Today, I want to do a post to teach you how to determine which MLM Distributors on your team are serious, and which ones aren’t serious.
One of the most important things you need to learn as a network marketer is HOW TO SPEND YOUR TIME and WHO TO WORK WITH.
You only have so much time in a day, and you want to spend your productive time with productive people.
I’ve made the mistake of spending lots of time with the wrong people. I invested countless hours with people who talked a big game and sound excited, but never did ANYTHING to build their business. Many of these ‘excited’ folks quit within a month or two of joining my team.
I really regret spending so much time with the wrong people, but I think that was part of my learning process.
What I want to do is take a moment and teach you what to look for in a serious distributor. Here are a few questions you can ask yourself to see if someone is really serious.
- Are they on auto-ship? If your company has an auto-ship program, and the person is NOT on it, they are not serious. I would not work with anyone not on auto-ship. If your company doesn’t have auto-ship, is the person at least ordering some products for personal use every month?
- Do they listen to the training calls? If you have training calls, keep track of who participates. Anyone not serious about their business will not be on one of these calls. Work with the people who are on the calls.
- Are they attending events? If you are promoting events, the serious people will attend them. Spend most of your time working with the people who are attending events. These are hands down your most serious people.
- Do they call you? I always tell my team members that I am here to help them, but that it’s their job to call ME, not for me to call them. I am very accessible, but I don’t believe in chasing anyone, even my own team.
- Is their business GROWING each month? When you look at the distributor’s organization and sales volume, is it increasing every month? If there are constantly new people being added to the team and the volume keeps going up, you know the person is serious.
- Do they IMPLEMENT what you teach them? Here’s another big tip. Lots of people will call you for advice, but if they never IMPLEMENT what you teach them, they are only fooling you and fooling themselves. Every time someone calls with a question or needs help, I suggest you give them a small assignment and see if they actually do it. If they don’t do it, move on and spend your time with someone else on your team.
- Have they made a name list? Another way to tell if someone is serious about the business is if they have made a name list. Even if they want to build their business online, they still need a name list so they have some folks to contact.
- Have they set business goals? I have each one of my new team members write down their business goals and tell me their why. I ask them to do this exercise and send me a copy. No more than one in ten people actually do it. But I know those are the serious folks.
Please keep in mind that what a person TELLS you is irrelevant. The only that matters is what they do. It’s true, actions speak louder than words.
What I would suggest you do is help everyone in their first 30 days. Always support and be kind to everyone on your team, but make sure that you spend 90% of your time with the top 20% most productive people. Do that and you can’t go wrong!
In addition, try to replace every non-serious distributor with a serious one. The best and easiest way to do that is to try and help everyone build depth as quickly as possible. Remember that most of your best leaders will come in depth and they will not be personally sponsored by you.
What do you think? How do you determine which MLM Distributors on your team are serious and which ones aren’t? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts.
*** This is part of a mini-series. Read the original post.
20+ Year Network Marketing Professional
Top Earner & Top Recruiter
P.S. Learn how to grow a successful network marketing business. Secret tips, training, and practical ideas. Free training delivered by email.
3 thoughts on “How to Determine Which MLM Distributors On Your Team Are Serious”
I agree completely with the majority of items you should consider if your prospect is serious. The only one I have an issue with is auto-ship. I believe you know my views on auto-ship. I have known people, including myself, who have gone with auto-ship just to find they do well at selling certain items and have other items piling up in a closet when it gets difficult to halt the auto-ship.
All the rest of your approach to determine if you have a person that is truly wanting to succeed is right on. What they say is one thing when what they do can be completely different.
All you really have to do is watch someone’s actions.
I also can tell if someone is serious if they ask many questions. Not obnoxious questions, but serious, about-the-business questions. You can tell they just want to do things right so they can make money. The other part of that comes with what you said about implementation. When you answer their questions, are they doing what you said? This can tell you if they are really serious.