If you’re looking to buy or sell a MLM downline, you might want to hire a MLM Broker to assist you in the process. This is someone who specializes in our industry. You could also hire a business broker, but I would really suggest someone who specializes in network marketing.
What Does a MLM Broker Do?
You might be wondering what a MLM Broker does. Basically, they are your subject matter expert and they act as your agent and advisor during a business transaction, similar to what a lawyer would do. In many cases, your MLM Broker might be a lawyer.
They understand the rules, issues, concerns and important aspects of buying and selling a downline. They make sure you are represented fairly and they look out for your best interests, just like a realtor does when you are buying or selling real estate.
Why People Sell Downlines
- Major life changes
- Desire to pursue new interests
- Desire to change companies
- Loss of interest in MLM or specific company
Why People Buy MLM Downlines
- Quickest way to build a large team
- They have the money to do so
- They want to start a new business without starting at ground zero
- They want to!
Tips for Buyers
- Verify, verify, verify
- Hire a lawyer or broker
- Get EVERYTHING in writing
- Interview several people in the person’s team
- Look at the numbers and stats for the previous 12-36 months
- Do research on the company and look for trends
- Verify commissions, team volume, team growth, etc.
- Realize that all prices are negotiable
- Keep money in escrow until the deal is done
- Do not try to screw over the seller
Tips for Sellers
- Have a realistic price, normally 12 to 24 times monthly earnings
- Have a lawyer to advise you and put the deal together
- Check with parent company first to make sure you are allowed to sell your downline
- Get everything in writing
- Do not lie about your numbers or earnings
- Expect to show them your earnings and stats
- Get the most you can, but be realistic
- Realize that all prices are negotiable
- Do not try to screw over the buyer
Buy or Sell Your MLM Downline
If you would like to sell your organization, or buy someone else’s group, I will create an article that describes what you have to offer (for sellers) or what you are looking for (for buyers). I’ll use my SEO skills to get this article ranked high in the search engines in no time, so interested buyers or sellers can get in touch with you. Your listing will be available on my blog until you ask me to remove it.
You are responsible for fact checking, talking with the parent company, negotiating with the buyer or seller, hiring your own lawyer, and putting the deal together. Since I am not a lawyer or CPA, I stay out of that process. My job is simply to help buyers find sellers and help sellers find buyers. Once that happens, they take over and I am removed from the process.
The cost for buyers or sellers is $400 to pay for my time to write the article, find out you have to offer or want, etc. Serious inquiries only please. If the price is too much, you probably shouldn’t be buying or selling a team.
There you have it folks. Working with a MLM Broker is a smart move if you are looking to buy or sell a MLM Downline. Whether you are buying or selling, be sure you are ethical, fact check, and follow the advice in this article. Do your due diligence and make an informed decision.
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
My Recommended Products & OpportunityIf you're looking for an amazing product line of health and wellness products (at discount store prices) and a lucrative opportunity that does business worldwide, consider today your lucky day!
Our company has no auto-ships, no monthly purchasing requirements to earn, no overpriced products, no legs to balance, and no volume requirements.
We offer a wide selection of products that people want and can afford. Every month the company adds new products. Our products are third-party tested and come with a no questions asked 90-Day money back guarantee.
I am looking for people who want to save money and make money. You can learn more about the business here or you can check out the products and shop my online store here.
Network Marketing Professional (21+ years)
Top Recruiter & Top Rep