Top 10 Scentsy Success Tips

What is the key to Scentsy Success?

Why is it that some folks make a large income with Scentsy, but most don’t?

In this article, I want to share my top 10 Scentsy Success Tips.

These tips will help you learn what it takes to make money with Scentsy.

They are listed in no particular order.

Let’s get started.

1. Use the Products: If you decide to start your own Scentsy business, you have to be your own best customer.

This is non-negotiable.

If your company makes a product, you should buy it and use it.

This will help you build your belief in the products and company.

Remember, it’s hard to sell products that you don’t use or believe in yourself.

And why should people buy from you, if you don’t use your own products yourself?

It would be like owning a Chevy dealership and driving a Ford.

2. Be a Student of Your Business: Make the decision to be a student of your business.

That means you learn everything you can about the products, business, company, industry and entrepreneurship.

That means you have a mentor, you read daily, you enroll in automobile university, you subscribe to industry publications, and you set aside time every day to sharpen your skills.

You will be amazed at how much you can learn in a few short years, just by learning something new each day.

Scentsy Success Tips3. Decide to be a Professional: Make the decision to be a network marketing professional.

What does that mean?

It means you take pride in what you do, you are informed about your company, product line and the industry.

It means that you dress and act like a professional.

It means you have a business plan and business strategy.

It means that you treat everyone with respect, regardless of how they treat you.

It means you have a professional business card.

And most importantly, it means that you look at your Scentsy business as a career, not the lottery.

4. Create a Daily Routine: You need a daily routine if you want to succeed in your business.

You need a list of activities you will do daily, weekly and monthly to grow your Scentsy business.

This is a short list of three to five money producing activities you will focus on to move your business forward.

Creating a solid routine will help you form new habits, which is what you need to do if you want to succeed.

We are all creatures of habits.

Our habits will determine whether we are successful or not.

5. Learn How to Sell: When you own ANY kind of business you are in sales.

You need to learn how to sell if you want to make money.

Please keep in mind I am NOT talking about pressuring or convincing people to buy.

I’m not talking about using hype either.

Instead, I am talking about learning how to CLOSE people and collect a decision.

You can do the best presentations in the world, but most people will not make the decision to buy unless you ask them to.

We are all natural sales people.

Most will disagree, but if you have a job or a mate, you have done sales before!

We sell our ideas, beliefs and values to people on a daily basis, even though we might not think of it as sales.

1. How to Deal with Loneliness When Working from Home: 22 Tips for Success
  2. You Must Commit to Something to Be Successful in Life and Business
  3. Blogging Success Story: Realistic Traffic, Website Visitors, Growth and Time-frame for Success with a Blog
  4. The One Thing All Successful MLM Leaders Have in Common
  5. Four Words to Live by for MLM Success

6. Long-Term Thinking: Rome wasn’t built in a day.

You won’t achieve Scentsy Success overnight either.

No legitimate business is fast or easy money.

This is not the lottery.

All businesses require a few years of consistent work before you will see significant results.

This applies to your Scentsy business, or any other type of business you might start.

You must take action every day, but think long-term.

I tell everyone I sponsor to make a MINIMUM two year commitment to the business before they evaluate their initial decision and decide whether it is, or isn’t, for them.

You have to give yourself a “fair chance” to succeed.

7. Get Lots of Customers: If you want to make money fast with Scentsy, you should find lots of retail customers.

You can find customers via friends and family, or by hosting in-home parties.

Customer sales will put immediate profits in your pockets.

All businesses need customers.

I suggest you find at least 20 personal customers BEFORE you try to sponsor anyone into the business.

What would your team look like if everyone on your team had 20 loyal customers who ordered every month?

8. Find a Mentor:  The President, actors, politicians, famous athletes and most successful people have mentors and coaches.

This business is no different.

Ideally, you want to find someone in your up line who is successful and willing to help mentor you.

Let them take you under their wing and follow their lead.

Learn from their mistakes.

Humble yourself and be coachable.

This can shorten your learning curve.

I also suggest you have mentors outside of the business.

Find people who are good at sales, marketing, leadership, communication and other areas you want to improve, and see if they will mentor you.

Learn more about finding a mentor.

9. Attend All Events: Events are vital for your long-term success in the business.

Attend ALL local, regional and national events.

Get around the other movers and shakers in your company.

The events will help keep you and your team excited.

If you don’t have any local events to attend, create an event for your own team.

Do a monthly BBQ or potluck where everyone can get together to break bread, have fun, and learn.

Most people who succeed in the company will credit much of their success to events.

Events are where people make the decision to “build it big.”

10. Manage Your Time Wisely: This is the most important tip on this list.

Learn how to manage your time wisely.

Most people who join the business have a day job, a family and other commitments to take care of.

By the time you get home from work, have dinner with your family and put the kids to bed, the day is shot!

That’s why you need a time management plan.

I highly suggest you set business hours and plan out all of your work.

Schedule it in your day planner and make sure you spend 90% of your “business hours” on the money producing activities.

These are just a few of my favorite Scentsy Success tips.

Whether you want to earn $500 per month with Scentsy, or $10k per month, you can do it.

It all boils down to your ability to find customers, sponsor people, build a team, and create a winning team culture.

In order to do that, you should follow the advice listed in this article.

What are your thoughts?

Please leave a comment to this post to share your best Scentsy Success Tips.

Disclaimer: Scentsy is a registered trademark.  I am in no way affiliated with the company, nor have I been in the past.

39 thoughts on “Top 10 Scentsy Success Tips

1. Jasmin

I am an Independent Scentsy Consultant and I love it! These are great tips. I’m happy for anyone to get in touch with me if they have any questions.

I was going to sign up with them and sell their products but I heard some bad things about them just like Avaon. While I do love their products, I am not keen on people hounding me over working for them. Has this happened to anyone else? It is not a good way to gain people for your work force.

Sorry you had that experience. There’s no need to hound anyone. I think Scentsy is a great company, but you definitely want to team up with someone who is a professional and knows what they are doing.

There are 2 tips in your list Chuck that I feel are super important. The first is to have fun. If we make our business fun and enjoyable it isn’t work. Others can see the happiness and they want to have it too. Having fun is a must. The other is to use the products. When you use the products, you will have first hand knowledge how good they are. This will come to life when you tell others about the products. Great post Chuck; all network marketers could use this.

I believe that the best way to boost your sales with Scentsy, and with any other MLM where you sell consumable products, is to use those products. When friends and/or family come to visit, have these things burning. Someone is going to like something. When you get a compliment, it is so easy to just say “Oh, that’s my favorite scent! And I happen to sell it.”

Using your own MLM products also makes your more credible. After all, why you want your customers to buy something that you would not use yourself?

5. Angela Harrison

Agree with almost everything in this article. Only point I disagree with is to build a team 5-10 wide then concentrate on depth. The best tip I have seen on this topic is to recruit consistently (a very wide frontline is best) and train deep (4 levels deep to be precise). That advice is from some globally successful Scentsy SSDs in Canada.

That is not bad advice. And I don’t suggest someone STOP sponsoring after they have five to ten wide. Just help those folks become proficient and then go find some more.

As Chuck pointed out, sometimes we get so entrenched in building width that we neglect to help those we have sponsored. I believe that when you have 4 or 5, you need to work very hard with them so they can get their width built, which is building your depth. This is why so many quit is because sponsors neglect to take the time to help them build their width. After you have them going strong, you then get another 4 or 5 and repeat.

I agree that building depth is key, but the person you sponsor must be coachable and willing to let you help them. Typically, you have to sponsor 20 people to find 4 who will let you help them, and one of those 20 will be pretty good. It is a numbers game.

6. Margaret

If you want to be successful with Scentsy, you need a business plan. Take the time to write up a 1-2 page business and marketing plan. Set your goals, create an action plan, and then get to work!

7. Lucille

My best Scentsy success tip is to treat your business like a real business. Schedule time to work your business, draft up a business plan, and stay persistent for a couple years.

Lucille,

I would have to agree with you that treating your Scentsy business like a real business is very important. Whether you have the desire to go full time with Scentsy, or just have a nice part-time income you have to SCHEDULE some time to build your business every single week. You have to be disciplined enough to at least work 5-10 hours per week on money producing activities. Otherwise, your business won’t grow. Treat it like a hobby and you will get hobby income. Treat it like a business and it will pay you like one. Just my thoughts.

8. Monique

Be a product of the product. That is my best Scentsy success tip. Use the products so you know about what they can do and so you have a story. You need to have good product knowledge and be able to answer the questions your prospects ask you.

Great tip Monique. If you want to do well selling the Scentsy products, which I think are great, you have to be a product of the product. What does this mean? I think that you should be your own best customer. You should use all/most of the products so you have your own product story that you can share with others. You also want to know the features and benefits of each product so you can explain it your customers, prospects and team members. If you don’t use the products yourself, how can you expect anyone else to buy them from you? You have to believe in what you are selling if you want to be successful with Scentsy or anything else.

You are absolutely correct. If you have the scentsy candles burning and company comes, you have the perfect in to tell them about the opportunity. If you work a normal job that allows you to use products such as this at work, another perfect in. Everyone I know loves great smelling candles, so you have a enormous customer base everywhere. Now, I have myself considering joining Scentsy.

Yes, using the products at home and at work is a smart move. It builds your belief and product knowledge and also is a great way to make exposures with other people. Who doesn’t love a good candle?

9. Quinn

Scentsy is a great company. And they are one of the few direct sales company that really preaches the importance of getting customers. That’s what I like about them so much. While recruiting is important, it comes second to getting customers. My wife really loves Scentsy.

Hi Quinn,

Glad to hear your wife likes Scentsy. I agree with you that Scentsy is one of only a few MLM Companies that really stresses the importance of getting customers. That’s one of my best success tips. So many folks are just taught to recruit, recruit, recruit. The problem with recruiting is most people aren’t interested and most who do join will quit. With customers, you will have better retention and you can be profitable right from day one. That’s why getting lots of customers is so important. In many cases, your happy customers will turn into happy reps in the future, if you treat them well and stay in touch often.

Thanks for the comment.

10. Angelica

If you want to make more money in Scentsy, have more parties. Instead of doing one party a week, do three or four home parties a week. Do that and your sales and profits will really increase.

1. Abby

My best tip is to find someone in your upline who has already achieved the success you desire and then to get them to mentor you. This will save you time and money and help you build your business faster.

That’s a great success tip, Abby. To succeed in Scentsy or any other direct selling company, you definitely want to partner up with someone who has experience and knows what they are doing. Start with your sponsor and keep working your way upline until you find someone at the income level you desire, who is also willing to help you. Once you have a good mentor, eat some humble pie and follow their advice. That is one of the best things you can do to take your business to the next level.

2. Tonya

My best Scentsy success tip is to find a successful sponsor. Look for someone who has already achieved success and join their team. If you have already joined the company, go upline until you find someone who has achieved the success you desire and work with them.

I think the best way to sell more Scentsy is to tell people how you use the different scents, so they can get an idea about how they would use them. To most people who aren’t accustomed to buying scents, the initial process might be a bit overwhelming.

Faye

I think it is very important to have fun like the last tip suggested. If you are not enjoying what you do then chances are you are not giving it your all. And when you are not giving something your all you are really cheating yourself and the company. The more fun you have the more invested you will be and the less like a job it will feel. It will simply be something that you enjoy doing.

Since I’ve owned a business, I’ve never worked an hour in my life. Yes, I put in 12 hour days seven days a week, and sometimes more, but I love what I do. I really get to live my passion every day and work in my pajamas at home. I think “having fun” is important in Scentsy and anything else that you do. If you follow your passions, the money will follow. If you chase the money, and you aren’t passionate about what you are doing, there’s a high likelihood that you will quit.

That’s funny you mentioned working in your pajamas, Chuck, because that is exactly what the front page of my blog says about why I love writing. I do agree that you have to be passionate about your product or services to have a successful business. If you are not, everyone you come in contact with will know it, and it will hurt you. There is work to be done, sure, but have fun. I worked too many years in an office building someone else’s business to sacrifice any more of my time doing so, and that, along with the passion for what I do, provides tons of motivation to keep building my own business and to help others find success. Passion + dedication = success.

1. Johnny

These are really some great Scentsy success tips. At the end of the day you have to treat your business like a real business. You need a game plan, a marketing strategy, set business hours and the discipline and persistence to finish what you start.

2. Catherine

My best tip for Scentsy reps is to be disciplined. You have to schedule your time, create a plan, work your plan, and never quit. Success with Scentsy, or anything else in life, won’t come easy.

I too believe it is difficult or impossible to really sell a product unless you’ve tried it and believe in it. However, I don’t think you need to buy every product your company makes. If after a handful of samples you are convinced the stuff you’re selling really is superior to the alternatives on the market, hosting some event in your home and getting other people to buy the products is a much better idea.

That’s a great Scentsy Success Tip, James. I agree that you don’t need to try EVERY single product, but you should try a bunch, so you know your stuff and know what you are talking about. The idea of opening up your home and hosting a party is a great way to get started. That’s what a lot of successful Scentsy reps teach: home parties. This is a proven way of building a business and I can speak from personal experience and tell you that it works.

Thanks for the comment.

14. Martha

I joined Scentsy three months ago. I’ve already made over $3k profit with Scentsy so far. The products are priced right and are very easy to sell. I’ve been with other direct sales companies before, but this is the first time I’ve ever achieved any type of success.

Martha