The purpose of this webpage is to provide an independent review of the Pampered Chef business. Please know that I am not affiliated with this company in any way, nor have I been in the past. All information is conducted from independent research. Additionally, the Pampered Chef is a registered trademark, owned by the company.
When I think of the party plan, the first company that comes to mind for me is the Pampered Chef. If you enjoy food, cookware, home parties, and sales this company might just be the perfect fit for you. Not only do they have a great reputation, but they also offer an amazing opportunity for anyone who is willing to work hard.
About the Company
Here are some neat facts about the Pampered Chef:
- The company started in 1980 by entrepreneur Doris Christopher
- They utilize the direct sales/network marketing business model
- They manufacture cookware and kitchenware items
- Their product line features cookware, stoneware, utensils, knives, cookbooks, bake-ware, and kitchenware items
- They offer nearly 500 different products
- The headquarters is located in Addison, Illinois
- It currently does business in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Germany and the United Kingdom
- The company currently has more than 60,000 independent distributors
- Consultants conduct more than one million home cooking shows per year
- The company employs approximately 700 people
- It is one of the fastest growing, privately-owned companies in America
- It is owned by Berkshire-Hathaway
Source: Company Website
Company’s Mission Statement
“We are committed to providing opportunities for individuals to develop their God-given talents and skills to their fullest potential for the benefit of themselves, their families, our customers and the company.
We are dedicated to enhancing the quality of family life by providing quality kitchen products supported by service and information for our Consultants and customers.” Source
Some of their product lines include:
- Dining and Entertaining
- Storage and Organization
Some of their most popular products include:
- Beer Bread Mix
- Buffalo Rub
- Double Strength Madagascar Vanilla Extract
- Italian Seasoning Mix
- Bamboo Knife Block Set
- The Pizza Essentials Bake Set
After looking at their prices on their website, I would compare their product prices to something you would find at an upscale grocery store, specialized grocery store or department store.
How to Join Pampered Chef
In order to join the company as a consultant, you must find a sponsor first. This is the person who introduces you to the company and trains you. From what I found online, you have two options when you sign up as a consultant. The first option is to purchase the New Consultant Kit for $159 and the second option is to purchase the Mini Consultant Kit for $99. Both of these options give you enough resources to do your own show. If you can’t find a local sponsor, you can visit the company’s website and they will find one for you.
Hosting a Party
You can visit the company’s website to host a party, even if you don’t have a local consultant to serve you. For hosting a show, you get some free products and some product discounts. All you have to do is pick a recipe, buy the ingredients, invite over some friends and have fun. It’s a great way to spend an evening eating some good food and socializing with friends.
How You Make Money with Pampered Chef
The primary way to make money with Pampered Chef is to retail products via the party plan. The wholesale-retail markup ranges from twenty to twenty-five percent based upon your monthly sales.
- $1 to $749 in sales per month allows you to earn 20%
- $750 to $1249 per month allows you to earn 22%
- $1250 to $2499 per month allows you to earn 23%
- $2500 to $3999 per month allows you to earn 24%
- $4000+ per month allows you to earn 25%
The next way to earn money with Pampered Chef is to build a team of consultants. This is when you recruit other consultants in the business and train them to be successful. As you grow your team, you earn monthly overrides and commissions from their efforts. The most successful consultants do a combination of retailing and recruiting.
The different achievement levels in the company include:
- Advanced Director
- Senior Director
- Executive Director
- Senior Executive Director
- National Executive Director
The company also offers cash prizes, trips, free jewelry and more to consultants who consistently produce good sales.
Tips for Success with Pampered Chef
If you plan on making it big with Pampered Chef, here are some of my best tips.
# 1 Find a Mentor – Ideally you want to find a sponsor who has experience, knows what they are doing and are willing to train you and help you so you can get started right.
# 2 Develop Your Product Knowledge – When it comes to selling, it helps to have strong product knowledge. You should be your own best customer and use your company’s products so you know their features and benefits.
# 3 Create a Daily Action Plan – We’re all busy. Successful people have a daily action plan or daily routine they can follow every day so they can focus on the money producing activities and make the cash register ring.
# 4 Build Up a Large Customer Base – Customers are the lifeblood of your business. Not only will they lead to more parties and more sales, but they are also a great source of referrals.
# 5 Build a Team of Consultants – If you want leverage, so you don’t have to just rely on yourself, it makes sense to build up a team of consultants, in addition to doing home parties and retailing.
# 6 Make a Minimum Two Year to Five Year Commitment – It takes time to build up a successful business. Rome wasn’t built in a day. To make it big, it’s going to take minimum three to five years and probably a bit longer.
99% of your success comes down to doing the work and sticking with it!
In conclusion, I believe that the Pampered Chef business is a viable business opportunity for someone who enjoys food, cooking, home parties and sales. The company has a great reputation, a great product line, great training and business support materials, and great distributor support.
Please know that the Pampered Chef business is not one of those “get rich quick” businesses. To achieve success, you have to work hard and work smart. You won’t get paid anything if you don’t sell anything. For someone who’s self-motivated and willing to work hard, the Pampered Chef business is a smart choice.
If you are a current or former Pampered Chef Distributor, I’d love to hear from you. Please tell us about your experience with the company. What type of results did you get? How long were you with the company? Just leave a comment below to share your thoughts.
Connect with Pampered Chef
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.