In today’s post, I’d like to discuss how to get cheap MLM Leads.
I believe one of the primary reasons so many people quit (notice I didn’t say fail) our industry is because they don’t have enough leads to talk to (or they think they don’t), or they don’t have the required skills to talk to their leads effectively.
If every network marketer had a steady supply of fresh, quality leads, there is no doubt in my mind they would have much BETTER results in their business.
Today, I’d like to solve your LEADS problem by teaching you different ways to get cheap MLM Leads. Keep in mind, it’s up to you to develop the skills and learn how to approach your leads. Talk with your successful upline mentor to learn how to do that.
What is a Cheap MLM Lead?
In my opinion, a cheap MLM Lead is a lead that costs you less than $1 per lead, and ideally no more than ten cents per lead. Keep in mind, there are only two types of leads in network marketing: those you generate by spending your time and those you get by spending money.
In most cases, I’ve found that spending money is better than spending time, because you only have so much time in a day! Time is money.
Why Do You Want Cheap MLM Leads?
I am a big believer that quantity leads will lead you to quality leads. I have purchased expensive MLM Leads before, and not ONCE have they converted better than cheap MLM leads.
You want cheap leads, so you have a lot of people to talk to about your products and business opportunity. This business is a numbers game. You must go through a LARGE number of people to find the right people.
Plus, you want enough leads, so you have extras to share with your team members. Chances are, most of your team members are struggling with leads, too. If you can help them solve their lead problem, your business will grow. And, retention will improve.
Another reason you want cheap leads is so you can stay within your marketing budget, and not go broke buying leads. I believe it’s smarter to buy 1,000 aged leads for $20 than it is to buy 50 fresh leads for $100.
If your contacting and phone skills are good, you can convert a decent number of prospects, whether they are fresh or aged leads. And, if your phone skills or contacting skills suck, it doesn’t matter whether you have fresh or aged leads; your results will not be good.
Ways to Get Cheap MLM Leads
There are a bunch of ways to get cheap MLM Leads. In the paragraphs below, I am going to share some of my best tips on how to use my favorite low-cost or free lead generation strategies.
This is one of the largest social media websites in the world, and it’s designed for people looking to grow their network or advance their career. Here are a few things you can do on LinkedIn to generate cheap MLM leads.
- Send private messages to other members.
- Join groups.
- Post links, reviews, or videos about your company and products on your timeline.
- Publish articles.
- Create an updated, professional profile.
- Endorse and connect with other like-minded people.
Love them or hate them, Facebook is a powerhouse. It has BILLIONS of users. Your ideal prospects are on Facebook, so I highly recommend you leverage the platform to generate your own leads. Here are some things you can do on Facebook.
- Create Facebook lives about your product or business.
- Have contests.
- Join groups.
- Post curiosity posts.
- Connect with people in your target market.
- Private message potential prospects.
- Create a professional, updated profile.
A safelist is a membership based website where members can send emails to each other. I personally use Herculist and ViralURL. I’ve used safelists for more than 10 years now. They are a great way to get cheap MLM Leads. Here are a few things you can do with safelists.
- Email other members daily.
- Join 2-3 popular safelists and focus on those.
- Consider paid advertising with the safelists to reach even more people.
Everyone should update their email signature to promote their network marketing business. Most people send (or reply to) 20 to 100 emails per day. Personally, I do way more than that. Every time you send an email your email signature automatically gets attached to it.
- Create a catchy email signature that gets attached to every email you send out or reply to.
- Keep it generic and leverage the curiosity approach; do not say the name of your company.
- Put your message in the P.S. line.
Using a car magnet is a great way to get cheap MLM Leads. It’s a one-time cost and it works for you every time you drive your vehicle. Here are a few tips for using a car magnet successfully.
- Spend $40 to $100 to have one made.
- Keep it generic and focus on curiosity.
- Provide a phone number and website.
- Limit the graphics and use large font so it is easy to read.
- Generate leads as you live life, run errands, and drive around town
Clothing or Wear a Button
Wear a button when you are out and about living life. You could have a simple button made at your local office supply store. Keep it simple and have it say something like “Work from Home: Ask Me How”. You can also wear company clothing or motivational clothing when you are out and about.
- Have a button made and wear it wherever you go (just not at your job).
- When you see people looking at your button, talk to them or hand them a drop card or business card.
- Have a shirt made with a catchy slogan or picture (but keep it generic).
A referral from a happy customer is your best lead source. Do whatever you can to get referrals in your business. Here are a few tips to make that happen.
- Ask everyone you meet for referrals.
- Be specific and tell them the type of person you are looking for. For example, “Could you give me the name of two people you know who currently work from home?”.
- Get referrals from team members, customers, people who don’t join, etc.
- Consider rewarding people for referrals, with some type of paid referral program.
Three Foot Rule
If you aren’t scared to talk to people, leveraging the three-foot rule is a great way to get cheap MLM leads. Start conversations using F.O.R.M. and use a curiosity based approach. Here are a few additional tips.
- Put a smile on your face.
- Dress nice and be well groomed.
- Be friendly and say hello to everyone you meet.
- Wear a button.
- Hand them a drop card or collect their business card, be in a hurry, and leave.
- Don’t talk too much.
YouTube is here to stay. It’s one of the best lead generation strategies I can think of to get cheap MLM leads. If you’re willing to put in the time and make a bunch of quality videos, the sky is the limit with YouTube. Here are a few additional tips.
- Create short videos that educate and/or entertain.
- Focus your video around one key topic.
- Create videos for people in your target market.
- Be yourself and be different.
- Include a call to action at the end of each video telling your viewer what you want them to do next.
- Publish 50-100 videos as quickly as possible and then post 2-3 weekly.
I love drop cards. A drop card is the size of a business card, but it has a marketing message on it instead of your name and personal information. Drop cards are inexpensive and they work.
- They cost you 5 cents each, or less.
- Leave them everywhere you go and hand one to everyone you come in contact with.
- Enclose your drop card in every piece of outgoing mail.
- Keep extras in your car and in your wallet, so you never run out.
- Just give someone a drop card, be in a hurry, and don’t say much.
My # 1 Way to Get Cheap MLM Leads
My # 1 way to get cheap MLM Leads is to buy them. For example, I recently purchased 250,000 aged USA leads for $200 from a popular lead company (Apache Leads). I divided them among many of my team members and gave each team member 500+ free leads. This keeps everyone busy and helps keep their prospect pipeline full.
There are several lead companies online you can shop from. They all sell aged leads. Many of these leads are 15 to 90 days old, which is perfect. Why? Many of the leads are still looking for an opportunity. Chances are, many of them were never contacted by anyone before you. You just need to smile and dial or send them a text or email.
If you don’t have $200, get twenty team members to each contribute $10 and then divide the leads equally. Or, purchase a smaller amount of aged leads that aligns with your budget.
In conclusion, these are my thoughts on cheap MLM leads. The bottom line is you need a steady, fresh supply of leads to share your products and business opportunity with. There is not a right or wrong approach. You must figure out something that works for you and focus on that.
How about you? What is your favorite way to get cheap MLM leads? Leave a comment below to share your best tips and tricks. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.