What is MLM Edification? I define edification as saying something good or praising someone else. Therefore, MLM Edification is simply the process of saying something good about your upline, downline, cross-line, network marketing company, or our industry.
Edification is a very important part of the sponsoring process. Here’s how it works. If you are working with your upline to sponsor some distributors on your own, you simply tell your prospect a few good things about your upline, before the call or presentation. This “paints a picture” of your upline in your prospect’s mind, before they talk with them. Obviously, you want to be honest and not make things up. But, you want to say nice things that position your upline as an expert, authority, or successful distributor (whichever one they are).
And if you are working with your downline distributors you want to do the same thing. That means that if you are doing a three-way call with your downline, you tell your prospect something nice about their potential sponsor. You could say something as simple as “Jim is an excited, new distributor who is moving forward with his business. He has a bright future with this company.” Once again, this helps “paint a positive picture.”
If this sounds weird to you, that’s understandable. For many people, the thought of saying something good about others, might be unnatural. Many people have not edified someone else before (that they know of). However, the practice of edifying others is quite common in the real world. Here are a few examples:
• The best man giving a speech to the bride, groom and wedding party
• A salesperson saying nice things about his parent company and competitors
• A person writes a letter of recommendation for a friend
• Someone says something nice about one of their friends to set up a blind date
These are just a few examples.
I’ve found that MLM Edification is a very important process in building a network marketing business. You should always make it a point to edify people in your upline and downline with others. When you do this, everyone wins!
And as one last final piece of advice, remember that negative always goes upline and positive goes downline. If you ever have something negative to say, say it to your upline, not your downline. The last thing you want to do is cripple your organization with a bunch of negative thoughts.
What are your thoughts about edifying your upline and downline? Leave a comment and let us know.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.