Holton Buggs taught me to remove the word average from my vocabulary. And I’m glad that he did!
By nature, I am a high achiever. I want to achieve big things in life and I am willing to do whatever it takes to get there (as long as it is ethical and legal).
I understand that not everyone is wired that way. And that’s fine. But why would you want to be average in life? Why wouldn’t you want to be successful, prosperous, healthy and happy?
Many folks want to know what the average distributor earns in this business. To answer that question, my answer is “not much.”
But, don’t let that scare you off.
The average person doesn’t earn much money in any profession. If you haven’t realized it yet, the world rewards people who are above average, or at a minimum, perform at an “above average” level. Doing the minimum in anything won’t get you very far in life.
Now, I’m not knocking someone who wants to be average. There’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s not for me. I’m sure it’s not for you either.
I can assume that you want to live in an above average home, have an above average income, have an above average marriage, and above average happiness and health. Is that correct to assume that?
I can also assume that you didn’t get involved in MLM to be average either! You joined because you want to change your life, fire your boss, and take control of your life.
If you do what the average distributor does (nothing) you will get what they get (nothing).
Here are some things you should know:
- The average person doesn’t do much in life at all.
- The average person struggles financially.
- The average person is one or two paychecks away from bankruptcy.
- The average person is unhappy in their job.
- The average person has a long commute and a boss they can’t stand.
- The average person doesn’t own their own life.
- The average person is unhappy.
- The average person has no time to do the things they want to do.
- The average person doesn’t get to vacation a few times a year.
- The average person spends more time planning their vacation than they do planning their own life.
- The average person winds up dead or broke by the time they are 65.
- The average person struggles day to day.
Are you starting to get the point?
The sooner you can remove the word average from your vocabulary and replace it with the word greatness, the better off you will be.
- Strive to be great in network marketing.
- Strive to be great in your day job.
- Strive to be great in your marriage.
- Strive to be a great parent.
- Strive to be an great in your relationships.
- Strive to be great in your financial planning.
- Strive to be great in everything you do.
Most people sell themselves short in life. They either have low expectations for themselves or they aren’t willing to do what it takes to be great.
Success in anything is never easy. You have to look at what the masses are doing and do the complete opposite.
- If you want a great career, look at what the masses are doing and do the opposite.
- If you want a great marriage look at what the masses are doing and to the opposite.
- If you want to be healthy and lose weight, look at what the masses are doing and do the opposite.
- If you want to get ahead financially, look at what the masses are doing and do the opposite.
- And if you want to succeed in network marketing, look at what the masses are doing and do the opposite.
Stop selling yourself short. Stop being average. Make a decision today to be great. Make a decision today to do what most people aren’t willing to do. Make the decision to become the winner you were born to be.
What are your thoughts about removing the word average from your vocabulary? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.
*** This is part of a mini-series. Read the original post.