The Plum Blossom is an Amway Training System or Amway Motivational Organization. In essence, it’s a line of sponsorship within Amway. The purpose of the organization is to train and motivate its Amway distributors. This organization standardizes training with all Amway distributors within its line of sponsorship.
Additionally, it provides books, tapes, seminars and business support materials to help its Amway distributors grow their business. Most of the successful Diamond level distributors earn a hefty income from the system, in addition to their Amway income.
The Plum Blossom is made up of a successful group of Amway distributors in China, Hong Kong, Canada, the United States, Philippines, Australia, and several other countries. The Plum Blossom organization was started by Double Crown Ambassadors Barry Chi and Holly Chen of Taiwan. They are one of the top five earners in all of Amway. The organization has 20+ Crown Ambassadors, 2,000 Diamond distributors and several hundred thousand total members.
About Barry Chi and Holly Chen
Here are a few quick facts about Barry Chi and Holly Chen, leaders of the Plum Blossom Amway Motivational Organization.
- They are FAA 70 Double Crown Ambassadors, making them one of the top 5 distributors in all of Amway
- Their organization has more than 20 Crown Ambassadors and 2000 Diamonds
- They joined Amway on November 1st, 1982
- They first went Diamond in 1996
- They are Platinums or higher in more than 10 different countries
- They have more than 300,000 people on their team
- They are just the second Double Crown Ambassadors in the world
- Their two sons are both Diamonds in the business
- They are tremendous leaders, motivators, recruiters and trainers
The major controversy with the Plum Blossom Amway Motivational Organization (from what I read online), just like any other Amway Motivational Organization is (1) the deceptive recruiting practices, (2) the tool money and (3) the brainwashing and cult-like behavior. Very few people have any type of beef with Amway itself, but there are many complaints against Plum Blossom (online and offline) for the following reasons:
1. Recruiting people into Amway to sell them the tools, not the Amway products
2. Making more money from the tools than from Amway itself
3. Brainwashing people about getting rich and avoiding people who don’t believe in the Amway dream
4. Cult like behavior
5. Teaching people to hate their job, their boss, and working for someone else
I think the Plum Blossom system does offer some real value. Most new Amway distributors have never owned a business before, nor do they have sales or marketing experience. The system can definitely help you learn those skills and become a better people person at the same time.
Whether you are participating in their system, or someone else’s system, you have to realize that your success is ultimately in your hands. You still have to put in the effort, do the work, and stay the course. If you can do that, you have a great chance of succeeding.
You can listen to tapes and go to functions until the cows come home, but if you aren’t willing to put in the work you are only fooling yourself.
In conclusion, the Plum Blossom AMO is one of the largest Amway Motivational Organizations in the world. Most of its team members are located in Taiwan and China. The system provides training, motivation, and business support materials to distributors in its line of sponsorship.
If you are a current or former Amway distributor who participated in the Plum Blossom line of sponsorship, I’d love to hear your personal story. Tell us when you were involved, what level of success you achieved, and what you liked or disliked about the system. Just leave a comment to this post to let me know what you think. Thanks.
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team