Today, I’m going to talk about treating your MLM Business like an affiliate marketing business. I was sitting on the couch last night watching a Jet Li movie when the idea for this post came to my mind. I know that this information will be beneficial to people who apply it in their business.
One of the biggest complaints in MLM is that people don’t want to bug their friends and family. They don’t want to pressure their family and friends and they don’t want to strain their personal relationships. I can totally understand that way of thinking because I feel the same way.
Many folks ruin their personal relationships with their close friends and family once they get involved in MLM. This happens because a lot of folks approach people the wrong way, and they pressure and annoy people until they join, or stop returning their phone calls. As a result, they end up as part of the No Friends Left club.
I don’t want that to happen to YOU!
I have nothing against old school MLM. I built my network marketing business that way for many years and I can assure you that it does work. Many folks have built dynasties making their name list, working their warm market and by using the three foot rule.
I just know that “the old school” model of MLM is NOT for me. I don’t like to sell face-to-face and I don’t want to pitch my friends and family about my business or products. Maybe some of you can relate, maybe not.
That’s why I treat my network marketing business like an affiliate marketing business. Affiliate marketing is the nothing more than getting paid to sell someone else’s product or service for a commission (just like MLM). You can do this offline through direct mail or online. Most people do affiliate marketing online by recommending different products or services on their blog, YouTube videos, pay per click, or through email marketing.
I decided a long time ago that I didn’t want to bug, pressure, chase, sell or annoy anyone about a MLM Business or products. Instead, I wanted people to buy from me because they wanted to buy the product or business opportunity, not because I convinced them to. I wanted people to approach me and ask me to join, or just sign up in my business or buy my product without even talking to me.
As a result, I decided to pursue affiliate marketing as my primary business model. I learned the affiliate marketing process by building my own websites, learning search engine optimization, learning how to blog, how to use email marketing and becoming an internet marketer.
I then applied those affiliate marketing concepts in my network marketing business. And it has worked VERY well for me. Once again, it’s not for everyone, but it is a good fit for some people.
How I do recommend you build your network marketing business like an affiliate marketing business?
The first thing you have to do is build your own AUDIENCE of people who know you, like you and trust you and listen to your recommendations. You have to pick a NICHE market and then you want to build a large audience of people in that niche market. You have to become an expert and trusted leader in that niche.
This niche market could be people interested in business opportunities, people interested in your product line, other network marketers, people who want to lose weight, or anyone else. Ideally, you want a niche that you are knowledgeable about and passionate about and understand their challenges.
Your job with your audience is to educate them, help them solve their problems and provide value. You do that by sharing information that will hep them. Simply put, you position yourself as an expert in their eyes and you are their information provider on that specific topic.
As you build up your like, know and trust factor with your audience, you can recommend a variety of different products, services and opportunities that will INTEREST them. And many folks in your audience will buy what you recommend.
Think about what I do with this blog for a minute.
- I picked a niche of network marketers.
- I provide them value by writing content every day.
- I help educate them and solve their problems.
- I don’t pressure, hype or hard sell anyone.
- People know me, like me and trust me because I help them.
- I recommend a variety of different products and services to help the people in my niche
- Some of these folks buy from me. Some hire me for coaching or a service. Others buy an affiliate product I recommend. One of those products is my MLM Company.
- I make money whether they join my opportunity or not, because I have multiple streams of income (about 40).
- In either case, I help people solve their problems and I make money. I don’t get rejected face-to-face. I don’t strain any relationships. I don’t pressure people. Best of all, I have fun.
- People come to me and buy what they want to buy because they WANT to buy, not because I try to sell them.
This is how I build my affiliate marketing business and network marketing business. It’s fun. It gives me fulfillment. No relationships are ruined or strained. It makes me money. Talk about a win-win.
Best of all, it’s a real business. I own an asset (my blog and audience). It provides multiple streams of income and builds my MLM Team on complete auto-pilot at the same time.
If you’ve tried MLM the old school way, but don’t feel comfortable doing that, consider trying this approach. Build your network marketing business like you would an affiliate marketing business. You might get much better results.
To get started:
1. Pick a niche you want to focus on, ideally a niche you understand
2. Build your audience (with a blog, YouTube Channel, podcast, or email list)
3. Provide value by teaching, so your audience knows you, likes you and trusts you (build a relationship with them)
4. Recommend a variety of different products and services that might interest them (including your MLM Products and business opportunity)
5. Generate multiple streams of income
That’s the five steps you need to follow to build your network marketing business like an affiliate marketing business. I learned all of this information in the book “Magnetic Sponsoring.” This book changed my life and taught me this complete process. I now use this process in ALL of my online businesses, not just my MLM Blog. I even use it on my military website. It works for me and makes me money. It can do the same for you. Learn more about Magnetic Sponsoring.
What do you think about this concept? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts about building your MLM Business like an affiliate marketing business. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.