In today’s post, I’d like to discuss how to get cheap MLM Leads.
I personally believe one of the primary reasons so many people quit (notice I didn’t say fail) our industry is because they don’t have enough leads to talk to, or they don’t have the required skills to talk to their leads effectively.
If every network marketer had a steady supply of leads, there is no doubt in my mind they would have much BETTER results in their business than they are currently getting.
Today, I’d like to solve your LEADS problem by teaching you different ways to get cheap MLM Leads. Keep in mind, it’s up to you to develop the skills and learn how to approach your leads. Talk with your successful upline to learn how to do that.
What is a Cheap MLM Lead?
In my opinion, a cheap MLM Lead is a lead that costs you less than 50 cents per lead, and ideally no more than a few cents per lead. Keep in mind, there are only two types of leads in network marketing: those you generate by spending your time and those you get by spending money.
In most cases, I’ve found that spending money is better than spending time, because you only have so much time in a day! Time is money.
I’d rather see you buy 100 leads for $10 and spend your time contacting them, than have you spend hundreds of hours to generate 100 leads on your own. Make sense?
Why Do You Want Cheap MLM Leads?
I am a big believer that quantity leads will lead you to quality leads. I have purchased expensive MLM Leads before, and not ONCE have they converted better than cheap leads.
You want cheap leads, so you have a lot of people to talk to about your products and business opportunity. This business is a numbers game. You must go through a LARGE amount of people to find the right people.
Plus, you want enough leads, so you have extras to share with your team members. Chances are, most of your team members are struggling with leads too. If you can help them solve their lead problem, your business will grow. And, retention will improve.
Another reason you want cheap leads is so you can stay within your marketing budget, and not go broke buying leads. I personally believe it’s smarter to buy 1,000 aged leads for $20 than it is to buy 50 fresh leads for $100.
If your contacting and phone skills are good, you can convert a decent number of prospects, whether they are fresh or aged leads. And, if your phone skills or contacting skills suck, it doesn’t matter whether you have fresh or aged leads; your results will not be good.
Ways to Get Cheap MLM Leads
There are a bunch of ways to get cheap MLM Leads. In the paragraphs below, I am going to share some of my best tips on how to use my favorite low-cost or free lead generation strategies.
- Send private messages to other members
- Join groups
- Post links, reviews, or videos about your company and products on your timeline
- Publish articles
- Create an updated, professional profile
- Endorse and connect with other like-minded people
- Create Facebook lives about your product or business
- Have contests
- Join groups
- Post curiosity posts
- Connect with people in your target market
- Private message potential prospects
- Create a professional, updated profile
- Email other members daily
- Join 2-3 popular safelists and focus on those
- Consider paid advertising with the safelists to reach even more people
- Create a catchy email signature that gets attached to every email you send out or reply to
- Keep it generic and leverage the curiosity approach; do not say the name of your company
- Put your message in the S. line
- Spend $40 to $100 to have one made
- Keep it generic and focus on curiosity
- Generate leads as you live life, run errands, and drive around town
Clothing or Wear a Button
- Have a button made and wear it wherever you go
- When you see people looking at it, talk to them or hand them a drop card
- Have a shirt made with a catchy slogan or picture (but keep it generic)
- Ask everyone you meet for referrals
- Be specific and tell them the type of person you are looking for
- Get referrals from team members, customers, people who don’t join, etc.
- Consider rewarding people for referrals, with some type of referral program
Three Foot Rule
- Put a smile on your face
- Be friendly and say hello to everyone you meet
- Hand them a drop card or collect their business card, be in a hurry, and leave
- Create short videos that educate and/or entertain
- Create videos for people in your target market
- Be yourself and be different
- Include a call to action at the end of each video telling your viewer what you want them to do next
- Publish 50-100 videos as quickly as possible
- They cost you 5 cents each, or less
- Leave them everywhere you go and hand one to everyone you come in contact with
- Enclose your drop card in every piece of outgoing mail
- Keep extras in your car and in your wallet, so you never run out
My # 1 Way to Get Cheap MLM Leads
My # 1 way to get cheap MLM Leads is to buy them. For example, I recently purchased 250,000 aged USA leads for $200 from a popular lead company. I divided them among many of my team members and give each team member free leads. This keeps everyone busy and helps keep their pipeline full.
There are several lead companies online you can shop from. They all sell aged leads. Many of these leads are 15 to 90 days old, which is perfect. Why? Many of them are still looking for an opportunity. Chances are, many of them were never contacted by anyone before you. You just need to smile and dial or send them a text or email.
If you don’t have $200, get twenty team members to each contribute $10 and then divide the leads equally. Or, purchase a smaller amount of aged leads that aligns with your budget.
In conclusion, these are my thoughts on cheap MLM leads. The bottom line is you need a steady, fresh supply of leads to share your products and business opportunity with. There is not a right or wrong approach. You must figure out something that works for you and focus on that.
How about you? What is your favorite way to get cheap MLM leads? Leave a comment below to share your best tips. I look forward to hearing from you.
20+ Year Network Marketing Professional
Top Earner & Top Recruiter
P.S. Learn how to grow a successful network marketing business. Secret tips, training, and practical ideas. Free training delivered by email.
10 thoughts on “Cheap MLM Leads: How to Get Them”
Great tips and I love the auto-email tip. I am going to really apply this because it is all easy work that doesn’t take that long to get going. I don’t want to waste time here! Thanks for this. I will bookmark this page and come back.
I enjoyed this article because I am a type A personality! I want to be in control – control of generating my own leads, handling things on my own, etc. With a capture page, auto responder, and a lot of hard work (training and motivation), I think it is possible to cut down on your lead cost. For anyone who wants to be in charge of gathering their own leads, this was a great post. Thanks for sharing!
I’m glad I could help you.
I can relate to you. I too am someone who like to control or at least have a say in all aspects of my business. So when it comes to generating leads, having the power to do that myself is quite appealing to me. And the fact that I don’t have to go broke in order to do so is even more attractive as somewhat of a newbie in the MLM world. It is great that there are tools out there for people like us that allow us to oversee what is happening but without doing exorbitant amounts of work.
Generating your own leads is appealing..and also the fact that you can do it at low cost. I have been with another company where I had the option to buy leads, I did it every month and I can say it didn’t work out well. I would have rather used that money on another source. I believe generating the leads is the way to go.
My experience with buying leads is that, even when the claim is they are qualified to be seeking your product or service, they weren’t, or the lead was really, really old. It seems to me that by generating them yourself through an autoresponder, you have already completed a pre-qualifying activity that makes the information already more valuable to you.
I always tell people don’t waste money on leads. Learn how to generate your own leads instead. You will be much better off.
I appreciate this step by step guide to purchasing and using MLM leads. I don’t think that I had a very strong understanding of the matter and thus I was not really looking into it. It is good that you have advised people that the cheapest isn’t generally worth the investment because it is lacking in quality. Yet also the idea that the most expensive is the best is also a good point to get across. Many people get fooled into paying more because they are under the perception that more money equates to the best. Thanks Charles.
I am most happy you excluded buying genealogy lists from your ways to get good, cheap MLM leads. Like you said, you get no guarantees when buying leads and so generating your own is a much cheaper and safer way to do things. With that in mind, why people still bother to buy those lists at all is beyond me.
People buy genealogy leads because they don’t know any better. In most cases, their sponsor or upline recommended it. I’v even bought some myself in the past, but never had much luck with them.