Today, I want to talk about my system for building my MLM Business. This might be one of the most important posts on this blog, so please study it, bookmark this page, and share it with your team members.
Almost every day, I have people ask me what I use for a system to grow my network marketing business. I figured I would spend a few hours and write a blog post about it, so you have a better understanding of what I do.
Keep in mind this system is constantly refined, tweaked and improved. It’s NOT the same system I used when I first started my business. It has evolved through real-world experience and trial and error.
My system is VERY different from most network marketers. I am a student of Mark Yarnell (now deceased). The most important thing I learned from him was that every successful network marketer builds their business their own way.
They rarely follow the company’s system or do exactly what their upline does. Successful reps leverage their own natural talents and abilities.
That’s the mindset I have about building my own network marketing business: I build it in a way that works for me. My way might not work for you. That’s okay. Your job is to figure out what DOES work for you and then do that!
If nothing else, this post will give you some ideas you can refine and tweak to match your personality, skills and goals.
My Mindset About My Business
Before I go into the step-by-step details of what I do on a daily basis, I will give you a brief overview of how I THINK about my business.
Here are some things you should know upfront.
- I am an entrepreneur first, a marketer second and a network marketer third (please take note of that)
- My MLM Income is and always will be just ONE INCOME STREAM of many in my business
- I build my business 100% online
- I only talk to people who contact me first; I don’t call anyone; people call me
- I don’t chase people, bug people, pressure people, prospect people or cold call people
- I refuse to use hype or pressure or try to convince or hard-sell anyone
- I don’t do home parties, I don’t do meetings, and I don’t meet people face-to-face
- I have multiple streams of income (about 3-5 really good streams) and about 20 income streams total
- I make money whether people join my network marketing team or not because I promote a variety of affiliate products and services, in addition to my MLM Company
- My blog is my HUB of operations, my base camp
- I focus ALL of my time, money and energy on building my email list (my real asset)
- I only spend about four hours per day doing everything I need to do to grow my business
THE PURPOSE OF MY BLOG IS TO BUILD MY EMAIL LIST. MY EMAIL LIST IS MY REAL BUSINESS.
I put that in caps lock and bold to emphasize a point. Please read it again so it sinks in.
I build an email list. Then I focus on building a relationship with that list. And then I monetize my email list by offering different products or services they might be interested in. That is my business system in a nut-shell. I learned this concept from Mike Dillard. It’s known as a You, INC. business.
Once again, these are the key attributes of my business and system. What I want to do in the rest of the post is give you the details of how I do everything and how it all works. Let’s get started.
My System for Building My MLM Business
Everything starts with my blog. You could say that my blog is my BUSINESS LOCATION or HUB of Operations.
Initially, I started a MLM Website in October 2010 with Site Build It. I grew it into a 2,000-page website, but then had a change of heart and wanted to have a blog instead of a website.
I wanted a blog so I could have an interactive community of network marketers. I launched this blog in April 2013.
This blog you are looking at right now is my base-camp! It’s where people first meet me. It’s where I add people to my email list. It’s where I sell affiliate products and meet prospects for my MLM Company.
My Daily Routine
Everyone has a daily routine. Your daily routine will make you or break you in this business. When it comes to network marketing, you need the discipline to set a daily routine focused on income producing activities, and then you must take massive consistent action.
Here is what I do on a daily basis Monday thru Friday to grow my business
- Publish a new blog post (3 times per week)
- Revise or edit one old post per day
- Approve and reply to blog comments
- Fix broken links and update plugins
- Share 5-7 posts in my Facebook group
- Send 5 handwritten notes
- Talk with 3 team members
- Follow up with new prospects who call/emailed me
- Email my list every Tuesday and Friday
- Monitor my pay-per-click campaigns
- Leave 2-3 blog comments on other blogs
- Look for additional places and ways to advertise and generate leads
- Send out solo ad emails in safelists several times per week
- Weekly training webinar for my team
- Weekly opportunity call with team
This takes me about two to three hours per day to do, on average.
I have refined my daily routine many times throughout the past seven years as my business grew and evolved. I found some things worked very well for me and other things didn’t work very well. I am always tweaking and improving what I do.
Connecting with My Email List
In addition, I email my list every Tuesday and Friday. I sent out a training tip, instructional video, and helpful article in each email. All of my emails are designed to teach, provide value and help people.
Once again, the purpose of my blog is to build my email list. My goal with my blog is simply to add 50 to 100 new email subscribers to my list every single day. If I do that, everything else will fall in place.
My email list is my most valuable business asset. My goal in business is to cultivate a STRONG relationship with my email list so they know me, like me and trust me.
A small percentage of the people on my email list eventually partner up with me and join me in my MLM Team. But most do not. Either way, I make money, because a lot of people buy different affiliate products from me. Or, they hire me as a coach or purchase one of my services.
Talk about a win-win situation! I help people on my email list solve their problems, and I earn a commission for doing so.
My Income Streams
As I mentioned earlier, I have about 20+ total income streams with this blog, and three to five good income streams.
Here are some of my most popular, in demand income streams.
- My MLM Company
- My Online Lead System
- Domains & Hosting
- Amazon Affiliate
- Solo Ads & Safelists
There you have it. That is how I make money with my network marketing business. This is my entire business system in a nut-shell.
The Four-Step Process
If I had to break it down into simple steps it would be:
- Focus on building an email list
- Build a relationship with my list, by communicating several times per week and providing value
- Offer products and services that will benefit people on my email list, which provides me multiple streams of income
- Interact with people who reach out to me with questions, need help, or want to join my team
Putting It All In Perspective
Now, before I close this post out, I want to put things in perspective for a moment.
First and foremost, my success was not instantaneous. I worked full-time almost THREE YEARS before I started making ANY money. During those three years I worked 10-12 hours per day, seven days per week!
My goal is not to scare you off and tell you that you will have to work that hard to achieve what I have done; HOWEVER, I want you to know that BLOGGING, or building your MLM Business online, requires HARD WORK, PERSISTENCE and PATIENCE.
Rome was not built in one day. This is NOT the LOTTERY folks! Almost every business that I know of takes at least 1-2 years to get profitable. And many of these business owners have tens of thousands of dollars invested in their business.
You don’t sign up or get started and just start making cash. You have to take the time and money to develop your specialized knowledge! I had to go through a steep learning curve, but I’m glad that I did because now I have a very solid business and make money even while I sleep!
Furthermore, my way is not the only way, or even the best way, to build a successful network marketing business. My mentor had more than one million people join his team and he didn’t use the computer at all! Chew on that.
When it comes to a system, you need something that works for you and something you can use in your team. I have a different system for my team, but I encourage all of them to come up with their own system.
Furthermore, I realize there are MANY different ways to build a successful network marketing business. Interview 100 top earners and you will find 100 different systems or methods.
Forcing everyone on your team to use the same system is idiotic, as I see it. We are all wired differently and have different talents and abilities. A good sponsor will help you develop a game-plan that works for you, not force you to do what they do.
I chose the online approach, and the system I use, for a strategic reason. First of all, I love writing and blogging. Next, I want multiple streams of income. In addition, I want people contacting me and I want leverage.
I wanted a system that would work for me 24/7, even while I slept. I have no desire to sell people, chase people, bug my warm market, or prospect everyone I meet. I hate rejection, hype and pressure, so I built a system that eliminates that.
I also have no desire to go to meetings or meet with people face-to-face. I enjoy working in my pajamas from home and talking to people who contact me first. That is why I chose the system I have now. And it works like hotcakes, FOR ME!
Could it work for you? Maybe. I think you would be much better off to come up with something that leverages your own talents and abilities.
If you have any questions about my system, you can give me a call at (352) 503-4816 EST, or send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are your thoughts about my system for building my MLM business? What type of system do you use to grow your MLM Business? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day!
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.