Most people fear the phone. I understand that. But, I want to give you a secret tip you can apply to cold call your MLM Prospects and get less rejection. What is the tip? The tip is to never mention your business opportunity! As crazy as it sounds, it is a sure fire way to reduce rejection AND get better results in your network marketing business.
I know what you’re thinking, if you don’t mention your business, how will you make money? I’ll answer that in a minute. But from this day forward, I want you to follow this approach.
1. Only call other network marketers. Stop calling opportunity seeker leads and stop trying to prospect people that you know.
2. When you call people, ask them how things are going in their business. Let them talk. Be a good listener. Find out what parts of the business they are struggling with.
3. Offer the person a free newsletter that you publish every month, or offer them a way to get more leads for their business.
4. Another option is to recommend a generic affiliate product that you earn a commission from.
5. One you build a relationship with the person, or IF the person asks you which company you are affiliated with, then you can bring it up.
You see, most people are sick and tired of having another business opportunity rammed down their throats. If you’re like most people, you get 10-100 emails per day about the next greatest thing and you also get several phone calls trying to prospect you.
But very few people (if anyone) ever contact you to show you a SOLUTION to get better results in your network marketing business. I encourage you to be the person who shows others a solution to their challenges. Take the time to learn how to be a network marketing professional and attract others to you.
Never lead with your business opportunity. Instead, lead with a low cost, generic training product that you can give away or sell to your prospects. Once you have a relationship with the person, you can bring up your business opportunity.
The advantages of following this approach are two-fold. First of all, you get LESS rejection. Most people will listen to you if you are offering them a solution to their challenges. In addition, you now have multiple streams of income and can make money when people tell you NO. It really is the ideal situation to be in.
Of course, you’ll still have to pick up the phone and call people. You might be wondering who can I call. To answer that question, I would tell you to open up the Yellow Pages® and start calling other network marketers. You can literally have immediate access to tens of thousands of serious distributors from just about any company you can imagine. Since these folks are in your target market, this is a win-win proposition for both people. You get free leads and all of your leads are in your target market: other network marketers.
In summary, the easiest way to get less rejection with your cold calls to MLM Prospects is to offer a low cost generic training product, instead of your business opportunity. Instead of puking your business opportunity all over someone, you can offer them a solution to their leads and training challenges. And once you have a relationship with the person, later on down the road, you can mention your business opportunity and see if they are interested. Or, you can wait until they ask you about your company.
What are your thoughts about this strategy? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.