Recognition and rewards are a great way to retain and motivate your MLM Team. So many folks in the world do not receive ANY recognition at home or at work. As a result, most folks don’t feel appreciated by others.
When you can find creative ways to recognize and reward your MLM Team and make them feel appreciated, many folks will stick around, become loyal to you and work extra hard to build their business. As I see it, it’s a win-win proposition for everyone involved.
You have to remember that the need to feel appreciated is one of the GREATEST human needs in the world. People love, admire and respect people that appreciate them! We all have those one (or two) people in our life that really, really make us feel loved and appreciated.
I encourage you to be that person to others!
As the leader of your network marketing team, you need to find some creative, affordable and effective ways to recognize and reward your team.
You need to remember that you are in the people business. Your job is to uplift, encourage and inspire the people on your team. It’s true, people really don’t care how much you know until they know how much you care.
When you can make someone feel appreciated, they will move mountains and earth for you!
1. Send Out a Mailed Newsletter Every Month – The first thing you should do is mail (yes, in the mail, not email) out a monthly newsletter to everyone on your team, once a month. Within the newsletter, you can have a distributor recognition section where you recognize people who did something good in their business the previous month. If you have a huge team and can’t afford to send out hundreds, or thousands, of newsletters, at least send one to your leaders and personally sponsored people. Read more about newsletters.
2. Distributor of the Month – You could pick a distributor of the month within your team and do some type of reward or recognition for them. It could be a certificate, a trophy, a gift card, or anything else. You can order some replica Olympic style medals on eBay for about $10. You can even have them customized with the month and the person’s name on it.
3. Thank You Cards – Thank you cards are a great way to show your appreciation for others. You can have some nice custom thank you cards made up that have your personal information on them. Try to write two thank you cards every day. That’s what I do.
In the card, be specific and be genuine. Simply look for little things that people are doing right, and send them a quick note to tell them you appreciate it. You could send notes when someone sponsors someone, gets a customer, rank advances, signs up for auto-ship, or anything else.
4. Gifts – You can also send inexpensive gifts to members of your team. I’ve found that the best gifts are personalized gifts, like a coffee cup with their name on it, custom stationary, a nice framed photo of the two of you, an inscribed pen, etc.
5. One-on-One Time – Another great way to recognize and reward your MLM Team is to give them some one-on-one time. At events, set aside some time before or after the event to spend some individual time with certain people on your team. When someone locally rank advances, take them out to dinner or invite them over for a nice home made meal.
6. Phone Call – This one is simple. When someone gets a rank advancement or does something great in their business, take ten minutes and give them a phone call to recognize them. They will appreciate the genuine support.
7. Public Recognition – When you are at an event, if possible, spend some time and publicly recognize members of your team in front of the whole group. Tell everyone what they accomplished and let everyone know how proud you are of that person. If you don’t meet for live events, you can do it on a conference call.
One of the smartest things you can do is find out how each person on your team likes to be recognized. You must realize that everyone is wired differently from everyone else. What you do to recognize one person might be ineffective when it comes to recognizing someone else.
I suggest you check out a copy of the book “The Five Love Languages” by Dr. Gary Chapman. He writes about the different ways that people perceive love and appreciation. This book is a real eye opener.
My final tip is to look for little things to recognize. Look for any small thing that you can recognize. It’s easy to recognize someone for doing something big. By recognizing the little things, they can serve as building blocks for bigger achievements.
Remember, what gets recognized gets repeated!
These are just seven simple things you can do to recognize and reward your MLM Team. Remember that recognition can be a more effective motivator than money with some people.
Also, everyone wants to feel appreciated and respected. Set aside time every single day to recognize and reward people in your downline. It won’t cost you much and it’s a great way to improve relationships and make the other person feel special. Learn more about how to motivate your team.
What are your thoughts? How do you recognize your team? What works best for you? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you.