MLM Weekly Wisdom # 56: September 30, 2015
Dear Network Marketer:
I hope you are happy, healthy and well. Welcome to this week’s edition of Chuck’s MLM Weekly Wisdom. Enjoy the training.
# 1 Blog Posts You Might Enjoy
Here are some trending blog posts you might enjoy:
- How to Build Your MLM Business Online
- 34 Ways to Get More Leads
- How to Find the Right MLM Sponsor
- How to Find the Right MLM Company
# 2 Recent Podcasts
Here are a few of my recent podcasts that I thought you might enjoy:
- Specialized Knowledge in MLM
- Part-Time or Full-Time MLM: Which Is Better?
- Automobile University
- Investing in Your MLM Business
# 3 Ten Good Marketing Tips
Here are some random marketing tips that can help you with your MLM Business.
- Develop a written marketing plan – Keep it to 1-2 pages. Write down your goals, budget, strategy, target market, etc. Refer to it daily and update it once a month.
- Pick a specific target market – Determine a group of people you want to focus your marketing efforts on. Not everyone is a prospect.
- Have a good follow up system in place – Realize that most people you talk to will need to see your message 10-20 times before they ever buy or join.
- Pick a marketing strategy and commit to it for at least 12 months – Pick something that makes sense to you and follow through with it, no matter what.
- Pick ONE method, master it, and do nothing else – Don’t spread yourself too thin trying to do too many marketing things at one time. Pick one way of generating leads and one way of building the business and do nothing else until you are successful with it.
- Get an auto-responder and add every contact to it – Whether you are building your business online or offline, you need an auto-responder. This allows you to build a list and follow up automatically.
- Send two handwritten notes every single day – Add the personal touch in your business. At a bare bones minimum, send out two handwritten notes every single day.
- Create a referral program for your prospects and customers – Incentivize people to give you referrals. Calculate how much a new customer or distributor is worth to you and give out cash bonuses to people who give you referrals.
- Spend 30 minutes a day studying marketing – Learn everything you can about marketing, specifically direct response marketing. Once you know how to generate leads on demand the business becomes easy.
- Teach your team members about marketing– As you learn new things about marketing, share what you learn with other people on your team.
# 4 Tips for Talking to People
Here are ten simple tips for you to follow when you talk to people:
- Show a genuine interest in others – Don’t talk about yourself. Be interested in the other person and what they have to say.
- Take your eyes off yourself – Don’t think about how much money you could make from someone you are talking with. Focus on how you can help them solve their own problems.
- Look for people at your ambition level or higher – Sponsor up. Look for intelligent, sharp people to have conversations with.
- Be a good listener – Listen at least twice as much as you talk.
- Ask questions – When you are talking, get good at asking questions, so the other person can answer you. You’ll learn a lot more by listening than by talking.
- Identify a problem before you offer a solution – As you listen to people, listen for a problem they are having that your products, services, or opportunity can provide a solution for.
- Never go straight for the jugular – People hate to be sold, but they like to buy. Warm people up before you ever talk about business or products.
- Remember people’s names – To most people the sound of their name is their favorite word in the English language.
- Establish rapport – Ideally, you need to form a connection with someone before you talk about business or rapport.
- Initiate conversations with people – It’s your job to start conversations with people. Don’t sit and wait around for others to do it to you.
# 5 Featured Videos
Here are a few videos I found on YouTube that I thought you might enjoy.
- How to Earn $100k month within one year in MLM
- Building Your Network Marketing Business by Jim Rohn
- Building Your Network Marketing Business on Facebook
# 6 Book of the Week
This week’s book of the week is No B.S. Sales Success by Dan Kennedy. Everyone reading this post who has the desire to build a successful business should read this book, and every other book written by Dan Kennedy. He is my # 1 business mentor of all time and he has taught me almost everything I know about marketing. Order a copy on Amazon.
# 7 Quote of the Week
This week’s quote of the week is “The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person’s needs ahead of their own.” ~ Bob Burg
My Take: Take your eyes off yourself and focus your efforts on helping other people get what they want.
# 8 How to Help the 98%
The 2%-3% of the people in your team who are really leaders are going to build the business with or without your help. It’s what you do with the other 98% of the people on your team that will ultimately determine your long-term success in this industry. Here are a few simple things you can do to help more people get better results and improve retention.
- Find out what each person your team wants and show them how to get it.
- Create a team training manual
- Create a team training website
- Do weekly calls
- Have a simple system for your new people to follow
- Do a getting started training with each new person on your team
- Have contests that are designed for the part-timer
- Help each person earn enough to get their products for free each month
- Make sure each person on your team knows you appreciate them
- Don’t make the mistake of just rewarding people who build it big or build it fast; find ways to reward the part-timers
- Create an atmosphere or culture that people are proud to be part of
- Build friendships with everyone on your team
All of these things will make a big difference with the 98% of the people on your team who are customers, wholesale buyers, part-timers, some-timers, or no-timers. I hope that helps.
# 9 My Breakthrough in the MLM Industry
My breakthrough in the MLM industry happened when I took the time to learn marketing. I’ve been a student of marketing for more than five years now. Marketing has taught me to become the hunted, not the hunter. Marketing has taught me how to generate leads on demand. Marketing has made the business fun. I highly encourage you to be a student of direct response marketing and study guys like Dan Kennedy and Mike Dillard. Once you know how to generate endless leads, the business becomes fun and easy.
# 10 Ten Things All Top Earners Do
- They stick with one company for 10-20 years minimum – Top earners aren’t MLM Junkies, nor do they bounce from company to company. They pick one company and stick with it for the long haul.
- They sponsor 100-200 people – Most top earners have sponsored about 100-200 people and some have sponsored up to 500 people. Most top earners are also top recruiters.
- They set the example for others to follow – Top earners lead by example at all times. They inspire others by their actions.
- They build depth, and typically work at the bottom most point of their organization – Top earners realize that building depth is where the big money and long-term security comes from.
- They promote events – Top earners promote events. They are always building for the next event.
- They work their business minimum 2-4 hours every day – Top earners are commited to their business and they work their business every day, no matter what. They work hard and they work smart.
- They acted like they were successful before they ever became successful – Top earners had belief and vision, normally from day one in the business. That’s one of the primary reasons they made it to the top.
- They work with people who deserve their time – Top earners spend their time with people who deserve their help, not necessarily with people who need it.
- They are very disciplined with their time – Top earners are very, very disciplined with their time.
- They take massive action consistently – Top earners are committed to their business and they are always taking massive action in their business.
I hope you have enjoyed this week’s edition of Chuck’s MLM Weekly Wisdom. If you have any questions or need help with anything, don’t hesitate to call me or email me. I hope you have a great week.
Articles You Might Enjoy
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team