Today, I want to talk about a simple concept that a lot of people in our industry just don’t seem to understand.
That concept is to be your own best customer.
As I see it, you should never, ever use a competitor’s product.
If your MLM Company has a product or service that you could use, USE IT. Don’t buy something else because it’s cheaper or because you like it more.
Support your own business. It’s just common sense.
Think about it this way for a minute.
- Would someone who owned a Chevy dealership drive a Ford?
- If you owned a mom and pop grocery store would you do your grocery shopping at Wal-mart?
- If you owned a dry cleaning business, would you take your clothes to a competitor?
- If you owned a swimming pool business, would you hire another company to install your own swimming pool?
- If you owned a restaurant, would you go out to eat at a competing restaurant?
In all of these examples listed above, I hope your answer is HECK NO!
Supporting your competition in these examples doesn’t make any sense! By supporting your competition, you are actually hurting your own business.
You see, as a business owner, you need to be your own best customer. You need to use your own products and services.
The last thing you want to do is support your competition.
Using your own products and services shows that you are a good steward of your own money.
It shows your business acumen. It shows that you believe in what you are selling. And it’s good for your business.
After all, if you aren’t willing to use your own products and services, why should anyone else you talk to use them?
I would be very weary of the business owner who didn’t use his own products or services.
I would be weary of someone trying to sell me something that they didn’t use themselves.
Here’s what I recommend you do.
Look through your company’s catalog or website. Make a list of every item in the catalog that you are using a similar product.
When you’ve used up your product at home replace it with something similar from your own MLM Company, even if it costs more.
Within a few months, replace EVERYTHING in your house that you can with your own products.
The benefits of doing this are huge. First off, you’re using your company’s products so you can learn about the features and benefits and develop your own product story.
This will give you a big advantage when you are trying to retail the products to customers.
Another benefit is the exposure.
When people visit your home they will see your products and some of these folks could become customers or distributors.
Furthermore, your volume will go up, especially if you teach everyone on your team to be their own best customer too.
Simply put, being your own best customer just makes sense.
When you own a business of any kind, the last thing you want to do is shop at a competitor. Buying your own products is an investment in your own business.
I can’t guarantee that being your own best customer will make you successful, but I can guarantee you that if you AREN’T your own best customer, you won’t be successful with your network marketing business.
What do you think about this concept? Does being your own best customer make sense to you? Why or why not? Leave a comment below to share your thoughts. I look forward to hearing from you. Have a great day.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Use This System to Recruit 10-20 New Reps Most Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.