During the past few weeks, I’ve listened to Making the Shift by Darren Hardy several different times. This is quite perhaps my favorite “mindset” training I have ever listened to, especially for new entrepreneurs and new network marketers.
What I would like to do in the paragraphs below is just share a copy of my NOTES from listening to this training. Some of these are quotes from the training. Some of these are my own insights. I hope you enjoy the information as much as I did.
Watch the Video
Notes from Making the Shift by Darren Hardy
- The number one key to wealth is owning your own business.
- It’s normal to have doubts and fears when you are first getting started in a new business.
- All successful people were newbies at one point in their career.
- Your mind will play tricks on you to give you a solid justification as to why you should quit the business.
- The business you’re trying to build; thousands of people have already done it successfully.
- You really can change your life in three to five years.
- Everyone in MLM has the same opportunity, a level playing field. The only factor is YOU.
- Without knowing your why, the how does not matter.
- Willpower will fail you. You need WHY power.
- Your WHY will keep you going through the tough times.
- When the reason is big enough you can overcome anything.
- Everything you’ve worked hard to accumulate up to now is useless. Your education, experience and awards will hinder you more than they will help you.
- Network marketing is not about what you can do, it’s what you can model and replicate with thousands of others.
- The beauty of our industry is that you can earn 1% from 100 people’s efforts rather than 100% of your own efforts.
- You want a simple system so anyone with any education from anywhere can do what you do.
- You will struggle more with what you need to unlearn than what you need to learn.
- Most people who join our industry come in and try to complicate it by doing it their own way.
- Forget everything you know, be teachable and learn everything you can! Trust and plug in to the system.
- You don’t want to do all of the work. You want the system to do all of the work.
- Use the tools, don’t be the tool!
- Being your own boss sounds like a dream, but most new entrepreneurs struggle with the lack of structure and poor time management skills.
- Never mistake activity for productivity.
- Always start your business part-time. This business is designed to do part-time for a few years before doing it full-time. Going full-time too soon is often the kiss of death.
- Work full-time on your job and part-time on your fortune! Profits lead to fortune!
- $1,000 per month part-time will change most people’s lifestyle.
- One of the greatest recruiting tools is the money you make part-time.
- When you make $1,000 full-time no one wants to hear your story, but when you make $1,000 part-time everyone wants to hear your story.
- Share your vision with your entire family so they know why you are doing what you are doing and tell them how they will benefit.
- Set your boundaries, set up your home office and only work in your home office.
- Have set business hours. Plan out your week each week and write it in your day planner.
- When it’s time to work, work. When it’s time to rest, rest.
- Once you set goals, you need a written game-plan to get there.
- Goal achieving is an art form.
- Network marketing is easy to join and easy to quit. When you join, you have very little money invested, so it’s easy to give up when things get tough.
- The business isn’t the problem. It’s people’s lack of commitment that is the problem.
- Commitment is doing the things you said you were going to do long after the mood you set it in left you.
- Whatever business you join, be here ONE YEAR from now. Just sticking with it is more than half the battle.
- Personal development means you must become bigger than your problems.
- Most successful entrepreneurs fail three, four or five times before they make it big.
- Quitters never win. Most people quit when the going gets tough. That’s why most people are not successful in life and in business.
- Make a five-year commitment to your business.
- Treat your business as a serious business and it will reward you accordingly.
- Be patient, give yourself time to learn, figure things out, get good at it, and reap a harvest.
- If you stick with it, eventually the Compound Effect kicks in.
- Being an entrepreneur is often met with great antagonism, especially by friends and family.
- Most people are not courageous enough to leave corporate security to work for themselves.
- Your friends want you to quit and come back to the pack to justify their own actions.
- Don’t ask for advice from people more screwed up than you are.
- What you are really sharing with your prospects is YOU, not your products or business opportunity. You are in the attraction business.
- Your prospects evaluate you more than they do your business opportunity and products.
- Your reputation is more important than the words you say.
- Success is something you attract by the person you become.
- For things to improve you must improve.
- Work harder on yourself than you do on your business. The more you grow the more your business will grow.
- Turn your car into a mobile classroom. In the time you spend driving you could earn a PhD in leadership, sales, or entrepreneurship, just by listening to CDs and audio courses.
- Be careful what you put into your mind. Garbage in, garbage out.
- What you think about comes about.
- Read something educational and inspirational every single day.
About the Author
Darren Hardy is an author, speaker and editor of Success Magazine. Although I have never met him personally, I have tremendous respect for him. You can visit his website here.
There you have it folks. These are my top takeaways from Making the Shift by Darren Hardy. I hope you enjoyed the information. Which idea listed above resonates with you the most? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.