If you are trying to expand your MLM business locally, you should consider using a MLM Drop Card. This is similar to a flyer, but it is much smaller. A drop card is slightly bigger than a business card and a little bit smaller than a postcard. It is designed to pique people’s interest and get them to visit your website, send you an email, or call you. In other words, it helps you generate leads.
You can create a simple MLM drop card on your laptop or desktop and have it printed at your local office supply store. You can make 4,000 to 5,000 drop cards for about $50 to $100, so it is really inexpensive advertising. I typically put 12 drop cards onto one page of paper.
Once you have a drop card created, your goal is to distribute as many as possible. You can leave them in specific locations and hand them to people in person.
At a minimum, you should hand out 50-100 drop cards per day, or 350 to 700 per week. The more the better! To do this, you could spend thirty to sixty minutes per day handing out drop cards, or just do it one day a week. Either method works fine. You want to leave them at banks, gas stations, restaurants, office supply stores, convenience stores, bulletin boards, and a variety of other places. My best advice is to physically hand the drop card to someone, smile, and walk away.
A small portion of the people that read your drop card will respond and call the phone number on your drop card, email you, or visit your website. A good response rate is 1-3%. If you hand out 1,000 drop cards in a week, and get a 1% response rate, you would have 10 new leads. If you get a 3% response rate you would have 30 new leads. Since you only spent $50 to $100 to create several thousand drop cards, you received a very good return on your investment. Best of all, these people are contacting you first, so it makes life much easier for you.
You simply need to follow up with your leads to book appointments and share your business presentation or products with them. You could email them a video presentation, mail them a DVD, meet with them one on one, invite them to a hotel meeting, or whatever else you feel comfortable doing. You can expect to sponsor a small percentage of your new leads as distributors and customers. It simply is a numbers game. For example, if you had 30 leads, you should sponsor 1-3 new people into your business as a customer or distributor.
I’ve provided a sample MLM drop card in the photo to the left. This is what I used at one time to promote my business. Notice I don’t mention my company name on the drop card. And, I don’t use fancy graphics either. I keep it simple and to the point. I’ve found this to be very effective.
Top 10 Tips for Success with MLM Drop Cards
1. Hand them out on a regular basis -One of my best tips is to make sure that you hand some drop cards out every single day. Don’t just do it once and stop. You have to consistently hand them out on a regular basis if you want a steady flow of new leads.
2. Use a catchy headline, a few bullet points and a call to action – Think of your drop card as a classified ad. You want to pique the person’s interest, give them a little bit of information and tell them what you want them to do.
3. Don’t mention your company name or provide too much information – Keep it short and simple and generic. Less is better!
4. Use a bright colored card stock that really sticks out – I like the bright pink, bright orange and bright yellow card stock. It really stands out and gets noticed.
5. You can even use a $100 bill drop card; these are really catchy – You can order these online. You can print your message on a replica $100 bill. This really gets people’s attention.
6. Provide a phone number, website and email on your drop card, so there are multiple ways someone can get in touch with you – Use multiple forms of communication to appeal to more people. Not everyone will feel comfortable calling you.
7. If possible, physically hand them to the person – This is a lot more effective than just leaving them in different places. Just give it to the person, smile and walk away.
8. Whenever you are out and about make sure you hand out some drop cards – You don’t have to intentionally go out to hand out drop cards. Make it a habit of leaving some everywhere you go.
9. Teach your team members to do the same thing – One of my best tips is to teach your team members to use drop cards. What type of growth could you expect in your business if you had 10-100 people on your team each handing out 100 drop cards per day? I think you would see a huge influx of new leads and new reps.
10. Track Your Results – My final tip, and one of the most important, is to track your results. Keep track of how many drop cards you hand out, how many calls you get, and how many new reps and customers it leads to. That way you know your conversion rate. It might also be in your best interest to test out a few different drop cards to see which ones convert the best.
Sample Drop Cards
Here are a few sample drop cards that I found online.
Where to Order MLM Drop Cards
- Drop Cards USA
- MLM Marketing Tools
- Your local Kinkos, Office Max or Office Depot
- Print on your own computer at home
Video About Drop Card Marketing
Here is a great video I found about using drop cards to promote your network marketing business.
If you aren’t using MLM drop cards to expand your network marketing business locally, you are really behind the power curve. I think it’s a great and inexpensive way to generate leads for your business, even on a shoestring budget. Your key to success is to hand out thousands of drop cards on a consistent basis, and follow up with all of your leads promptly.
What are your thoughts about building your MLM Business with drop cards? Have you ever tried it? Leave a comment below and let us know your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.