Today, I want to talk about gym memberships vs. network marketing. I want to share a few trends that I have noticed during the past few years. Initially, this post might sound a bit weird, or a bit different than other posts on my website. Just hear me out and read the whole thing, and they tell me what you think.
I know people who own gyms. I’ve also been a member at different gyms for more than a decade. I just want to share some of my personal observations. I doubt many people will disagree with what I am saying about gym memberships.
Here are a few things I know about gym memberships:
- They are affordable and low cost to buy (normally $20 to $50 per month)
- ANYONE above the age of 18 can buy a gym membership
- Most people who buy a gym membership end up canceling it within a year
- SOME people who buy a gym membership never go to the gym even once
- Most folks who buy a gym membership don’t go to the gym every day
- Most people who buy a gym membership do not CHANGE their bodies, lose much weight, and reach their fitness goals
Here’s something I found online:
- The average person with a gym membership goes to the gym twice a week
- 67% of people with a gym membership never use it
Here’s the funny thing. SOME people who buy gym memberships take their membership very seriously. They consistently work out. They hire trainers. They set goals. They are VERY committed to improving their health so they go to the gym every day, or almost every day. They stay persistent, and as a result, they change their life. They get healthy, lose weight and get stronger. Simply put, they SUCCEED.
Now, you might be wondering what does all of this have to do with network marketing? I think that’s a great question. Here are some things that you should know about network marketing:
- Most companies are less than $100 to join
- Anyone above the age of 18 can get started
- Most distributors never sponsor ANYONE
- Most distributors do not go on auto-ship
- Most distributors do not get any customers
- Most distributors do not work their business 10-20 hours each week
- Most distributors quit within one year, and most do that within 60 to 90 days
- Most distributors do not make any money
Here’s the funny thing folks.
SOME distributors take their business VERY seriously. They use the products. They get customers. They sponsor new people each month. They build a team. They find a mentor. They set goals. As a result, they build a LARGE team and make good money!
The truth is, INDIVIDUAL results will ALWAYS vary. You could use the same reasoning with any industry or anything in life. Some people are committed, and some aren’t. Some people will put in the work, but most won’t.
Some people are self-motivated and others aren’t.
What’s funny is I have NEVER seen a blog online calling gym memberships a SCAM. Have you?
It’s not until we own up and accept responsibility for ourselves and our own actions, nothing will change. Yes, a lot of people fail/quit in MLM, but people fail/quit in EVERYTHING in life. There will always be people who succeed and people who fail in every industry and endeavor.
If you want to succeed, you simply need to do what the successful people did. That’s it.
Do that and you will succeed. Don’t do it and you will fail.
I hope that helps.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.