You probably don’t want to hear this, but hiding behind your computer won’t make you rich in MLM. While the internet is a powerful tool, it won’t be easy to build your MLM Business online.
During the past five to seven years, many network marketers have shifted their business building efforts from Old School MLM to what is called New School MLM. Many of these folks have been taught concepts such as attraction marketing, funded proposals, blogging, video marketing, article marketing and the power of online marketing.
In reality, most folks turned to the internet because they are lazy and don’t want to prospect people face-to-face or deal with rejection. Rather than just approaching two or three people a day consistently about their products or business opportunity, they think that a blog, a video, or an article is the solution to all of their problems.
After all, the Internet is sexy. It has a global audience. And it makes sense to promote yourself and your business online right? Well, how’s that working out for you so far?
To be quite frank with you, it’s a lot easier to try and build an online business than it is to talk to strangers and get rejected. And while it might be EASIER it definitely isn’t more effective.
Unfortunately, many of the folks who took their MLM Business online continued to struggle! They spent hundreds of hours blogging, making videos, and writing articles without any tangible results. Or, they spent thousands of dollars buying pay-per-click ads or solo ads and only sponsored a couple people.
They thought they could just put up some fancy ads, build a website, make a few YouTube videos or post a few articles and their network marketing business would take off and grow overnight. We all know things don’t turn out that way.
You see, there are a few important things you probably didn’t know about online network marketing. I’ll take a moment or two and cover them below.
1) The Internet Is Saturated with Competition – There are millions of network marketers promoting their opportunity in the search engines, on Facebook, on YouTube, on article directories, and across tens of thousands of blogs and websites. Standing out in the crowd is very hard to do. Do an online search for any network marketing term and you will find MILLIONS of results.
2) It’s Hard to Build Relationships Online – It’s hard to really connect with someone on a personal level online. Success in network marketing comes down to having lots of strong relationships with others. The only real way to do that is to look someone else in the eyeballs and spend time with them face-to-face.
3) People Get Exposed to 50 or More Opportunities Every Day – Between social media and email, people get exposed to at least 50 different opportunities a day, and probably much more than that. Even if they join your gig, there’s a good chance they will be off to the next shiny object before they ever even get started.
4) It’s Hard to Get People to Know You, Like You and Trust You If You Never Meet Them – Nothing beats personal, face to face communication. People like to do business with people they know, like and trust. It’s next to impossible to get people to know you, like you and trust you online.
5) People Will Quit Just As Fast As They Join – Even if you are good at sponsoring people, they will quit just as fast as they joined. They will be off chasing the next shiny object before they’ve worked with you for even a month.
What is the key take away from this post?
Well, you can’t hide behind your computer and expect to build a large sustainable network marketing business.
Yes, you can leverage the internet to help you generate leads and build your business, but you still need to develop relationships with people.
Truthfully, nothing beats Old School MLM.
Study any of the top earners from any company and you will see an OVERWHELMING majority of them still do Old School MLM.
Online MLM is tough. It’s time consuming. And it’s not very duplicatable in your team.
The truth is, if you can’t succeed with Old School MLM, you probably won’t do very well with online network marketing either.
What are your thoughts? Leave a comment below to let us know what you think.
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team