Today, I want to talk about my system for building my MLM Business.
This might be one of the most important posts on this blog, so please study it and bookmark it.
Almost every day, I have people ask me what I use for a system to grow my network marketing business.
I figured I would spend a couple of hours and write a post about it, so you have a better understanding of what I do.
My system is VERY different than most network marketers.
I am a student of Mark Yarnell (now deceased). The most important thing I learned from him was that every successful distributor builds their business their own way. They rarely follow the company’s system or do what their upline does. Instead, they leverage their own natural talents and abilities.
That’s the mindset I have about building my own business: build it in a way that works for me.
Before I go into the step-by-step details of what I do on a daily basis, I will give you a brief overview of how I THINK about my business.
Here are some things you should know.
- I am an entrepreneur first, a blogger second and a network marketer third (please take note of that)
- My MLM Income is and always will be just ONE INCOME STREAM of many in my business
- I only talk to people who contact me first; I don’t call anyone; people call me
- I don’t chase people, bug people, pressure people, prospect people or cold call people
- I refuse to use hype or pressure or try to convince or sell anyone
- I don’t do home parties, I don’t drive to meetings, and I don’t meet people face-to-face
- I have multiple streams of income (about 5-10 really good streams) and about 30 income streams total
- I can make money whether people join my network marketing team or not because I promote a variety of products, in addition to my MLM Company
- My blog is my HUB of operations, my base camp
- I focus ALL of my time on building a list (online and offline)
- I only spend about two to threehours a day doing everything I need to do to grow my business
*** THE PURPOSE OF MY BLOG IS TO BUILD MY LIST. MY LIST IS MY REAL BUSINESS. ***
I put that in caps lock and bold to emphasize a point.
Please read it again.
I build a list.
Then I focus on building a relationship with that list.
And then I monetize my list.
That is my business in a nut-shell.
*** Thanks for teaching me that valuable lesson Mike Dillard.
Once again, these are the key attributes of my business and system.
What I want to do in the rest of the post is give you the details of how I do everything and how it all works.
Let’s get started.
Everything starts with my blog.
You could say that my blog is my BUSINESS LOCATION or HUB of Operations.
Initially, I started a MLM Website in October 2010.
I grew it into a 2,000 page website, but then had a change of heart and wanted to have a blog instead of a website.
I wanted a blog so I could have an interactive community of network marketers.
I started blogging in April 2013.
This blog you are looking at right now is my base-camp!
It’s where people first meet me.
It’s where I add people to my list.
It’s where I sell affiliate products and meet prospects for my MLM Company.
Here is what I do on a daily basis Monday thru Friday to grow my business (this is off my daily “to-do” checklist):
- Publish a new blog post (2 to 3 times per week)
- Revise or edit one old post
- Approve and reply to comments
- Fix broken links and approve plug-in updates
- Share 2-3 posts in my Facebook group
- Send 1-2 handwritten notes
- Talk with 1-2 team members
- Follow up with new prospects who call/emailed me
This takes me about two hours per day to do!
I have refined my daily routine many times throughout the past six years as my business grew and evolved. I found some things worked well for me and other things didn’t work. I am always tweaking and improving what I do.
In addition, I email my list three times each week.
Every Monday I sent out my Monday Morning Mojo. This email provides cutting edge tips, announcements, and business tools about the industry.
Every Wednesday I send out my Chuck’s MLM Weekly Wisdom. This is where I share what is and what isn’t working in my business and provide creative ideas to grow your business.
Every Friday I send out my Must Read Posts. This is an announcement of all the blog posts I published that week.
All of my emails are designed to teach, provide value and help people. Yes, I have offers intertwined in my emails from time to time, but 95% of my content is valuable “how to” information.
*** You can subscribe to my free boot camp here if you want to receive these emails each week.***
Once again, the purpose of my blog is to build my list.
I have a large email subscriber list and an offline direct mail list.
My goal with my blog is simply to add 10-30 new people to my list every day of the week.
My list is my most valuble business asset.
My goal in business is to cultivate a STRONG relationship with my list so they know me, like me and trust me.
I send out those three emails every week.
They are designed to provide value, to share my knowledge and position me as an expert.
They get people to like me, know me, and trust me, and want to do business with me.
My emails also educate people about my MLM Company and share different affiliate products that I know will help people.
Many people on my lists eventually partner up with me and join me in my MLM Team.
But most do not.
Either way, I make money, because a lot of people buy different affiliate products from me.
Talk about a win-win!
Here are some of my income streams for my system and business:
- My MLM Company – Of course I want to build my primary MLM Company. I am affiliated with a leading health and wellness company. I realize it takes several YEARS to build a large MLM Income. That’s why I have multiple streams of income. Learn more.
- My Products – I’ve created a bunch of my own information products, such as eBooks and audio courses. I sell these on my website.
- Affiliate Products – I promote products such as Elite Marketing Pro, some lead programs, Amazon affiliate products and some Clickbank products. In all, I probably promote about 30 different affiliate programs.
- Coaching & Services – I offer paid coaching and website, SEO and online marketing services for my audience.
There you have it.
That is how I make money with my network marketing business.
This is my entire system in a nut-shell.
If I had to break it down into simple steps it would be:
- Create new content daily
- Build a list (online and offline)
- Provide value and educate people on my list (and blog)
- Generate multiple streams of income with my blog and list
- Have people ask me to sponsor them into my MLM Team
Now, before I close this post out, I want to put things in perspective for a moment.
First and foremost, my success was not instantaneous.
During those three years I worked 10-12 hours per day, seven days per week!
My goal is not to scare you off and tell you that you will have to work that hard to achieve what I have done, HOWEVER, I want you to know that BLOGGING, or building your MLM Business, requires WORK, PERSISTENCE and PATIENCE.
Rome was not built in a day.
This is NOT the LOTTERY folks! Almost every business that I know of takes at least 1-2 years to get profitable. And many of these business owners have tens of thousands of dollars invested in their business.
You don’t sign up or get started and just start making cash.
You have to take the time and money to develop your specialized knowledge!
I had to go through a steep learning curve, but I’m glad that I did because now I have a very solid business and make money even while I sleep!
Furthermore, my way is not the only way, or even the best way, to build a successful network marketing business.
My sponsor has had more than one million people join his team and he didn’t use the computer at all!
Chew on that.
When it comes to a system, you need something that works for you and something you can use in your team.
Furthermore, I realize there are MANY different ways to build a successful network marketing business.
Interview 100 top earners and you will find 100 different systems or methods.
Forcing everyone on your team to use the same system is idiotic as I see it.
We are all wired differently and have different talents and abilities.
A good sponsor will help you develop a game plan that works for you, not force you to do what he does.
I chose the online approach, and the system I use, for a strategic reason.
First of all, I love writing and blogging.
Next, I want multiple streams of income.
In addition, I want people contacting me and I want leverage.
I wanted a system that would work for me 24/7, even while I slept.
I have no desire to sell people, chase people, bug my warm market, or prospect everyone I meet.
I hate rejection, hype and pressure, so I built a system that eliminates that.
I also have no desire to go to meetings or meet with people face to face.
I enjoy working in my pajamas from home and talking to people who call me first.
That is why I chose the system I have now.
And it works like hotcakes, FOR ME!
Could it work for you?
I think you would be much smarter off to come up with something that leverages your own talents and abilities.
If you have any questions about my system, you can give me a call at (352) 503-4816 eastern time, or you can send me a message.
What are your thoughts about my system for building my MLM business?
What type of system do you use to grow your MLM Business?
Leave a comment below to share your thoughts.
I look forward to hearing from you.
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.