Why should you grow you direct sales or MLM Business via home parties? That is a million dollar question that I hope to answer today.
Let me start by telling you that the party plan is when you have a host invite over some of their close friends and family members, and you go to their house to demo the products and make sales in a group atmosphere. Typically, the meeting lasts about one hour (90 minutes max). During that time you demo some products, tell a few jokes, answer questions, pass around some catalogs, give out some samples, talk about the business opportunity and take orders.
This business building strategy lets you work smart by talking to five to ten prospects at once, rather than building the business one-on-one. Not only can you work smart, but it’s also a lot of fun. People love to get together and socialize and buy stuff.
As I see it, here are the top five reasons to use the party plan to grow your MLM Business:
1) Educate Your Customers: My favorite reason to use the party plan is to educate my customers about the products and business opportunity. When you have a home party, you have your customer’s undivided attention for one to two hours. You can let the prospects touch the products and demo the products. You can also discuss the features and benefits of the products.
In my experience, I’ve found that the best way to sell something is to educate your customer on the benefits of your product. Show them how the products will help them. This is frequently referred to as reverse selling (letting the customer sell themselves). It’s also beneficial that the customers can handle the products, look at it, smell it, taste it, etc.
2) Find New Customers: Customers are the lifeblood of any direct sales business. When you conduct party plans, you typically find five to ten new customers at each event. If you provide great customer service, many of these customers will become repeat customers. This gives you immediate and future profits. And several of your happy customers will normally agree to host a party at their house, which helps build momentum in your business. Heck, you might even find a few people at the home party who want to join the business.
3) Work Smart: Rather than trying to sell your products one-on-one, it’s much wiser to sell your products in a group setting. Instead of selling one product to one customer at a time, you can sell the same products to five to ten different people at once. This lets you work smart and produce more profit in your business, in the same amount of time. This is a great strategy for anyone with a full-time job and family commitments, who wants to build a big network marketing business, but doesn’t have a lot of time.
4) Generate More Sales: When you use the home party plan, you generate more sales volume in your business. If you can do one or two home parties each week and each party has five to ten guests, you are going to make a lot of sales (and a lot of money) in your business each month. If you were going to try to reach those same amount of people one-on-one it would take you 10 times longer!
5) Have Fun: Party Plans are fun. They are a great way to meet new friends, generate more sales, socialize, make money and have fun at the same time. If you’ve never done a party plan before (or attended one) you don’t know what you are missing. Just remember that most people love to have fun!
*** Here are a few additional reasons to use the party plan.
During my time in Amway (2002 – 2004), I frequently used the party plan to demo different Amway products to my downline distributors and potential customers. I’d invite a bunch of people over to my apartment and then demo five or ten different products. We ate snacks, laughed, had fun, and I made some sales at the same time.
I found this to be a very beneficial way to educate my downline and customers about the different features and benefits of the products. Typically, this led to increased product sales and larger bonus checks. It was also lots of fun.
You can use the party plan to acquire new retail customers or with your current downline distributors. Either way, you will educate each person about what the products have to offer them.
Getting Started with Home Parties
If you are just getting started, I highly suggest you have a “business kickoff” party at your own home. Invite over all of your friends and family. During the party, focus on booking follow on parties at your guests’ homes. Your goal is to start with your own network and then expand into their network of friends and family. If you can book 1-2 parties at every party you do, you will never run out of referrals.
I also suggest that you educate yourself about how to do home parties the right way. There are plenty of great books on the topic on Amazon. In addition, you can talk with someone in your upline who has experience with home parties and see if they will help you get started.
The bottom line is that home parties are a great way to build your network marketing business. They let you work smart and expose your products and business to five to ten people (or more) at once. They’re fun, fairly easy to do and very profitable.
Your key to success is to educate yourself on how to get started and learn as you go. Don’t wait until you are an expert to get started or keep getting ready to get ready. By the time you’ve done a few parties on your own, you will definitely know what you are doing.
What are your thoughts? Do you use the home party plan to grow your MLM Business? If so, what type of experience have you had with it? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team