It is my personal belief that your attitude will determine your altitude in life and in business. In the world of network marketing, you must develop a winning MLM Mindset if you ever want to make it big. But, what does this really mean? What is the right MLM Mindset? In the paragraphs below, I want to give you a few pointers to help you develop the right mindset, so you can achieve success in your business. Let’s get started.
• Progress Not Perfection: I believe in constant improvement. I also believe that there is no such thing as perfection, especially when you involve people. Humans are naturally flawed. To think that you can do anything perfectly, on a consistent basis (or ever), is highly unlikely. However, you can keep making small improvements every single day. And over a period of time, those small continuous improvements can pay huge dividends. Just try to get a little bit better every day, every week, every month and every year.
• Think Long Term: Short term thinking is like a bad disease. In fact, short term thinking is a huge problem in America, and throughout the rest of the world. Few people think past the weekend. That’s why people spend more time planning for their vacation than they do planning for their future. One of the major differences between entrepreneurs and employees is the way they think. Entrepreneurs typically think long term whereas employees typically think short term. Just because you own your own MLM business doesn’t make you an entrepreneur. You have to earn that right. And you have to reprogram your mind and get rid of the short-term thinking. Nothing worth accomplishing happens overnight. Good things take time. Most businesses take a couple years, just to get profitable. Simply put, I recommend you make a minimum FIVE YEAR commitment to your business before you decide if it is right for you or not.
• Master Your Emotions: The MLM World can be an emotional roller coaster. People get excited that someone might join their business and disappointed when they don’t. You need to learn how to control your emotions. You need to be constant. This was a big challenge for me, since I am naturally an emotional guy. I see so many people join our business excited only to fizzle out 30 to 90 days later. I’d rather sponsor a non-excited person than an excited person. What goes up must come down. Learn how to be goal oriented and logical. It’s easier said than done, but it’s important to do.
• Never Stop Learning: You should never stop learning. You must be a student of your business. You should invest in books, CDs, seminars, webinars, and conferences every single month. You must commit to lifelong learning. This will help you separate yourself from your peers. At a minimum, read a book a week, listen to a tape a day and attend a seminar every 90 days. I learned that in Amway and it’s so powerful.
• Have a Mentor and Mastermind Team: All successful entrepreneurs and athletes have mentors. So should you. I think it’s wise to form a mastermind team of 3-10 people. You can bounce ideas off each other and help each other. It’s also important to find someone successful in your company (or in the industry) who can share ideas with you and give you constructive feedback. A good mentor will help you develop the right MLM Mindset, so you can succeed with your business.
These are just a few things you can do to develop a winning MLM Mindset. If you study any of the “big dogs” in this industry, you will quickly discover that the way they think is much different than the way most other unsuccessful people think. If you want to achieve success in your company, study the top dogs and learn to think like they do. Avoid the people who fail and make excuses. I hope that helps.
What are your thoughts? What do you do to develop the right MLM mindset so you can succeed in your business? Leave a comment and let us know.