Today, I want to share some lessons I learned from Darin Kidd. Darin Kidd in a network marketing professional. He’s been a top earner in several companies to include Legal Shield, Nerium and now Pruvitt. Although I have never met him or worked with him before, I have tremendous respect for this guy.
I stumbled across a Darin Kidd training video on YouTube titled “How to Be Financially Free in 12-Months.” I watched the video back-to-back and then I went back a third time and took notes.
What I want to share with you below are my notes from the video. These are not Darin Kidd quotes. They are just a summary of what I learned in the video. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Darin Kidd Training Video
Darin Kidd Training Notes
Here are my notes from the above listed training video. They are listed by where I found it in the video. Keep in mind these are just my takeaways. Enjoy.
- We use leverage to create wealth or we get leveraged by someone else for them to create wealth.
- To live a big dream, you need to build a big team!
- Recruiting is the lifeblood of your business.
- Every organization will grow to maturity, level off and start to decline. If McDonald’s stopped recruiting new employees, they would be out of business in no time. If churches stopped recruiting new members, they would have to close their doors.
- If your income just depends on you, that’s a scary way to live.
- Recruiting is a few simple things you do over and over.
- Master the mundane. Basics create wealth, not fancy stuff! Fancy doesn’t duplicate.
- Recruiting is a process not an event. You plant seeds.
- Most people plant a few seeds, water it a little bit, and then quit because they aren’t rich yet. It takes time and patience to grow a crop.
- Everyone has at least five hours per week to build their business.
- Some people who work five hours per week can get more done that people who do the business full-time.
- You don’t want 10 super stars. Instead, you want an Army of Rookies doing a few simple things over a consistent period of time.
- Do not focus on the results. You can’t control the results. We can only control the activities that will lead us to results.
- The business works, it’s just people who don’t work.
- Your goal is to go out and sponsor 3-5 people who produce.
- Most top leaders sponsor 3-4 people per month. Anyone, even a part-timer could do that.
- Two exposures per day is where the magic happens.
- Everyone can make two exposures per day, even by accident.
- You decide how fast you can get where you want to be, based on the number of exposures you make on a daily basis.
- The attitude comes before the paycheck.
- You don’t attract what you want, you attract what you are.
- Everything we do has to be duplicatable 10 levels deep even with a dud.
- Where the tools flow the money goes.
- Exposure is everything.
- Big numbers equal big results and small numbers equal small results.
- Say less to more people.
- Don’t work with people who need it, work with people who want it. Look for the lookers.
- Some will, some won’t, so what, next.
- Amateurs convince. Professionals sort.
- Your exposures are your miles per hour in your business. You decide how fast you want to build the business.
- Pretend you are getting $100 bill for every person you put on your list.
- Don’t pre-judge anyone.
- My job is to share the information and let them recruit themselves when the timing is right.
- Let everyone know you are in business. Your job is simply to notify people.
- You’re never going to feel ready.
- We would take a bullet for our family, but we quit the business because someone tells us no.
- Motion creates emotion. If you wait until you “feel like” doing the business, you will never get around to it. Let your actions control your emotions.
- People worry so much about what they’re going to say. You can’t say the right thing to the wrong person or the wrong thing to the right person.
- Get people to the meeting or take the meeting to the people.
- Get them off your list and in play as fast as you can.
- Invest in your business.
- Don’t go out to do the business, but do the business while you are out.
- The worst thing someone will say is no.
- Plan – Do – Review.
- The fortune is in the IMMEDIATE follow-up. Strike while the iron is hot.
- Most people need 5 to 8 exposures to make a decision.
- We’re looking for our next best friend.
- No does not mean no, it just means not now.
- Timing is everything.
- When you see an increase in three-way calls in your team, your team will grow.
- Stories sell, facts tell.
- Work with the willing. It is easier to give birth than raise the dead.
- Recruiting is a mindset.
- 1-3 new recruits a month is a great goal.
- The same group that takes you to one level is not the same group that will take you to the next level.
There you have it folks. These are my notes from the Darin Kidd training video I shared in this post. I encourage you to watch the video several times and learn from it.
If you ever stumble across this post, Darin, I just want to say thanks for being such an awesome leader. Here’s to your success!
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.