The best dog in the world…
I remember like it was yesterday.
I was a teenager.
I was at home having dinner with my mom at the kitchen table when my dad opened the front door with a big smile on his face.
In his arms was this cute little puppy: a baby German Shepherd.
While my mom gave my dad “the look” I was a bundle of joy.
I just wanted to kiss and hold this little puppy.
We named him ROCKY.
ROCKY was my first real love.
He was the best dog ever.
We’d do everything together.
We played hide and seek.
He followed me around.
We liked the same television shows.
We even liked the same food.
Well, he liked my food!
I fed him extra treats when my mom and dad weren’t looking.
He even slept in my bed with me each night (even though he wasn’t allowed too).
When my parents would walk down the stairs at night to use the bathroom (their bedroom was upstairs), he would slither off my bed very quietly and lay on the floor until they went back upstairs.
Then he would get back in bed with me.
Smart dog, huh?
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Why Every Home Business Owner Should Have a Dog
- Learn More About Charles Holmes
- How to Have Fun in Your Business
- How to Deal with Loneliness When Working from Home
- Top Steve Jobs Quotes
When I got home from school each day, he was sitting there waiting for me.
I spent a few years with ROCKY before I graduated high school.
I have so many great memories with him.
After high school, I left for college and then the Army.
ROCKY stayed home with my parents during that time.
Whenever I came home he was so happy to see me.
I’d give him a hug and tell him how much I missed him.
Some of my best moments with ROCKY include:
- Him stealing my winter hat while we were playing in the snow
- Taking him for a ride in my car
- Walking through the fields and yard with him
- Playing fetch (he’d never bring the ball back, LOL)
He was such a wonderful dog.
He really was my best friend.
He never judged me.
He was always happy to see me.
He always loved me.
You know, every kid should have a dog.
After being gone from home for a few years, I received a call one day from my parents that they had to put ROCKY down.
He was really sick.
They kept him going as long as they could, but it was time.
That day crushed me.
Now, more than ten years later, I still think about ROCKY all the time.
I don’t have a dog of my own yet, but I’m sure that I will one day.
Dogs really are man’s best friend.
They don’t judge you.
They’re always happy to see you.
All they want to do is spend time with you.
And all they expect in return is to be fed and loved.
I love dogs.
They are a gift from heaven.
To all you dog lovers out there, I salute you.
To ROCKY, I love you and miss you buddy.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.