right mind-set. I’ve learned that if you let your emotions control your actions, you will fail. Successful distributors let their actions determine their emotions. They realize that action cures fear!
6. They’re bombarded with information: The internet provides information overload to most people. There are millions of websites, ads and videos pitching the next greatest online business opportunity. Most people get 10-50 emails per day about the next great thing. Most people have so many “great ideas” that they don’t know what to do or where to start.
7. Their upline jumps to another company and brings them with them: Many top earners get paid to switch companies and bring their team with them. Don’t follow your upline blindly. Remember your business is your business. Always keep your best interest in mind!
8. Unrealistic expectations – Many network marketers simply have unrealistic expectations about what it takes to become successful in this industry. They think of their business as the lottery or magic dust. They think that their business will be an IMMEDIATE solution to their money problems. They think the business will be easy. Truth be told, most businesses take several YEARS to get up and running, and producing a positive monthly cash flow. Your business is not designed to provide much immediate income (unless you are a retailing machine). It takes time to build a team and build up a nice residual income.
Now that we’ve covered some of the common reasons people switch from MLM Company to MLM Company every few months, I want to be blunt with you.
First of all, if your company sucks, leave it and find something better. Find a company that is ESTABLISHED (at least ten years old), has proven itself and has a product line that offers a real value to customers. It also helps if you can get passionate about the product line. Read my post on how to pick a MLM Company.
Once you find that new company, you need to draw a line in the sand and dig your heels in. Make a commitment to stay with your company for at least five to ten years. That’s what most of the top earners do. Rome wasn’t built in a day. It takes time to build a big network marketing business.
Next, take the time to develop your sales and marketing skills. Until you develop these skills, you will fail in any network marketing company you work with. Furthermore, don’t think the company itself is the answer to your solutions. Your company is nothing more than your vehicle. Ultimately, YOU are the critical factor, not the company. If you’re frustrated, or not getting the results you want you can do two things: quit the industry for good or take the time to develop the right skill-set and mind-set.
As far as information overload is concerned, tune it out. Turn off your computer and stay focused. Find one mentor and follow their lead. Do NOT look at another opportunity or business opportunity for at least five years. If your sponsor or upline jumps ship, wave goodbye and keep pressing forward.
If nothing else, I hope I can inspire you to pick one good company and stick with it for the long haul. That’s what the top earners do. For instance, I know many six figure earners in Amway, Herbalife and Nu Skin that have been with the SAME company for 20+ YEARS! Every time you switch companies you lose MOMENTUM and CREDIBILITY. Never forget that. Don’t be a MLM Junkie who jumps from one MLM Company to another MLM Company every few months! Instead, be a PROFESSIONAL NETWORKER and be committed!
What are your thoughts about people switching from MLM Company to MLM Company every few months? Leave a comment and let us know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.