He is a successful MLM Blogger as well.
He interviewed me and asked me to share some of my best blogging tips with his audience.
**** If you haven’t checked out his blog yet, you should. He is definitely an up and comer in the MLM Blogging world.
In that interview, I shared the growth of this blog over the first three to four years.
I thought I would take some of that data and share it with you today, and give you even more information and insights.
I do NONE of this to brag. There are many blogs out there even bigger and more successful than this one.
I don’t claim to be the biggest or the best. However, I easily have one of the top five most popular blogs in the world in my NICHE.
And I’m proud of that.
How did I become successful? People ask me that question at least 10 times a day.
I can tell you right now it wasn’t luck! It didn’t happen by chance. The “blog fairy” didn’t sprinkle magic dust one me while I was sleeping.
Instead, I had a plan, worked hard, remained consistent and stayed the course for several YEARS.
I did what most people aren’t willing to do!
If you get nothing else out of this article, that is my best advice if you want to build a successful blog in any niche.
You must have a plan, work hard, remain consistent and stay the course for several years (or more) if you want to build a successful and profitable blog.
This is a LONG TERM project, not a way to make money today.
Building a successful blog really is a minimum three to five year project, assuming your are blogging four to six times a week.
If you’re blogging less than that, it will take you even longer than that.
Don’t worry about that though. The time will go by anyway. And if you stick with it you will be glad that you did.
Once you have a successful blog, it’s very easy to maintain. However, building a successful, high traffic, money making blog will take tons of hard work, and probably much longer than you expect.
No one every tells you that upfront, but it’s the truth.
That’s why you see so many abandoned blogs online. People start out excited for a few months and then they realize there is actually work involved, and they won’t get rich overnight, so they throw in the towel and give in.
According to some internet stats, nearly 90% of all blogs haven’t been updated in at least three months. These blogs have been abandoned! The blogger QUIT!
Keep in mind folks, there is no such thing as fast, free or easy. You only see crap promising things like that in cheap internet ads.
Building a successful business, or blog, is not fast, free or easy.
BUT IT IS WORTH IT!
There is nothing like working from home in your pajamas. No boss. No commute. No office politics.
Just you, your favorite pajamas, your laptop, and all of those exciting ideas in your head.
Best of all, you get to help people, express yourself and write about something you love.
It’s like a dream come true.
I should also tell you that when I started blogging, I didn’t really like to write. However, by writing every day, I eventually fell in love with writing.
Now, I can’t wait to wake up and write about what is on my mind.
I don’t think so.
My blog didn’t get off to a fast start either. If I would have based my future success on what I accomplished in the first couple years, I would have quit blogging a long time ago.
However, I had a vision and stuck with it. I knew I could make it work.
Food for thought.
All businesses, even blogs take a few years to succeed. Sometimes it can even take five years or longer to get a business really profitable and efficient.
Five years is nothing. Well, to most people it is a LOT of time, because they expect instant gratification.
However, the real world doesn’t work that way; especially entrepreneurship.
Anything worth accomplishing takes time, effort, hard work, money and persistence.
And you know what’s funny? The harder I work the luckier I get.
So, let’s get into the stats and share what happened each year of my blog.
YEAR 1 RESULTS (2013)
I launched this blog on April 8, 2013. Here are my stats for the first year.
- We had 66,982 total visitors in 2013
- We had 54,118 unique visitors in 2013
- We had 147,165 page views in 2013
- We averaged 250.9 visitors per day in 2013
- We averaged 202.7 unique visitors per day in 2013
- We averaged 551.2 page views per day in 2013
*** These stats are based off the 267 days we were in business in 2013, since we started on April 8th. All stats come from Google Analytics.
- We received 2,836 blog comments in 2013
- We published 414 pieces of content (34 pages and 380 new blog posts) in 2013
YEAR 2 RESULTS (2014)
We saw some great success in 2014. Here are a few of our big achievements:
- We had 191,342 total visitors in 2014 compared to 66,982 in 2013 (286% growth)
- We had 150,165 unique visitors in 2014 compared to 54,118 in 2013 (277% growth)
- We had 278,807 page views in 2014 compared to 147,165 in 2013 (89% growth)
- We averaged 524.2 visitors per day in 2014 compared to 250.9 visitors per day in 2013 (209% growth)
- We averaged 411.4 unique visitors per day in 2014 compared to 202.7 in 2013 (203% growth)
- We averaged 763.9 page views per day in 2014 compared to 551.2 in 2013 (39% growth)
- We started our own podcast and published 30 podcasts
- We received 3,006 blog comments in 2014 compared to 2,836 in 2013
- I generated 4,111 leads, which consists of 2,974 leads for my MLM Boot Camp, 317 weight loss leads, 624 leads for my business opportunity and and 196 leads for my mailing list
- We started a private MLM Mastermind Group of Facebook and added 296 new members
- We added approximately 34 videos to our YouTube Channel
- We created 6 pages and 365 blog posts for a total of 371 new pages of content
- I joined a new business opportunity in May 2014 and personally sponsored 33 people between May and December
YEAR 3 RESULTS (2015)
- We had 322,211 total visitors in 2015 compared to 191,342 in 2014 (59% growth)
- We had 250,339 unique visitors in 2015 compared to 150,165 in 2014 (60% growth)
- We had 458,373 page views in 2015 compared to 278,807 in 2014 (61% growth)
- We averaged 882.8 visitors per day in 2015 compared to 524.2 visitors per day in 2014 (59% growth)
- We averaged 685.9 unique visitors per day in 2015 compared to 411.4 in 2014 (60% growth)
- We averaged 1,255.8 page views per day in 2015 compared to 763.9 in 2014 (61% growth)
- We published 285 podcasts and had 26,393 total views/downloads
- We received 3,076 blog comments in 2015 compared to 3,006 in 2014
- We grew our private MLM Mastermind Group of Facebook from 296 new members in 2014 to 677 members in 2015
- We generated 4,815 leads, which consists of 3,871 leads for my MLM Boot Camp (previous year: 2,974) and 944 leads for my MLM Company (previous year: 624)
- We generated 894 leads for Elite Marketing Pro
- We published 365 pages of new content in 2015 (10 pages and 355 posts) compared to 371 pages of content in 2014
Year 4 RESULTS (2016)
As of today, it’s July 15, 2016. Here are my projected and actual stats through June 30,2016.
Projected 2016 Stats: 446,998 visitors, 358,976 unique visitors and 611,924 page views.
Actual 2016 Stats: Here are my stats for the first six months of 2016: 223,499 visitors, 179,488 unique visitors and 305,962 page views
As you can see, good things take time. I really have a 10 year vision with my blog. It currently provides a full-time, livable income for my family. I own another highly successful blog as well, but this one is my real passion.
What do you think about these stats? Are you a blogger? What has your experience been like with your own blog? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
Articles You Might Enjoy
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team