Do you ever feel like you are running around like a chicken with its head cut off?
Taking care of a home based business has so many duties and responsibilities, and managing all of them as a lone soldier is nearly impossible.
What really does not make sense is when a business owner is doing menial tasks that are not necessarily bringing revenues in. Yes, these tasks do need to get done, but should you be the person doing those tasks?
In my opinion, the answer is no.
The wise business owner considers outsourcing much of those tasks so he/she can focus on the revenue building tasks.
Here Are Some Reasons You Should Outsource To A Virtual Assistant
1 – To reduce your workload.
2 – Business growth is sure when you have help.
3 – They may have skills in areas you don’t.
4 – You do not have to pay employee benefits.
5 – The ability to add other business functions.
6 – You can show more presence online.
7 – You don’t have to have extra office space.
8 – More competent customer service.
9 – To provide you with more family and leisure time.
These 9 reasons alone are excellent reasons to contract a virtual assistant.
Tasks that a Virtual Assistant could do
I will be the first to admit that it can be difficult allowing someone else to do some of the things in your business. After all, you have built the business this far, but if you want to grow, you need to let go and allow another person to help.
Just a little tip here… You may have certain ways of doing things and you should tell your virtual assistant how you do it. But if he/she has another way, I suggest you give them the opportunity to use their way.
The key is getting results; even if it means “taking a different road to do so.”
Some of the jobs you may give a virtual assistant…
- Technical tasks you don’t know how to do and don’t have the time to learn.
- Time consuming tasks.
- Tasks you don’t enjoy or you really do not want to do.
- Any tasks that don’t actually make the cash register ring
- Any $7, 8, or 10 per hour tasks that a CEO should never be doing.
Let’s go further and dig into some of the tasks I, or people I know have passed on to a virtual assistant.
Website Creation and Web Administration
This may be an area that you would want to hire a freelance IT expert, but I know there are many virtual assistants that are quite capable of covering some, or all of these tasks.
- Updating your websites
- Landing Page set up and/or creation
- Create/edit content
- Create/post images
- Fixing or deleting broken links
Emailing newsletters and follow up messages are an important part of any business structure, but it is something you should have a virtual assistant doing.
- Writing emails
- Email formatting
- Scheduling emails
- Replying to emails
Many virtual assistants have marketing backgrounds. You should ask before contracting them. If they do, they can manage this task in a great way.
- Scheduling broadcast emails
- Auto-Responder setup
- Deleting unsubscribes and inactive email subscribers
Social Media Management
One thing I have discovered is consistency is best on social media. By having a virtual assistant helping you with various social media accounts, you can ensure consistency.
- Manage social media accounts
- Research & creation of social media posts
- Grow social media presence
- Reply to comments and questions
- Schedule social media posts
If trained properly, a virtual assistant can easily this task. Web promotion entails many aspects and you can have your virtual assistant handle things like:
- Solo Ad creation
- Post Ads to Classified sites
- Manage PPC campaigns
- Create A/B Testing campaigns
SEO is short for search engine optimization. There are many things you can do to optimize your website pages so they will be discovered in search engines easier. While most things are really quite simple, they can be time consuming. That is why using a virtual assistant is your best choice.
- SEO basics of writing SEO friendly descriptions, implanting a primary keyword or phrase along with secondary keywords, etc…
- Link building
- Keyword research
- Promote blog posts in social networks, forums and comments on other blogs.
- Installing alt tags in images
Other posts you may enjoy:
- Top 27 Reasons To Hire A Virtual Assistant
- How To Convert Your Leads – 10 Tips
- Top 10 Small Business Outsourcing Tips: How to Grow Your Business Faster
- Top 65 Best Personal Development Books Of All Time
- How to Deal with Criticism: Top 7 Tips for Network Marketers
Your blog can be a huge piece in your business. But as a business owner, taking time to manage your blog could harm other important aspects of your business. Contracting a freelance virtual assistant who has blog management experience is wise.
- Content / Blog post creation
- Managing Blog post publishing
- Manage/Moderate blog comments
- Editing and posting your content
- Fixing broken links
- Adding images and/or videos
A major part of any business is research. You may research information for content, research competitors or research target market data. Again, this can be quite time consuming and it is in your best interest to hire a virtual assistant to handle your web research.
- Market research and reporting
- Conduct surveys with your audience for ideas on future topics
- Page insight reports
- Article research
- Analyze the competition and similar industries
- Research ideas for new content
- Identify affiliate opportunities
- Research new software and other tools that could help you grow your business
Google Web Master and Analytics
Google provides tools to help measure website visitor demographics. Your virtual assistant could copy much of that data for your examination. Things like age, location, gender and days and times of visits can be used for future content development.
- Evaluating Google Analytics
- Disavowing bad links
- Creating data spreadsheets
From images to videos and even podcasts, a virtual assistant can be the perfect answer. While you may actually “shoot” a video or take a picture, there is more to it than just download or upload and go. Your virtual assistant can help with…
- Video and Audio transcriptions
- Audio/Video Editor
- Designing ebook-covers, graphics and banners and social media post images
- Photo creation and editing
- Webinar creation
- Podcast creation
Customer Service/ Support
One thing I have learned in the world of business is, treat someone well and they will tell 2, 3 or 4 friends, but if you treat someone badly or they are unhappy with their purchase, they will tell the whole world.
Customer service is one of the most important aspects of your business. If trained right, your virtual assistant can be your “near perfect” answer to your customer service area. He/she can:
- Make cold calls
- Handle customer service tasks
- Answer inbound calls
- Making outbound calls
- Managing live web chat
- Email / ticket handling
- Attending to existing customer’s inquiries and even complaints as a customer service representative.
And Other Tasks Your Virtual Assistant May Be able To Handle
There are also some other things your virtual assistant may be able to handle too…
- Booking appointments
- Sending invitations to meetings and events
- Hotel, flight and rental car booking
- Creating Powerpoint presentations
- File conversion and merging
- Comment on other blogs to create back-links
- and so much more
I do want to say that you may find that some virtual assistants are skillful in a few of these areas and not in others. What is great is, you are contracting them for what they do. You are not hiring them as a full time employee. So there is nothing wrong with having 1 virtual assistant covering some areas and another working where they are most skillful.
There are various sights where a person can contract and outsource to a virtual assistant. You may try:
Those are just a few places and I do suggest you interview and test out virtual assistants. There are many good ones but like anything, there are some bad ones too.
Have you considered starting a blog. You can make great money by affiliating with various businesses. I have discovered a great niche building system where you can make money even while you are sleeping. Check out this link to learn more.
If you have any questions, just ask below. Thank you for visiting.
Here is a video you may enjoy watching: