Guest Post by Kathy Marie Howell
Leaders are born at events. If you been in the industry longer than a minute, you’ve probably heard that saying before. What I have found over the years is that leaders do attend events. It’s the best way to get to know people and there are always good nuggets of information being shared. With that said, I sat through the 26 hour event and took 42 pages of notes and got a few good nuggets of information. This may seem extreme to some people but note taking was encouraged at the event and I am always happy to have a reminder of any lesson I have learned.
Here are the top 10 things I learned from attending Go Pro 2015 in no specific order:
1. Set a budget for education outside of what your company provides. Eric stressed this concept the most and in detail, but everyone talked about personal development. The people who take this profession seriously will invest in themselves by attending seminars, reading books, and by studying successful people.
2. Keep a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly calendar to keep track of your business. Have a daily mode of operation and be accountable to yourself as well as your mentor. Know when your company events are coming up and always promote the next event. Always have a plan.
3. Plan – do – review. Once you have filled out your calendar you must put it into action, review the results consistently and adjust accordingly. Every presenter talked of having a business plan and putting it into action.
4. Think differently – Amateurs think of taking risk as potential loss, whereas professionals think of it as investment in themselves and their future. When it comes to prospecting, amateurs think of it as bothering people while professionals think of it as serving others. Professionals look at education as being lifetime learners and practice what they learn while amateurs look at it as a chore.
5. Leaders are readers. Every presenter shared books that have made a difference in their life. Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill was mentioned by several presenters as a life changing book while Bob Proctor said he read it every year. Reading for 30 minutes a day was must and encouraged by most of the presenters.
6. Make a decision and stick to it. We have to make the decision every day to stick to what we have committed to. When you have decided that this is what you really want to accomplish in life and there is no turning back, you will find a way to make it work. Success leaves clues.
7. Shift your emotions quickly. Don’t be attached to the outcome. Most people fail in network marketing because they get caught up in what other people think. This was a point mentioned by several of the presenters and it made a lot of sense to me. How many times have you wanted that one person to join your team and when they didn’t, you were crushed? The quicker you can let go, the faster you will succeed in this business.
8. Develop the habit of going the extra mile. Send the note, make the call, do what most people won’t do so you can live a life that most people only dream of. It takes discipline, consistency and persistent effort to be a successful business owner.
9. Create a brand for yourself. You must learn to be authentic, add value, and don’t be a copy cat. People want to get to know YOU. Think about what makes you unique and work with what you have while you develop what you can.
10. You are 100% responsible for your life. Have you ever know someone who wants to blame all their troubles on someone or something else besides themselves? Don’t be that person. Concentrate on personal development and how you can be of service to others. Focus on what you can change.
It was really great to be in a “no recruit” environment where the rules were strictly enforced. I felt completely comfortable talking to everyone around me and loved hearing everyone’s story. There were all ages and abilities in attendance and everyone had a smile on their face and seemed eager to learn. Out of curiosity I asked many people what made them join network marketing and across the board they responded they were in the looking zone. Most people didn’t answer with those exact words but it was clear what they were saying.
I’ve often heard to be successful in MLM that you have to work the numbers, or that it’s a numbers game. More people are dissatisfied with their current job than ever before and most people are looking for a way to have a better life. How do you know when someone is in the looking zone? You have to ask enough questions and then be quiet long enough to hear the answer. We are in the business of offering solutions to problems. Be professional, have clarity and conviction about what you are doing and don’t pre-judge anyone.
Favorite Quotes from Go Pro 2015
“Network marketing can’t be learned, it has to be discovered through the process.” ~ Eric Worre
“If you can get fired up, people will come from miles away to watch you burn.” ~ Presley Swagerty
“Your way is not working, why don’t you try mine?” ~ Bob Proctor
“If you’re not completing the check list, you’re telling me you don’t want to work.” ~ Rising Star Panel
“Most people don’t change because we don’t FEEL enough.” ~ Tony Robbins
“Hope can not be your work strategy.” ~ Mike Sims
“You don’t have to develop yourself to be the top person, just enough to get traction.” ~ Richard Brooke
“Look at your life as a movie and you are the main character. Adversity will happen but it will only create interest and everything will be okay!” ~ Marina Worre
I would highly recommend attending Go Pro 2016 as well as anything that Eric Worre promotes. He has proven himself to deliver quality content and attracts professionals from all over the world. His events are run smoothly from registration to the grand finale. Everyone received identification, a useful workbook which we were encouraged to use and a copy of Networking Times with a free subscription trial attached to it. Even though the event was long and intense, we were all eager to be there. I have already purchased my ticket to attend the event next year and have committed to having many of my teammates in attendance with me!
About the Author
Kathy Marie Howell, 49 year old mother of three married to the man of my dreams. My story just goes to show you that when you seek passion in your life, you often find solutions to help your dreams become reality. I got into the beauty industry to develop my talents and to serve others never realizing the profound effect it would have on my future.
I have found my experience as a Master Cosmetologist, specializing in health and wellness and coaching over the past 25+ years, has well prepared me to help others find their passion as well. My intuition and deep spirituality have led me to where I am today… living a life of purpose and joy.
I AM a MOMpreneur and blessed to be one. I AM a coach and a cheerleader and will be your biggest supporter. I AM here to help you navigate through our changing world with confidence. I AM here to bring innovative and new solutions to the world and it starts with an open heart and mind. I AM here for you.
To Your Success,
(352) 503-4816 home office
P.S. Let’s build a BIG team together. I know marketing and I can help you get leads. Check out my team’s exclusive postcard marketing system to build a big downline with our natural and organic products company.