Today is the first lesson in my Holton Buggs mini-series. The lesson today is that MLM is hard work! As Holton Buggs says, “most people miss the work part of network marketing.”
I don’t know what it is, but for some strange reason most people who join our industry just aren’t willing to roll up their sleeves and do the work. It’s as if they think they can sign up today, go to sleep tonight, and when they wake up tomorrow a BOAT LOAD of money will be flowing into their business.
When that doesn’t happen, they quit. Or, they say they were scammed.
Few people are willing to put in the time it takes to build a successful business.
The truth is, it’s hard work building ANY type of successful business, including network marketing.
It’s hard work motivating yourself (for some folks anyway) to build their MLM Business after they come home from a long day at work.
It’s hard for people to deal with rejection.
It’s hard for most people to stay disciplined and keep doing the work, even after their initial enthusiasm fades.
It’s hard for some people to deal with and lead other people.
it’s hard for people to keep working when there isn’t any money flowing in.
It’s hard for people to keep building their MLM Business when they aren’t profitable after 90 days.
It’s hard for people to step out of their comfort zone and talk to strangers.
I could go on an on, but most of these lessons really apply to any type of businesses.
All businesses require a huge sacrifice of time and energy (and most require lots of money too). Most businesses take a year or two just to get profitable. Most new business owners (in any industry) take a year or two just to develop the entrepreneur mindset and get their thinking right!
If success was easy in life, everyone would be successful. I’ve learned that success is not something that just happens to you. It doesn’t come to you. You have to go out and earn it through hard work, personal sacrifice and constant discipline.
If you want to make it in MLM, you have to look at what the top 3% do and then copy their behavior. Ignore what the other 97% do and do the complete opposite.
And remember this. Nothing worth accomplishing is easy.
You think it was easy for Sam Walton to build Wal-mart?
You think it was easy for an Olympic athlete to make it to the Olympics?
You think it was easy for an author to write a book?
You think it was easy for a broke, single mom to complete her college degree while she had a job and family to take care of?
The answer to all of these questions is NO, it wasn’t easy.
But the person made a decision, rolled up their sleeves and did the work UNTIL they were successful.
If you want to succeed in MLM, you’re going to have to do the same thing!
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below and let us know.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.