Welcome to day 4 of my MLM Boot Camp. During the past few training sessions we’ve discussed the good, the bad, and the ugly of MLM, the common reasons people fail in network marketing, and secrets to success in this industry. We are now ready to move forward to the next lesson: creating a written game-plan for your business.
Whether you are new to this industry, or you are a seasoned veteran, you need a WRITTEN game-plan and strategy in order to achieve success. All businesses need a business plan and network marketing is no different. If there is one thing I learned during my time in the Army it’s that “failing to plan is planning to fail!”
What is a MLM business plan? MLM Business plans are a strategic plan outlining what you want to accomplish in your network marketing business and how you will do it. Simply put, it’s your strategy for building your network marketing business. It provides the big picture and details of what you need to do to be successful.
Creating your own business plan will help you “think through” the process of building a successful business. It allows you to look at your business from the outside in, to determine what you really want to achieve, and help you come up with a game-plan to get there.
Simply put, it helps you be strategic about your business. Whether you plan on making $500 per month or $50,000 per month in your business, you need a business plan! Your business plan will provide you a clear path to follow.
Your business plan doesn’t need to be complicated. It shouldn’t be complicated. It should fit on a one-page document, and at most two pages. It is a living, breathing document that you read once a day and update from time-to-time.
What I want to do in the rest of today’s training is share a sample business plan you can use as a template to create your own business plan for your network marketing business.
I suggest you go somewhere quiet for 1-2 hours and come up with your own game-plan. It doesn’t take very long to complete. Don’t worry about it being perfect, either. Come up with your first draft and share it with your mentor. You can always improve it as you develop new ideas and strategies.
Here is my ACTUAL business plan for my own MLM Business. I simply removed the name of my MLM company from it.
Disclaimer: I am a committed, experienced distributor with big goals. Your goals are your goals and my goals are my goals. Simply use this as a base document to create your own plan.
Chuck’s MLM Business Plan (for June 14, 2017 – May 31, 2018)
Unique Selling Proposition: I am a network marketing professional. I am a No B.S. type of guy. People want to work with me because I am a leader and doer. I am very skilled at online lead generation and recruiting.
Vision: My vision is to build an international team of 50,000 distributors and customers within the next 5 years (by May 31, 2022).
Mission Statement: To help people meet their personal health and business goals, whatever that might be.
Target Market: My target market for my business opportunity is other network marketers, small business owners and military personnel. I focus on these three groups of people because we all have something in common and I can relate to them. For my products, my target market is anyone who is looking to “go green” and use natural and organic products.
My Marketing Strategy: I build my business 100% online. I attract leads to my business from my blog, podcasts, videos, weekly newsletter, email marketing, and eBooks. I create minimum one new piece of content each day. My blog is my hub of operations.
Five Year Business Goals (by May 31, 2022):
- Personally sponsor 900 people (15 per month for five years)
- Have a team of 50,000 distributors and customers
- Have businesses in 20 different countries
- Be a Platinum in my company
- Have 100 Platinum reps in my team, of which 20 are personally sponsored
- Earn $100k per month
This Year’s Business Goals (June 14, 2017 to December 31, 2017):
- Personally sponsor 105 people (15 per month)
- Reach Platinum with the company
- Have a team of 1,000 people, with at least 500 people in each leg
- Earn $10k per month by December 2017
My Daily Mode of Operation
- I will work my business 2-3 hours each day (max)
- I will publish one podcast and one video per day
- I will publish a new blog post 2x per week
- Spend $15 per day in advertising to promote my business
- I will follow-up with all of my new leads each day
- I will call one team member each day to see how they are doing and offer my help
- I will write and mail out two handwritten notes per day (team members and prospects)
- I will do my team training call every Thursday night
- I will read for 30 minutes per day and watch one instructional video per day
- I will send a daily email to my mentor for accountability purposes
How I Will Generate Leads
- $15 per day Bing pay per click ads
- Publish blog post 2x week
- Publish 5 podcasts and five videos per week
- Mail out monthly generic MLM newsletter and mail out 200 post cards per month
- Post on Facebook 2x day
- Send out 100-300 drop cards per month
How I Will Retail Products
- I will offer products to people who tell me no to the business
- I will do a local even 3-4 times per year
- I will provide links to my products on both of my websites
How I Will Recruit New Distributors
- I answer the phone and respond to emails to people who reach out to me first (because of my marketing)
- I will attend 3-4 networking events per year to meet other people in the industry
How I Will Build My Team
- I will utilize a weekly contest to encourage competition in my team
- I will look for serious people in my team and offer them my help
- I will do three ways calls with people who want me to
- I will work with the willing
- I will build two power legs by recruiting a lot of people personally and giving my team something to lose
How I Will Stay Focused and Disciplined
- I will refuse to look at any other business opportunity for the next five years
- I will plan out my activities for every day
- I will review my goals and plan daily, and each month I will update my tracking sheets to review my progress
How I Will Teach My Team
- I will send out a training email to my team every Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- I will update the Facebook group once per day
- I will lead a weekly call every Thursday night
- I will share the team training manual with all new reps
The bottom line is that failing to plan is planning to fail. Just because your MLM Business did not cost you a lot of money to get started doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it seriously. Every network marketer would benefit from having their own written business plan. I hope you will follow the advice in this article and create one for yourself.Bottom of Form