Someone recently asked me “how do I sell my MLM Products online?” I personally think this is a very important question. In the paragraphs below, I’m going to do my best to answer that question objectively. But, there’s something I’ve got to warn you about first.
Before you do any type of marketing or advertising or content creation online, I HIGHLY suggest you read your distributor agreement first to see what you can and can’t do. Most activities you will want to do are probably prohibited, so please double check the rules so you don’t get a call from your MLM Company’s legal department.
Now that we have that out of the way, let’s talk about the THREE most popular STRATEGIES of selling your MLM Products online.
Strategy # 1: Product Reviews
Quite perhaps the most popular way to sell MLM Products online is to do product reviews. This is where you write an article or blog post or make a video about a specific product you are trying to sell. You talk about what the product does, how it works, what the benefits of using it are, where to buy it, what you like and dislike about it, how much it costs, etc. You review your company’s product line and talk about your experience using the products and why you recommend it/them to others.
Personally, I don’t think this strategy is very effective because (1) most companies prohibit it, (2) lots of distributors do it, and (3) most people will know you are just trying to sell them something, so they won’t look at your review as unbiased or objective (and rightfully so).
Of course, this strategy is better than doing nothing at all, but I believe there is a better way (keep reading).
Strategy # 2: Just Advertising Your Products
Lots of distributors use paid ads just to advertise their products. They do pay per click, solo ads, banner ads and other forms of advertising to promote their product line. With these ads, they typically send people directly to their distributor website to buy the product. The ads say a little bit about what the product does and why people should use it, and then they are sent directly to the sales page. This might work for a few people, but I would expect a very low conversion rate (less than 1%) and with the cost of advertising continuously going up, I’m not sure how you could do this in a cost effective way.
Strategy # 3: Educating Your Customers and Focusing on the Benefits
This is hands down my favorite strategy for selling more MLM Products online. I think it’s ideal to focus on the benefits of what your product does and to educate your potential customers about those benefits, rather than just talk about the product itself. Here are a few examples, just to put things in perspective.
- If you sell weight loss products, focus on creating content and information about losing weight. For example, create a weight loss related website, blog or YouTube Channel giving tips and information about losing weight. Mention your products briefly in the content, but don’t have them be the primary focus.
- If you sell beauty products, focus on creating content and information about looking and feeling beautiful. For example, create a beauty related website, blog or YouTube Channel giving tips and information about looking and feeling beautiful. Mention your products briefly in the content, but don’t have them be the primary focus.
- If you sell energy drinks, focus on creating content and information about having more energy. For example, create an energy related website, blog or YouTube Channel giving tips and information about having more energy. Mention your products briefly in the content, but don’t have them be the primary focus.
- If you sell home utilities, focus on creating content and information about saving money on your electric bill. For example, create a home utility related website, blog or YouTube Channel giving tips and information about saving money on your utility bills. Mention your products briefly in the content, but don’t have them be the primary focus.
- If you sell cell phone services, focus on creating content and information about choosing a cell phone provider or saving money on your cell phone bill. For example, create a discount cell phone related website, blog or YouTube Channel giving tips and information about how to save money with your cell phone bill, or how to find the right cell phone provider. Mention your products briefly in the content, but don’t have them be the primary focus.
The real beauty of using this strategy is that you EDUCATE your prospect. This is the concept of attraction marketing. You don’t come across as a snake oil salesman either. You position yourself as an expert, and people who are interested in the products you suggest, will ask you for more information or buy the product on the spot.
Once you’ve picked a strategy for how you want to sell the products, you now need to choose which method you want to use. I would suggest you focus on one of these three methods listed below and put all of your effort into it, rather than try and do a bunch of different things at once.
# 1 YouTube – Create a YouTube channel and make lots of videos, following your strategy. An example would be to create a weight loss related YouTube Channel.
# 2 Blogging – Create your own blog geared around the strategy you picked above. An example would be to create a blog about energy drinks.
# 3 Facebook – Create a Facebook fan page geared around the strategy you chose above. An example would be to create a Fan page that offers product reviews.
If I had to choose one of these methods I would recommend the most, it would be YouTube because of the ease of use and effectiveness of video marketing.
After you create your content you want to do TWO things.
# 1 Promote Your Content – You need to market and promote your content with paid and free advertising. Having good content is not enough. You need to let people know about it.
You want to capture people’s name and email, so you can automatically follow up with them via email marketing. Most people will not buy from you the first time they visit, read or view your content, BUT if you can follow up with them 20 to 100 times (or more), many of these folks will convert into customers eventually.
And as you build a big list, you can market and sell a VARIETY of products and services to them, which provides multiple streams of income.
To sum up what we learned today, the first thing you need to do is pick a strategy. Ultimately, you can do (1) product reviews, (2) just advertise your products or (3) focus on the benefits of your products. Once you pick one of these strategies, you need to pick a METHOD. The most popular methods are YouTube, blogging, and Facebook. After you do that you have to PROMOTE your content and BUILD A LIST.
You also have to realize that this is a long-term strategy to selling your MLM Products online. It might take you a few months to get the momentum going and make your first sale, but if you get started, keep learning from your mistakes, and don’t quit, you will eventually succeed.
What are your thoughts and best tips about selling your MLM Products online? Leave a comment below and let us know what you think. Thanks.
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.