Today, I want to talk about the top 20 MLM authors of all time.
As a full time writer, I am also an avid reader. The love of reading books led me into the dream of writing. And, I am living my dream!
While I have not yet wrote any books about MLM, my friend and the owner of this website has. The recent book Charles wrote may just drive him high on the list of top MLM authors of all time. Be sure and check out his newly published book – How To Find The Right Multilevel Marketing Company: Your Step-By-Step Success Guide.
What you will read below is my personal list of the best authors writing about network marketing, as I see it. This is completely opinion based. You may or may not agree with my findings, and that is okay. Feel free to leave your thoughts in the comment area at the end of this post.
Top 20 MLM Authors of All Time
So, starting with #20 and working up to #1, here are the top 20 MLM authors of all time.
#20: Jay Conrad Levinson
Jay authored the 1984 book Guerrilla Marketing which started a huge movement in marketing for small businesses. While Jay may not be considered just a MLM author, his book has helped many network marketers learn marketing strategies that allow them to keep pace with large corporate entities.
Sadly, Jay passed away in 2013. He was involved in developing major marketing campaigns that featured
- The Marlboro Man
- The Jolly Green Giant
- Allstate Good Hands
- and many more
#19: Brian Carruthers
Brian was working his tail off in real estate and then he discovered network marketing. He quickly grew his downline and within 3 years, Brian had made his first $1,000,000.
Brian has written 3 best-selling books and his blog is fabulous. Check it out at: https://www.briancarruthers.com/
The books are:
- Building an Empire: The Most Complete Blueprint to Building a Massive Network Marketing Business
- Making My First Ten Million
- Money Mindset: Wealth Building Roadmap for Network Marketers
#18: Dr. Joe Rubino
Dr. Joe has authored many books. Not all are about network marketing; some are just on self-esteem and psychology.
But Dr. Rubino has built his own successful MLM business and his books teach us how.
I suggest you check out his website: http://www.centerforpersonalreinvention.com
And his best MLM books are:
- Secrets Of Building A Million-Dollar Network-Marketing Organization From A Guy Who’s Been There Done That And Shows You How To Do It, Too
- The 7-Step System to Building a $1,000,000 Network Marketing Dynasty
- The Ultimate Guide to Network Marketing
- 15 Secrets Every Network Marketer Must Know
#17: Clay Stevens
Clay is an outstanding MLM coach and trainer. He lives and breathes duplication.
Clay Stevens has authored 3 best-selling books that I recommend you buy and devour:
#16: Wes Melcher
Wes has been involved with Vector Marketing helping that company enter the top 100 MLM companies. He has also been involved with other network marketing companies as well as other business ventures.
Wes’ expertise is in using the internet to build profitable businesses. The book he wrote was greatly accepted by many MLM companies.
Check out Wes’ website at http://www.wesmelcher.com/
#15: Art Williams
They call him coach! https://www.artwilliamsbest.com/
Art Williams is the founder of the insurance MLM called Primerica. And I recommend every MLM person should read all 5 of Art’s books.
- Coach, The A. L. Williams Story
- Common Sense: A Simple Plan for Financial Independence
- The A. L. Williams Way
- Pushing Up People
- All You Can Do Is All You Can Do, But All You Can Do Is Enough
#14: Sarah Robbins
Sarah is a rock star recruiting beauty with Rodan & Fields. http://sarahrobbins.com/
The book Sarah authored is rockin the whole network marketing world. You just MUST read this best-seller: Rock Your Network Marketing Business: How to Become a Network Marketing Rock Star.
#13: Jordan Adler
Much of my reasoning behind moving to Puerto Rico came from Jordan Adler’s top-selling book.
He has actually authored two great books, and Jordan trains and consults MLM business owners how to live the dream… https://www.jordanadler.com/
- MLM Heart Attack: Restart the Heart and Your Dreams
- Beach Money: Creating Your Dream Life Through Network Marketing
#12: Mike Dillard
It’s all about attraction and Mike Dillard knows attraction.
Mike has built several million dollar businesses and did so using the same techniques he teaches in his book. Check out Mike’s website: https://mikedillard.com/
#11: Don Failla
Don and his wife Nancy built a massive MLM downline and Don set out to teach others how to follow in the same path.
Check out Don’s website at: http://www.45second.com/
And read all of Don’s books:
- 10 Lessons on Napkins
- The 45 Second Presentation that Will Change Your Life
- The Basics How to Build a Large Successful Multi-Level Marketing Organization
- The System: The 3 Steps to Building a Large, Successful Network Marketing Organization
- The System: And Other Tools for Rapid Success in Network Marketing
#10: Dexter Yager
Dexter and his wife Birdie are still powerhouses with Amway. Dexter penned the line, Don’t let anyone steal your dream. Check out his great books:
- The Business Handbook (A Guide To Building Your Own Successful Amway Business)
- Don’t Let Anybody Steal Your Dream
- Dynamic People Skills
- The Pursuit:: Success is Hidden in the Journey
- Everything I Know At The Top I Learned At The Bottom
- Millionaire Mentality
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Brian Tracy: 15 Things I Learned from the Author, Speaker and Trainer
- Top 65 Best Personal Development Books Of All Time
- MLM eBooks PLR: Information About Private Label Rights eBooks
- Top 43 MLM and Network Marketing Books of All Time
#9: Richard Brooke
Richard Brooke has been involved in MLM for many years. He helped build Oxyfresh and has since started other companies. Richard and his wife Kimmy are now distributors with Young Living Essential Oils.
Richard has authored two books that have been top-sellers:
- The Four Year Career®; How to Make Your Dreams of Fun and Financial Freedom Come True Or Not…
- Mach 2 with Your Hair on Fire: The Art of Vision & Self Motivation
Just a heads up, I have spoke some with Richard and recently he has redone Mach 2 With Your Hair On Fire.
I highly suggest you visit his site here: https://shop.blissbusiness.com/.
You will want to get the book!
#8: Robert Kiyosaki
I believe someone will probably point out that Robert Kiyosaki is not a MLM author per say.
And they are probably somewhat correct. But I personally believe that this personal finance genius should have his books read by all MLM home business owners. http://www.richdad.com/
Robert has authored around 25 books. Here are a few you should read:
- Why the Rich Are Getting Richer
- Retire Young Retire Rich: How to Get Rich Quickly and Stay Rich Forever!
- More Important Than Money: an Entrepreneur’s Team
- Rich Dad Poor Dad: What The Rich Teach Their Kids About Money That the Poor and Middle Class Do Not!
Those are just a few. You should read all of Robert’s books.
#7: Bob Crisp
Bob is a great coach and mentor. He built a monstrous Amway downline he later sold for a hefty chunk of money.
Bob knows how to recruit and sponsor. His books give great insights.
- Raising a Giant: A Book About Becoming a Leader in Network Marketing
- Feeding a Giant: Advanced Network Marketing
#6: John Milton Fogg
John Milton Fogg has been a major force in changing the impression of network marketing to a viable business format.
He has been a part of the start of several network marketing magazines and has authored several books.
And the book John wrote that every MLM business owner should read is: The Greatest Networker in the World
#5: Randy Gage
Randy has helped many network marketers find their path to prosperity. At a young age, Randy built an Amway business and went on to help other people learn the secrets. He has written a plethora of books. You may want to visit Randy’s website at http://www.randygage.com/
These are 4 of Randy’s books I highly recommend:
- First Steps: Getting Started Fast in Network Marketing
- Accept Your Abundance! Why You Are Supposed to Be Wealthy
- Making the First Circle Work: The Foundation for Duplication in Network Marketing
- Why You’re Dumb, Sick and Broke…And How to Get Smart, Healthy and Rich!
#4: Eric Worre
He is considered a master coach and trainer. Eric Worre has taught many network marketers how to take their business to a whole new level by Going Pro… https://networkmarketingpro.com/
And I highly suggest you read Eric’s book, Go Pro: 7 Steps to Becoming a Network Marketing Professional
#3: Mary Kay Ash
Mary Kay Ash built one of the largest cosmetic MLM companies in history. Many Mary Kay consultants have discovered financial freedom as a result.
Mary Kay Ash passed away in 2001 but beforehand, she authored several books that have been top sellers.
- Mary Kay: You Can Have It All: Lifetime Wisdom from America’s Foremost Woman Entrepreneur
- The Mary Kay Way: Timeless Principles from America’s Greatest Woman Entrepreneur
- Mary Kay on People Management
- Miracles Happen
#2: Tom “Big Al” Schreiter
Big Al showed us how to build a downline quickly and powerfully. In the 1970’s, Tom built a team of over 100,000 people in less than two years. Now Tom shares his secrets in a wide variety of books.
He has many published. Some are:
- The One-Minute Presentation: Explain Your Network Marketing Business Like A Pro
- Ice Breakers! How To Get Any Prospect To Beg You For A Presentation
- How To Prospect, Sell and Build Your Network Marketing Business With Stories
#1: Mark Yarnell
If someone were to ask me what should be their first book to read about MLM, I would say anything written by Mark Yarnell.
Mark passed away in 2015, but he will be training people via his great books for years to come.
Here are two of Mark’s books you should read:
- Your First Year in Network Marketing: Overcome Your Fears, Experience Success, and Achieve Your Dreams!
- How to Become Filthy, Stinking Rich Through Network Marketing: Without Alienating Friends and Family
There you have my opinion of the top 20 MLM authors of all time. Let’s hear your thoughts. Who is your favorite? You can post all comments below. Thank you.
About The Author
Greg Boudonck is a freelance writer and the author of over 50 books. He writes on many different topics, but business subjects are one of his primary areas of writing expertise. See Greg’s biography here.