Today, I want to share some helpful tips on what I think are the best questions you can ask your MLM Prospects.
I learned a long time ago that the best recruiters are the best listeners, not the best talkers. By asking questions, you can learn a lot about your prospects AND you can save an incredible amount of time.
Asking questions and listening will help you close more prospects and get much better results in your business.
To Pre-Qualify Your Prospect
Here are a few questions I use to pre-qualify people, before I share a business presentation with them. Remember, you should NEVER show a presentation to someone you have not pre-qualified first. The questions are listed in no particular order.
- Have you ever thought about starting your own business?
- Are you happy with what you are currently doing?
- Would you be interested in learning how you could work from home?
- Would you like to be your own boss?
- Could you find a way to set aside 5-10 hours a week to start a part-time business?
- Do you have $100-$500 to set aside so you could start your own business?
- Would you be interested in learning more about how you could supplement your current income without affecting what you are already doing?
- If I could show you a way to replace your full-time income by working part-time with your own home based business for two to five years, would that interest you?
- Would you like to learn how you could earn an extra $200 to $500 per month?
- Are you keeping your options open?
I don’t think you need to ask your prospects ALL of these questions to pre-qualify them, but pick one or two that you can use effectively.
I learned a long time ago that it’s better to pre-qualify your prospects ahead of time, rather than just showing the plan to everyone and anyone. By doing so, you might quickly discover that your prospect isn’t a prospect after all.
To clarify, I am not telling you to pre-judge people. Talk to everyone, BUT ask each person some of these questions before you decide to share a presentation with them.
After the Presentation
Once you are finished doing the presentation with your prospect, you must ask for the sale. Even if someone is interested in joining, they probably won’t join unless you ask them too.
You also need a few questions to “feel out” your prospect and see where they stand. Here are a few of my favorite questions to ask my MLM Prospect right after I finish a business presentation.
- What part of the presentation interests you the most?
- On a scale of 1-10 how excited are you about the business opportunity?
- Does the business make sense to you?
- Do you think this company would be a good fit for you?
- What interests you more, the products or the business opportunity?
- Do you think you could set aside a few hours per week to do this business?
- Could you see yourself being successful in this business?
- How about we call the company right now and get your account created?
- Would you feel comfortable sharing the business or products with some of the people that you know?
- What questions do you need me to answer for you before we get you started today?
During the Follow Up
We all know the money is in the follow-up. Most people will need to be followed-up with at least 3-10 times before they join. In most cases, the people I sponsor take 30 to 90 days and 10-20 follow ups from the time they first learn about what I do, until they buy or join.
Here are a few questions I like to ask my prospects during the follow up process.
- What’s the one thing holding you back?
- If I could show you a way to come up with the money to get started, would that interest you?
- If I could show you how to get your products for free, would that excite you?
- Do you know anyone else who might be interested in the products or business?
- What information do you need from me to make a decision?
- How about we take five minutes and get you signed up right now?
During the follow up, it’s not your job to convince your prospect to join, but it is your job to collect a decision. A NO is better than a maybe or “I have to think about it.” The sooner you can get a decision the better.
Stay in touch. Follow up consistently. But don’t sit around and wait for anyone. Keep your pipeline full and keep talking to new prospects.
There you have it folks. These are some of my best questions you can ask your MLM Prospects during the pre-qualifying, presenting, and follow-up process. I hope you found the information in this blog post helpful and can apply it in your own network marketing business.
What about you? What questions do you like to ask your prospects? What works best for you? Leave a comment below and let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.