MLM Car Magnet Tips for Network Marketers

One great way to get more local leads for your network marketing business is to use a car magnet.

You can get a car magnet for your vehicle so when you drive around town you can expose your business to every vehicle you drive by.

It’s a smart, passive recruiting strategy that you can use to generate more leads.

In the paragraphs below, I want to give you some of my best tips concerning car magnets for network marketers.

1.  Keep it simple – Keep it simple stupid!

You’ve probably heard that before.

You don’t want your car magnet to have tons of graphics and text that is hard to read.

You want to use large font, a white background,  no more than one picture, and as few words as possible.

Looking pretty or fancy won’t get the job done. Ugly is good!

2.  Use a headline – On your network marketing car magnet, use a catchy headline.

Here are a few sample headlines.car magnet

• Burn the fat and get paid!
  • Fire your boss today!
  • Work from home!
  • Earn $10k or more per month in your pajamas!

You want a headline that captivates the prospect and motivates them to take action and call to you.

Keep your headline to about five words or less and match sure it is in BIG font.

3.  Use a call to action – Your car magnet needs a call to action telling the prospect what to do.

Here are a few example calls to action:

• Call me to learn how you can fire your boss
  • Call 24/7 to hear our pre-recorded message about working from home
  • Call me during business hours to get a free sample of our world famous weight loss product
  • Visit my website to learn more

If you don’t tell you prospect what to do they won’t do anything!

1. MLM Nugget: The Best Network Marketing Tip Ever
  2. 33 Marketing Mistakes Small Businesses Make
  3. Brand New MLM Distributor: 10 Things Every New Network Marketing Rep Should Know
  4. MLM Memes: Use Them to Grow Your Network Marketing Business
  5. Customized MLM Marketing Plan

4.  Get a sizzle number – Ideally, you want to get a voice mail service so people don’t call you directly.

You can record a two to five minute message that explains what you do and have interested people leave a message.

You can follow up with people who leave a message.

This prevents people from calling your home phone or cell phone 24/7.

Make sure your car magnet provides a 800 number, not just an email or website.

Most people are “more likely” to call a pre-recorded 24/7 voice-mail than they are to call you direct or go to a website.

5. Use two or more magnets: Depending upon what type of vehicle you have, I would suggest two magnets.

If your vehicle has room for a car magnet on back, that would be enough.

If it doesn’t, I suggest you have a car magnet on your driver’s door and passenger’s door.

6. Don’t mention the name of your MLM Company – Whatever you do, don’t mention the name of your MLM Company on the car magnet.

No one cares about your MLM Company!

The sooner you realize that the better.

Instead, use the headline, a nice simple graphic and your phone number.

Keep it generic.

You will get more calls if you do this.

You want to keep what you do a mystery initially, so it sparks people’s curiosity and gets them to call you.

7. Get your team doing it – Try to get everyone on your team to do the same thing.

Everyone should start building their MLM Business locally.

Car magnets are one of the best and cheapest way to generate local leads.

A good magnet should cost $50 to $100, maybe even less.

If you drive around a lot, you should get at least three to five calls a week from it.

Over the course of a year, it can generate several hundred leads for your business, so it will more than pay for itself.

Every serious network marketer should use a car magnet to grow your their MLM Business.

It’s simple, effective and easy to do.

It’s a passive lead generation strategy because you can do it once and keep generating leads forever.

By following the advice listed above, you should be able to create a car magnet that works very well.

What are your thoughts?

What experience have you had using car magnets?

Leave a comment below to let me know what you think.

14 thoughts on “MLM Car Magnet Tips for Network Marketers

This is a great way to generate leads, but so many people are putting the name of their MLM on the magnets.

I have to say that I see at least 3 Herbalife magnets when we are driving in Puerto Rico for a short time. I like how you said to just use a headline and phone number with no company name. That seems like a much better system.

I also suggest simple decals for the inside back window. They are inexpensive and can do the same trick.

I never did a car magnet before but I see a lot of businesses doing it now. Some people go bananas for car magnets! Who knew! haha I am going to recommend my friend to this post because she is trying to get her business off the ground and I think car magnets may help her.

I see car magnets every day, and they definitely catch your attention. I have noticed some where the phone number is rather small, so beware of that. The ones that usually get my attention are on the backs of vehicles, usually on the window. I have made purchases off of vehicle magnets, and usually I was able to get the number because they were in front of me, or the rear window magnet was highly visible in a parking lot.

Thanks for the comment, Amy. Car magnets work! It doesn’t matter if you own a network marketing business or a traditional business.

One thing I really like about them, other than the fact that it’s inexpensive advertising, is the fact that they are a great visual tool for branding. People remember logos, and the more they see it (the rule is 7 times for action to be taken), the more likely they will eventually pursue more information about the product. It’s a good idea to have your logo included on vehicle magnets.

Having a logo on your car magnet will definitely help. Just make sure the logo isn’t so big that people can’t read the words, too.

Good point. You want to balance the graphics on your car magnet so that people don’t get lost in the logo and never see your phone number. Logos have a place in branding and marketing, but use of them is not exclusive. The visual brand is only one leg of a many legged marketing campaign, and clearly visible contact information is another, just as important, leg. Definitely have your phone number prominently displayed and not overshadowed by anything else. Like you said, keep it simple.

Car magnets can catch your attention. I hate to see car magnets that are too busy because it’s just so distracting. You end up focusing on the colors or the images or the over-crowding of words and you completely miss the name of the company or what it is the company is about. The best magnets that I have seen have a logo that tells you what industry the company is in, the name of the company, and contact info. Straight and to the point often works a lot better when it comes to advertising like this.

When I was younger, my dad used to own a small business. He used car magnets and as the young kid I was I thought that was silly at first. However, it was pretty amazing to see how much interest in the business that the car magnets generated. There was a magnet on each side of the car (driver’s door and passenger’s door).People would stop us at the store or at stop lights and ask questions. After some that that led to business for the company. It was neat to see how people’s curiosity led to actual business and of course that translated into money. Little lessons that I learned and carried with me as I looked into starting my own business.

In addition to car magnets, I would try bumper stickers. Some people really love reading those. While they aren’t too visible when the vehicle they are attached to is moving, neither are the magnets. Think about it though; while you’re driving around, which side of the cars around you do you most often see? It’s the back.

So true, James. Bumper stickers and car magnets are a great way to promote your network marketing business, or any other business. And they’re cheap.

6. Dan

Thing sounds so simple and easy, Chuck. I wonder why more network marketers don’t use car magnets to promote their business offline. It just sounds like common sense.

Dan

It is simple and easy, Dan. And that’s the beauty of using car magnets to find more people to sponsor into your business. Even a cave man could do it!