My friend Catherine and I went to the MLM Mastermind Event in Orlando, Florida from November 13-15, 2015. This was my first experience at the event. This was the first MLM Event I have attended in more than ten years.
I purchased a ticket for the previous year’s event, but couldn’t attend due to personal reasons. Since I didn’t want to miss the event again, I purchased a ticket from a close friend at a discounted price. Leading up to the event, I was excited for many months. I wasn’t sure what to expect.
Catherine (my friend) flew in from Wisconsin and we met up at the event. We are good friends, but are in two separate companies. The event was located at the Renaissance Hotel (Marriott) in Orlando, Florida.
Here is a list of the speakers from the event (sorry if I missed anyone):
- Art Jonak
- “Big Al” Tom Schreiter
- Sarah Robbins
- John Addison
- Chris Brady
- Bob Burg
- Randy Gage
- Wes Linden
- Orjan and Hilde Saele
- Darnell Self
- Orrin and Laurie Woodward
- JJ Birden
- Dana Collins
- Justin Harrison
- Andi Duli
- Eugene Hong
- Natalie Heeley
- Sara Marble
- Ken and Lisa Seto
Personally, my top three favorite speakers were John Addison, Randy Gage and Darnell Self.
The atmosphere was electrifying. I don’t know exactly how many people were in attendance, but it was in the thousands. Being there definitely provided physical proof that the industry does work. There were tons of top earners from many different companies. Everyone was excited and eager to learn. People were happy and friendly and I really enjoyed that it was a no recruiting zone.
Check In Process
The check in process was very easy. I arrived late Thursday night and checked in around 9 pm. The event staff was well prepared and knew what they were doing. I simply gave them my confirmation number and they handed me my event pass.
The Renaissance Hotel itself was very nice. The staff was courteous. The rooms were at a discounted rate. The food was a bit pricey (expected), but good quality. I would definitely return to the hotel again in the future. We also received a discount for parking and the resort pass. The room where the event was held was ample size.
Key Lessons Learned
Here are some of my key takeaways from the event:
- Get in the trenches and stay there
- Be willing to do what others won’t do
- Inspire others by your actions
- People crave recognition more than money
- Recognize activities you want your team to do
- Find out how people on your team like to be recognized
- Little things work; use a personal touch
- What does your calendar say about your commitment?
- People want to work with someone who is committed
- One committed person can change the world
- Pick one company and focus exclusively on it
- Stay out of debt
- Is your money compounding for you or against you?
- When you go into debt you sell your freedom
- Monitor your expenses closely
- Don’t spend more than you earn
Customer Focused Business
- Every rep should have 5-50 personal customers
- Most of your income will come from your customers if you build your business right
- You can lead with the products or the business, but product movement drives income
What I Liked About the Event
- No recruiting zone
- Well organized
- Good value for the price
- Lots of speakers with different backgrounds
What I Disliked About the Event
- No “how to” training; it was mostly motivational in nature
- The sound quality with the microphones was subpar
If I was going to rate the event on a one to ten scale, I would give it a 6 of 10. To me, the first day was a 10 of 10. The speakers were great. It was exciting. The second day was a bit of a disappointment to me personally, and I would give that a 3 of 10. The speakers and sessions didn’t do much for me. The final day was about the same as the second day.
I enjoyed the stories of the speakers. It was motivational. The one area it came up short is that there was not one class or session on the “how to.” If you were attending the event to learn more about prospecting, recruiting, inviting, presenting, following up, getting customers, etc. it would have been a big disappointment.
I’m not sure if I am going to attend next year’s event or not. That being said, I do see a big value in the event for people who do not have 100% belief in the industry. It would be great for people who need “validation” that the industry does work. Also, the “big picture thinking” and “mindset training” would be beneficial to many people.
Over the next two weeks I will be doing a mini-series for the event. I will share my key lessons learned from each speaker.
In review, this was my first MLM Mastermind Event. Overall, I did enjoy the experience and think it would be worth attending, at least once.
On a side note, I would love to hear from you. Have you ever attended the event? If so, did you like it? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.