Today, I’d like to talk about MLM Advertising ideas that work. I want to share my most important thoughts about advertising your network marketing business, so you can save time and money, and get better results.
Every business should advertise. This includes paid and free strategies. It also includes online and offline strategies. Remember, your products are not your real business. Instead, PROMOTING your product or service is your real business. This applies to EVERY business, not just network marketers.
It’s your job to make your cash register ring, not fall in love with your product. Instead of falling in love with your product, fall in love with HOW YOU WILL SELL your product or service. This is a valuable lesson I learned the hard way.
When it comes to MLM Advertising ideas that work, here are some considerations:
# 1: Look at the masses and do the opposite.
Look at what most network marketers in your company, and other companies, are doing and do the opposite. Why? In 99% of the cases, what they are doing is NOT working.
# 2: Study other industries.
One of the best tips I can share with you is to study other industries. Look at online and offline ads from other industries. Keep a swipe copy of the ads you like, that stand out to you. I get my best ideas from evaluating advertising in other industries.
# 3: Find ways to be different.
One of the most important things you can do BEFORE you spend one penny on advertising is to take the time and figure out your Unique Selling Proposition. What makes you different? Why should people do business with you? You must know the answer to these two questions BEFORE you start advertising.
# 4: Focus on what’s in it for your prospect.
In everything that you do, remember that the BENEFITS are what your prospect is interested in. Make a detailed list of the features your products, services, or opportunity offers and then produce a list of benefits for each feature. In your advertising, you must focus on the benefits, not the features.
# 5: Learn how to close.
It does you no good to advertise your business if you don’t know how to close your interested prospects. Take the time to learn how to close the sale. Study sales techniques. It’s time and money well spent.
# 6: Be someone worth joining.
Most importantly, be someone worth joining. You can have everything else working for you, but if you don’t have the confidence, attitude, posture, and belief, your prospects will not join you. Therefore, it’s important to work on your personal development.
MLM Advertising Ideas That Work
Now that we’ve got those basic tips out of the way, I want to share my best MLM Advertising ideas that work.
Offer Something for Free
The best type of advertising is to offer FREE information. You are giving away something for free instead of talking about your opportunity or products.
Here’s an example. Your company sells weight loss products. Rather than advertising your opportunity or weight loss products, you advertise a free report about weight loss.
In your report, you educate your prospect about weight loss and talk about your products and opportunity. You advertise the free report, and your report advertises your business and products for you. You sell the sizzle, and the sizzle sells the steak.
This is known as a two-step selling process. It works. I’ve been using this method successfully for about five-years now.
Focus on Your Target Market
Another way to do MLM Advertising ideas that work is to only advertise to people in your target market. Rather than focus on the machine gun approach or shotgun approach, you take the sniper approach.
This means your ads are targeted. You want to qualify and disqualify people. This saves you time, money, and energy.
Here’s what you do. First off, take the time to figure out who your ideal customer is. Not everyone is a potential prospect. Instead, who is MOST LIKELY to be interested in what you are offering? Who is best qualified to join the business? Who is best qualified to buy your product?
For example, I promote a company that specializes in natural and organic products. When it comes to the products, I only advertise to people who (1) care about their health, (2) are already buying natural and organic products, and (3) have the money to afford them.
These groups of people are my target market. It’s who I focus on, because they are the group MOST LIKELY to be interested in my offer.
Advertise Where Your Prospects Hang Out
Another tip for MLM Advertising ideas that work is go to where your best prospects hang out. Figure out where they spend time together online or offline and advertise there. This might include:
- Certain Magazines
- Certain Trade Publications
- Certain Websites
- Direct Mail
- Specific Facebook Groups
You get the gist.
Market, Message & Media
The most important thing when it comes to MLM Advertising ideas that work is to match up your market, message, and media.
Your market is WHO you are trying to reach. Your message is what you are offering them. Finally, your media is where you are advertising.
If you can match up these three things, you will do well with your advertising.
Simple Things You Can Do
Here are some simple things you can do to skyrocket your advertising results.
- Buy a mailing list and send a postcard to people in your target market. For example, if you sell weight loss products, buy a mailing list of weight loss enthusiasts, and send them a postcard offering a free sample, a free report on how to lose weight, a free consultation, or a complimentary gift card.
- Offer people in your target market a free sample. Offer anyone you know who drinks coffee, a free sample of your company’s coffee.
- Create YouTube videos that educate people about the BENEFITS of your products or company. This is quite perhaps the best thing you can do. For example, if your company sells skin care products, make videos providing skin care tips (not about your company or product line). At the end of each video, let them know they can contact you to learn more about your favorite line of skin care products.
- Start your own Facebook group about the BENEFITS of your product or service and educate people. For example, if your company sells essential oils, you could make a Facebook group about essential oils. You could educate people about different oils, without saying the name of your company or product line.
- Create PPC ads for people searching for specific keywords about your products or company. This is self-explanatory and one of the fastest ways to advertise your business effectively.
- Advertise on blogs and websites that people in your target market frequently visit. If your company sells pet products, as an example, you could place ads on popular pet blogs offering a free sample of one of your company’s products, or a free eBook you created about taking care of your pet.
And the Big Tip
Spend more time promoting yourself, not your company or products. People join people, not companies. If all you ever do is talk about your products and company, you will turn people off.
Instead, you want to provide VALUE in everything you do, including advertising, and help people solve their problems. Make everything you do geared around those two things. If you can do that, you will become a retailing and recruiting machine.
In conclusion, these are my ideas about MLM Advertising ideas that work. If you can follow the advice in this article there is no doubt in my mind, you will do better than 97% of all network marketers trying to advertise their business.
What are your thoughts? What are your best tips about MLM Advertising ideas that work? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.