In today’s post, I am going to provide you with the top 33 Arbonne facts. I am not affiliated with Arbonne in any way, nor is anyone I am closely related to except for occasionally using some of their products as a consumer, and not as a distributor.
Arbonne has become a recognized force in network marketing. With top ranked leadership, this company has faced some battles both in financial aspects, and with “MLM haters” head on.
Arbonne has shown their business methods and their products are safe and fair. While some may say that the Arbonne prices are high, I will rebut that with the fact that you do “get what you pay for.” If you purchase low-cost products, you normally get the quality that comes with low cost…terrible. A
Arbonne seems to make high quality products, and in doing so,production and ingredient costs are higher.
Top 33 Arbonne Facts
The founder of Arbonne was Petter Mørck of Switzerland. His idea was to develop the highest quality, and safest skin care and cosmetic line in the world. Petter passed away in 2008, but his son Stian is ManagingDirector of Arbonne International.
In 1975, Petter’s idea became reality. The Arbonne Institute of Research and Development was established. AIRD began producing formulas that would become the Arbonne products. Even today, AIRD is always testing and developing to provide new products.
In 1980, Arbonne was introduced to the United States. Independent Consultants could now demonstrate and sell the first Arbonne cosmetics and skin care products.
The 5th best selling product in the Arbonne line is the Arbonne Makeup Cosmetics Primer. This primer uses natural ingredients that include:
- grape seed extraction
- horsetail extraction
- green leaf tea
The 4th best selling product from Arbonne is the RE9 Advanced® Smoothing Facial Cleanser. This cleanser rids the face of oils and other materials to leave the face soft and smooth. It is recommended that a person should use the other RE9 Arbonne products for the full advantage.
The 3rd best selling product in the Arbonne line is the RE9 Advanced® Intensive Renewal Serum. This product renews and rejuvenates the skin using beech tree extract.
The 2nd best selling Arbonne product is the RE9 Advanced® Corrective Eye Crème. This makes eyes that feel old feel young again. It has alfalfa seed extract and hydrolized lupine protein as its primary ingredients.
The best-selling Arbonne item is the RE9 Advanced® Restorative Day Crème SPF 15.
This product is full of Vitamin C to help restore your skin. It also is a sunscreen at SPF 15 to help protect against Mother Nature.
Arbonne’s United States headquarters are located at 9400 Jeronimo Road, Irvine, California. They can be reached by dialing the toll-free number: 1-800-ARBONNE.
Arbonne is a member of the Direct Selling Association (DSA), and they are also accredited with the Better Business Bureau. When you visit the BBB website, you find that Arbonne has a great reputation.
Arbonne has some great leadership. These include:
- CEO Kay Napier
- CFO Gretchen Price
- CCO Michael D’Arminio
- CSO Heather Chastain
- CIO Guy Thier
- CLO Ashley Good
- Chief Scientific Officer Dr. Peter Matravers
- Senior VP International Joe Wojcik
- Senior VP Global Human Resources Karen Stout
- Senior VP Operations Glenn Klages
- VP Financial Planning Gregory Colbert
- VP Controller Geoffrey Pankau
- VP Research and Development Dr. Bob Bianchini
- Managing Director Stian Mørck
Arbonne is engulfed in helping to save the environment. They have a mission to use biodegradable products when possible. Paperwork is online instead of mailed. They use products that are recycled and renewable for shipping and packaging purposes. Arbonne is always looking for new and better ways to help save the Earth.
Arbonne has become recognized globally. While having their headquarters in California, Arbonne also has offices in:
- Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
- Northampton, England
- St. Marys, Australia
- and soon to open in Taiwan.
Arbonne also gives back. The Arbonne Foundation picks up on many causes and helps through a plethora of ways. The majority of causes involve children. When people purchase Arbonne products, some percentages go to helping in areas that greatly need that help.
Not all Arbonne products are for women. The product that won the magazine best product of 2014: Reader’s Choice Award was Arbonne RE9 Advanced for Men Post-Shave Balm. I haven’t tried it yet, but I believe I will.
Arbonne has a team of scientific advisers to guarantee the products are safe for the consumer and the environment. They include:
- M.D. & F.A.C.O.G. Laura Fortner
- M.D. Janellen Smith
- M.D. Howard Maibach
- Christopher Zachary
- M.S. & R.N. Carleeta Nelson
- M.D. & P.H.D. Nora Zorich who is the Scientific Advisory Board Chair
In 2000, Arbonne introduced their baby care line of products that made mothers worldwide quite happy.
In 2011, Arbonne stepped into a new playground. They added Arbonne Essentials which is a large line of nutritional products. They carry shakes, energy bars and much more. Arbonne Essentials have been a huge hit especially in weight loss.
Arbonne found Facebook as a friendly place. When I last checked, Arbonne had 225,330 likes on their Facebook page. It is a great place to follow and find out when new products are released or any other news. Just click the link to follow Arbonne on Facebook.
Arbonne International is also on You tube. They have a wide range of videos that explain the products and other bits of information you will find helpful. At this moment in time there are well over 14,000 people subscribing to Arbonne’s You tube channel. If you click the link, you can subscribe too.
Arbonne is all about caring for their consumers. This means that Arbonne’s personal care products do not contain:
- PABA, which stands for Aminobenzoic Acid
- Animal by-products or products
- Petroleum based products
- Formaldehyde based products
As in the cosmetics and personal care, Arbonne has the same stringent care on their line of nutritional products. Arbonne’s nutritional and weight loss products do not contain:
- Artificial colors
- Trans fats
- Artificial flavors
- Saturated fats
- Artificial sweeteners
- Animal by-products or products
The compensation averages are a huge question of many people who are considering a home-based business. I discovered these figures for Arbonne:
- Independent consultants: 63% of members are in this category. Average annual earnings are $561 with the top 50 average being $5,060, and the bottom 50 being $10.
- District managers: 27% of members are in this category. Average annual earnings are $3,390 with the top 50 average $19,315, and the bottom 50 being $100.
- Area managers: 7% of members are area managers. Average annual income is $17,595 with the top 50 average at $56,420, and the bottom 50 being $2,425.
- Regional vice presidents: 2% of Arbonne members are here. Average annual earnings are $64,610 with the top 50 average being $132,725 and the bottom 50 at $17,325.
- National vice presidents: 1% of members are National Vice Presidents. The average yearly earnings for them are $256,790 with the top 50 being $565,615, and the bottom 50 at $85,500.
The 2014 number of active Arbonne consultants averaged at 242,000 worldwide. Arbonne paid out over $219 million in commissions, bonuses and overrides in 2014.
At the end of 2014, preferred clients numbered 530,000. This shows that Arbonne products are highly favored.
There were rumors circulating that Arbonne may file bankruptcy. While they may have been in a financial bind for a short time, the leadership reduced overall debt by approximately 80%, and had annual revenues topping $350 million. As with any business, the right leadership can create diamonds from dust. This means that independent consultants could feel safe with their Arbonne home-based business.
As an independent consultant for Arbonne, a person can attract other consultants to join in their downline. That consultant will earn 4% of their total down line’s team sales. This can add up quickly when a consultant builds a large team.
Every month, independent consultants must have at least 150 Personal Retail Volume Units to be able to get paid on downline and other commission sales. This ensures that consultants are also using the products they are selling to others. 150 PRV units is actually a low figure and is easy to attain. This system seems to work better than some other MLM companies, in that consultants do not have to over invest just to get paid.
Arbonne provides an extensive training program that will help independent consultants gain success. It is called Arbonne University, and it is all provided online. Arbonne University focuses on 7 areas, and it also offers elective courses on public speaking, setting objectives and goals and other helpful subjects. The 7 focus areas are:
- Proper business conduct
- Attitude and motivation
- Product knowledge
- Boundary setting
- Basic consultant training for new recruits
- Personal development and growth. This delves into budgeting and time management
- Management and leadership training
There is always someone to answer any questions an independent consultant may have. Arbonne International understands that by helping their consultants gain success, they have more success themselves.
In January of 2015, Arbonne celebrated being in business for 35 years in the United States. To give that 35 years more meaning, Arbonne released 3 new products. They were:
- RE9 Advanced® Intense Hydration Overnight Mask. This can help your skin gain a smooth, hydrated feel so you awaken feeling refreshed.
- RE9 Advanced® Instant Wrinkle Filler. As we age, wrinkles seem to multiply. This helps erase those wrinkles.
- Arbonne Cosmetics For the Sun of It Illuminating Bronzer & Kabuki Brush Set. This bronzer and brush set would make a great gift for someone you love, or even for your own pleasure.
Arbonne is a privately owned multi level marketing business. Do not search for stock on the stock exchange, as there is none available since it is not a public company.
Arbonne has well over 200 products in their line. Whereas other companies offer fewer products for their consultants to sell, Arbonne provides a huge advantage to their consultants by offering a much more diverse line of products. The different categories of products in the Arbonne line are:
- And general merchandise that consists of tote bags, charitable foundation necklaces, gift wrap, and more.
There you have it folks. These are my top 33 Arbonne facts. I spent many hours investigating and studying Arbonne’s business structure. I must admit that overall, I give Arbonne a big thumbs up for the plan they offer independent consultants, and the way they treat, and take care of preferred customers.
I also highly commend Arbonne on their work with those who are less fortunate with the Arbonne Foundation. I also am impressed by their care for the environment and using recycled materials for packaging.
Yes, it seems to me that Arbonne would be a great opportunity for anyone seeking to start their own home based business.
At that, I would like to ask any of you who are currently Arbonne Independent Consultants to tell us more. How long have you been a consultant, and is it going the way you expected?
We are always open to comments and questions. Just post in the comment section below.
As I mentioned at the start of this article, I am in no way affiliated with Arbonne. I do not receive any compensation from anyone with Arbonne for this post. In the same way, I must also tell you that Online MLM Community is not affiliated with Arbonne either. This is an independent post.
If you want to know more about Arbonne, or become an independent consultant, you can visit their website at Arbonne.com.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.