Today, I want to share the top 50 Excuses you will hear from people who don’t join your MLM Business. This post is designed to be educational, but also a bit funny.
If you want to achieve big success in network marketing, you have to talk to a lot of people. You simply have to work the numbers. As you talk to people, you will hear just about every excuse you can imagine. Some excuses are legit, and others are just a way to nicely tell you NO. And once in a while you’ll hear an excuse that makes you laugh so hard that your stomach hurts.
Just remember, an excuse is an excuse. Your goal is to always be a professional with everyone you talk to, no matter what type of excuse they give you. And if they tell you NO today, make sure you keep their contact information in your rolodex so you can follow up with them in the future.
That being said, here are some of the most common excuses I’ve heard through the years.
- I don’t have the time
- My wife won’t let me
- My Uncle Ricky Bobby tried one of those things and lost his shirt
- I don’t think it’s fair to have to spend $100 to start a business
- I don’t like to sell
- What will my friends think?
- If you get rich with it, then I’ll join
- I already have a job, I don’t want more work
- I don’t want to have to do the paperwork
- The products are too expensive
- The company doesn’t pay infinite levels
- I don’t want to own a business
- I don’t think I could succeed with that
- You have the skills, but I could never do that
- I’ve already tried 10 other MLM Companies and never made a dime
- I don’t like the products
- I don’t want to do home parties
- I don’t want to talk to people
- I don’t want to bug friends and family
- I’m broke, but I’m happy
- There are some negative things about the company online
- None of my friends would want to do this
- People will judge me
- I’ll get laughed at
- I don’t have any free time to fit this in
- The market is saturated
- I wouldn’t use this type of product
- I don’t want to make any more money
- I don’t want tax benefits
- I don’t want to attend meetings
- I don’t want to learn new skills
- I’m happy with where I’m at in life
- I could never sponsor anyone
- Giving presentations is not for me
- I don’t want to drive around talking to people
- I don’t want to ruin my reputation
- I don’t want to build a residual income
- No one has ever taught me about this business model before
- If the products were so good, they wouldn’t need distributors
- These companies are all hocus pocus
- I could never work with you
- My dog doesn’t approve
- I have a bad self image and attitude and no one would ever want to work with me
- This would keep me from getting a free government handout
- I’d actually have to work for money, I’m not interested
- It sounds too good to be true
- Is this one of those pyramid things
- I’ll have to think about it
- I have bad breath so no one would listen to me
- You just want my money
There you have it folks. These are the top 50 excuses you will hear from people who tell you NO to joining your business opportunity. My best advice for you is to woman up and man up and not take the rejection personally. Just let it roll of your shoulders and keep moving forward.
What do you think? What is your favorite excuse on this list? What excuse do you hear the most? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.