Today, I want to share some tips about mass prospecting in your MLM Business. I should start out by telling you the difference between one-on-one prospecting and mass prospecting.
One-on-one prospecting is when you approach one person at a time. This is sometimes known as belly-to-belly prospecting. It’s how MLM has been built for decades. It works and is very effective. The only problem with this method is that you are limited to your own efforts and how many people you can talk to. And if you are introverted or shy, it can be really hard to succeed with one-on-one prospecting. Read my post with my top 20 prospecting tips.
On the other hand, mass prospecting is when you put your message in front of hundreds, thousands or even millions of people at one time. As I see it, mass prospecting really is the key to big success in the network marketing industry because you can work smart and leverage yourself.
Think of one-on-one prospecting as fishing with one fishing pole at a time and mass prospecting as fishing with a large drag net. Which method do you think will catch more fish?
What I want to do in the paragraphs below is share some tips on how to succeed with mass prospecting with your network marketing business. We should probably start out by sharing a few examples of mass prospecting.
# 1 Classified Ads – You place an ad in a targeted magazine to generate leads. You find a magazine with readers in your target market and you create a crafty ad to get their attention. Check out my classified ad tips.
# 2 YouTube Videos – You post a video on YouTube for the whole world to watch. The video is designed for a certain type of person (example coffee lovers) and you provide great content and information. Learn more about building your business on YouTube.
# 3 Blog – You create a blog with lots of great content for a specific niche and people from all over the world can visit your blog and read your message. Interested folks contact you to learn more.
# 4 Solo Ads – You find someone with a large, targeted email list. You buy advertising space and have the person send your email to their email list. Check out my favorite solo ads.
# 5 Postcard Marketing – You create a direct mail campaign and buy a targeted lead list to send your message to. Learn more about postcard marketing.
Once again, these are just a few examples of mass prospecting. It is my no means a comprehensive list. As you can see, there are some free and some paid strategies you can use to mass prospect.
When it comes to mass prospecting, you need a game plan. This is the game plan or strategy that I suggest you recommend.
1. Come up with a marketing plan – All successful businesses have a written marketing plan. Keep it to one or two pages long and make it simple. Identify your strategy, your unique selling proposition, your budget, your niche, your daily action plan, etc.
2. Pick a target niche – You don’t want to target anyone and everyone. What you want to do is target a lot of people in a clearly identified niche. That is what mass marketing is all about. I hope that makes sense. You might target stay at home moms, people who would be interested in your product line, retirees looking for a Plan B, other entrepreneurs, or any other relevant group you can think of.
3. Offer something for free – You definitely want to offer or advertise something for free; not your business opportunity or products Advertise a free report, free CD, free DVD or anything else with a high perceived value.
4. Build a list – Your objective is to build a list. This is a list of people who respond to your ad and want more information. Once people respond, you add them to your list and then you send them your free information. You include literature or information about your products or business opportunity along with the information they requested.
5. Follow up – The money is in the follow up. You need to follow up with each person who responds to your ad at least 10-20 times over the next year. Most people will need to see your message multiple times before they buy.
I should add in here that even if you use mass prospecting, you should still continue your one-on-one prospecting as well. By all means, talk to people when you are out and about living life and running errands. If you meet someone sharp, introduce them to your products or business.
At the end of the day, you will want to focus most of your time and effort on mass prospecting because it will free up your time and allow you to leverage yourself. Sure, it will cost some time and money, but it’s well worth it as I see it.
What are your thoughts about mass prospecting in your MLM Business? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.