I’m a big fan of Joe Rubino. I’ve read his books and studied most of his training materials. He’s a legend in the network marketing industry and I have a tremendous amount of respect for him and his achievements.
The Joe Rubino 3/2/1 Method
One of his keys to success is the 3/2/1 method. This method revolves around the idea of having three prospecting conversations per day, two follow-up calls per day, and one call to a team member to help them per day.
I truly believe that anyone can follow this 3/2/1 method to grow their network marketing business, even if they’re working the business part-time. You could accomplish these three tasks in about 30-minutes per day.
If you are contacting three new prospects per day, you will have no problem having two people to follow up with a day, and you will have no problem having one team member to call and help.
Where to Find Prospects
Where most people fall short in MLM is they don’t have enough prospects to call (or they’re scared to call their prospects). As a result, they sit around with analysis by paralysis and accomplish very little in their business. Eventually, they quit the business.
What I do I recommend you do to find prospects to talk to? Here are a few simple ideas:
- Join local community activities
- Meet new friends on Facebook
- Attend flea markets, job fairs and community events to meet people
- Buy leads (not the best course of action, but better than doing nothing)
- Generate your own leads online
- Talk to three to five people while you are out and about living life
- Set up at local events, such as farmer’s markets and flea markets
If you are doing these activities you will meet people to share your products and business opportunity with.
The bottom line is you need to step out of your comfort zone if you want to meet new prospects. Initially, it will be scary, but once you do it enough you will get really good at it and start to enjoy it.
What to Say to Your Prospects
After you meet someone, give them a few days before you give them a call and follow up with them. Ask a few questions to determine if the products or business are a better fit for them, and then ask them if they will look at one of your third-party tools.
If they agree, set a time for your next conversation with them, and get off the phone quickly. The less you say to them the better. Let the tools do the work for you.
Keep This in Mind
As you’re following this process, you need to remember a few things.
- Most people will not check out the third-party tool, even if they say they will
- Most people will not answer the phone on your follow-up appointment
- Keep your posture and don’t chase anyone
- Realize that most people will need three to ten follow-ups before they buy or join
- You are looking for people who are looking; interested people will not waste your time, but most of your “non-interested” prospects will
Sign up the people who want to get started with the business or try out some products. If people tell you NO to the business, try to get referrals from them AND ask them to be a customer
When it comes to the follow-up process, I HIGHLY suggest you use an auto-responder. This will automate the follow-up process for you and automatically weed out the tire kickers and deadbeat leads.
Finally, make sure you call one team member every day to see if you can help them. Spend 90% of your time with the 10% of your team who are coachable, willing to work, and want success. Don’t waste your time with non-serious team-members.
Follow the 3/2/1 method that Joe Rubino talks about and you will be well on your way in your network marketing business. What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you. You can read his bio here.