Today, we’re going to review the Nutrilite Double X vitamins.
If you’ve ever spent any time as an Amway distributor (or customer), you already know about these amazing supplements. The Double X multivitamins are one of Amway’s signature products. Millions of people have taken these vitamins at one point or another in time.
In the paragraphs below, I want to give you the details about the product, educate you about multi-vitamins and share some online reviews, so you can decide if they are a good fit for you. I hope you find the information helpful. Keep in mind I am in no way affiliated with Amway.
What is a Multivitamin?
According to Wikipedia;
A multivitamin is a preparation intended to serve as a dietary supplement with vitamins, dietary minerals, and other nutritional elements. Such preparations are available in the form of tablets, capsules, pastilles, powders, liquids, or injectable formulations.
Some of the major benefits of taking a multivitamin include:
Multivitamins are used to provide vitamins that are not taken in through the diet. Multivitamins are also used to treat vitamin deficiencies (lack of vitamins) caused by illness, pregnancy, poor nutrition, digestive disorders, and many other conditions. ~ EveryDayHealth.com
As we age, our nutritional needs increase. At the same time, it gets harder for the body to absorb nutrients. Medications can further deplete our body of nutrients. A multivitamin can offset these deficiencies. ~ GetTespo.com
Nutrilite traces its roots back to 1934. Founded by Carl Rehnborg, he learned about the importance of supplements while spending time in China. Upon his return to the United States, he created his own supplements and founded the California Vitamin Company, which later became Nutrilite (1939).
By the end of WW2, in 1945, he created the multi-level marketing model. In 1949, Rich Devos and Jay Van Andel (the founders of Amway) joined Nutrilite as independent distributors. After working with Nutrilite for 10-years, Jay and Rich formed Amway in 1959.
In 1972, Amway purchased a controlling interest in Nutrilite and in 1994 they took over complete ownership. Nutrilite products are distributed exclusively by Amway and its independent sales force.
Nutrilite Double X Overview
Here are a few basic things you should know about these vitamins.
- The Double X vitamins are designed around a simple nutritional principle: To provide an essential nutritional foundation for people who understand the many benefits provided by vitamins, minerals, and plant concentrates (phytonutrients)
- Double X is power-packed with vitamins, minerals, and plant concentrates, supporting your active and healthy lifestyle
- Double X has phytonutrients with antioxidant protection, targeting key groups of cell-damaging free radicals
- Ingredients include alfalfa, parsely and other plant materials
- Double X is the flagship product of Nutrilite
- Promotes heart, cardiovascular, healthy bones, teeth, eye and skin care health
- Come from certified organic farms
Here’s what I found on the official Amway website about these vitamins.
The multivitamin of the future is here today.
Whether your focus is sports nutrition, weight management or general nutritional health, Nutrilite™ Double X™ supplement is power-packed with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients to help support a healthy heart, brain, eyes, skin, bones and immune system.* Contains natural plant ingredients from every color on the phytonutrient spectrum:
- 12 essential vitamins
- 10 essential minerals
- 22 plant concentrates
Nutrilite™ Double X™ delivers:
- PHYTOCOLOR BALANCE with a new berry blend that helps fill the largest phytonutrient gap in the modern diet and is most commonly associated with brain health.**
- PHYTOPROTECT™ BLEND, a unique blend of Rosemary, Turmeric and Fava d’Anta extracts that helps your body defend against free radicals.*
- INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGY that allows for increased phytonutrient concentration and potency with a small tablet size that is gentler on the stomach.
Cost and Usage
One of the biggest complaints you will hear about the Nutrilite Double X vitamins is the cost. As of March 2020, a 31-day supply currently retails for $71, plus tax and shipping. That breaks down to about $2.30 per day (approximately). This is considerably more than vitamins you could buy on Amazon, Walmart or at GNC.
However, you get what you pay for. I would not let the price itself put you off. Do yourself a favor and compare the ingredients, manufacturing process, and benefits before you decide if they are or aren’t for you.
The suggested usage is 3 tablets, 2 times per day. That means you are taking six pills per day. That’s a lot of pills to swallow. However, if it makes you feel good, that’s not that big of a deal.
I can’t speak for you, but I have tried these in the past, many years ago, when I was an Amway distributor. I thought they were beneficial and made me feel great.
Nutrilite Double X Testimonials
Here’s what some of our website visitors had to say about the Double X.
I’ve used Double XX for 40 years and swear by them. Many folks who use them (full dose) for 3-6 months can feel the loss when they STOP. How did YOUR trial turn out?
As for quality, I trust the factual statements from the Amway website and materials. (Testimonials from enthusiastic distributors and not always so trustworthy!) Give the vitamin and mineral contents, the amount of organic material used, and the fairly unique presence of so many phytonutrients (i.e. tiny “food values” not found in synthetic vitamins), I think Double XX is a great value. If you want to save money, they product (in my opinion) is strong enough to be of great value if you take only one dose a day! Certainly better that just about any off-the-shelf vitamins. ~ Ed, website visitor
I will tell you that my doctors notice when I am not taking the Double X. I have tried other competitive and lower priced vitamins. I had an opportunity to visit the farm and had it not been for their pesticide free process, I could easily have switched to a cheaper brand. But given my distrust of the FDA and what they classify as organic, I will stick with the Nutrilite brand. As I walked around the farm, there were plants that you could eat fresh off the vine. That is how safe the product is. ~ JJVDel, website visitor
In conclusion, the Nutrilite Double X multivitamins are a high quality supplement, some of the best in the marketplace. While Amway has its share of critics, they do make some amazing products. I encourage you to educate yourself on the Nutrilite Double X multivitamin to see if it might be a good fit for you.
What are your thoughts? Have you tried this product before? If so, please leave a comment below to tell me what your experience was like. I look forward to hearing from you.
Network Marketing Professional (since 2002)
Author, Blogger, & Entrepreneur
- Level up your health today! Discover my favorite product line not available in stores. Learn more.
- The # 1 Home Business for 2024 & Beyond! Daily Pay. Take the free tour.
- Get Paid to Shop at Your Favorite Stores Online. 100% Free. Learn more.
- Request 200 Free MLM Leads & My Secret Scripts. Claim yours now.
- Earn up to $300 to open a new checking account. Learn more.
- Buy and sell advertising. Promote any business. Learn more.