One valuable lesson I learned from Tom “Big Al” Schreiter is that it is MUCH easier to keep a current customer happy and satisfied and than it is to go out and find a new customer (or distributor). One of the major mistakes that most network marketers make (and sales professionals) is that they are so busy going out to look for the next sale that they forget to take the time to take care of their current customers (and distributors).
Chew on that for a moment. Did you know that the single largest expense for most businesses is customer acquisition? Did you know that it is much more expensive (and time consuming) to go out and find a new customer to sell your products or services to than it is to sell MORE products and services to your current customer base?
If you are fortunate to have a team of distributors and customers, treat them like GOLD. Communicate with them often. Send them notes in the email. Give them words of encouragement. Let them know you appreciate them. To do that, here are a few things you can do:
1. Send out a monthly newsletter in the mail
2. Call your customers and team members once a month to check in on them
3. Send a postcard in the mail every 60 to 90 days to talk about a new product or service they haven’t purchased yet
4. Send them a $5 gift card to Starbucks (or other business) when they place an order
5. Send them a holiday card in the mail in November or December
6. Forward them an article or video that will benefit them
7. Send them FREE samples or a new catalog when you get one
These are just a few simple free and low cost things you can do to take care of your current customers and distributors.
Make it a point to spend 50% of your time and budget on your current customers and distributors. Since you’ve worked so hard to bring them INTO the business, why not spend just as much effort to KEEP them in the business?
It’s not all that hard to do. You just need to invest some time and a little bit of money to show them that you care about them and appreciate the business. Do the little things that most network marketers don’t do and you will get what most network marketers don’t get (long-term customers and long-term profits).
What are your thoughts about this? Leave a comment and let us know.