What is attraction marketing? And how does it work?
According to Wikipedia, it is the “use of marketing techniques specifically designed to teach the customer what you are doing and how a service or product will benefit them before they purchase it. It is also known as reverse marketing.”
Attraction marketing isn’t a new concept either. It’s been around for a long time. However, most marketers don’t truly understand it, or use it wisely. Most businesses focus on pitching and selling, not attracting clients.
In the network marketing industry, several industry leaders such as Mike Dillard and Jonathan Budd have designed courses and eBooks to teach network marketers about attraction marketing. There’s even a great course called “Attraction Marketing Formula” by Ferny Ceballos that you might enjoy.
Everything I ever learned about attraction marketing, I originally learned from Mike Dillard’s course, Magnetic Sponsoring. I have since fine tuned my skills by studying Dan Kennedy.
Mike’s teachings go something like this: Instead of pitching your business opportunity to everyone you meet, you should first establish yourself as a leader, so others are attracted to you and want to work with you. In essence, you are teacher who provides value and helps others.
You have to remember that people join people, not businesses. If people don’t see YOU as a solution to their troubles they will not work with you, regardless of how “good” your opportunity is.
BENEFITS OF ATTRACTION MARKETING
Here’s how attraction marketing works when it comes to MLM:
• You establish yourself as an expert in the industry by focusing on what you are good at (everyone is good at something)
• You act as a teacher or coach, providing real value to others by making videos, writing information products, creating blog posts, creating podcasts, etc.
• Because you are a leader and you aren’t ramming your business opportunity down your prospect’s throat, you “attract” others into your business
• People like what you have to offer and ask you to join your team
• You become the hunted, instead of the hunter
As you can see, there are many benefits of using attraction marketing in your network marketing business.
HOW TO GET STARTED
So, how do you get started using this form of marketing? Listed below are a few things you can do to successfully use attraction marketing. Please keep in mind these steps can be used for any business, whether you are a Realtor®, auctioneer, network marketer, or anything else.
1. Establish a Blog, Website, Podcast, Newsletter or YouTube Channel: This is the first and most critical task. Your goal is to establish a hub of operations where you can have all of your content and offerings in one place. I suggest you get a blog, but that is just my personal choice.
2. Provide Quality Information: Once you have a platform, you need to create lots of content, so your people will find you organically. You can write articles, create videos, or audio clips. Remember, you are the teacher. You need to provide value, so others want to do business with you. Be creative and keep your creative voice. Just focus on producing top quality information, not trying to sell your business or product.
3. Offer a Free eBook or Special Report: You could create a short, but quality eBook or Special Report about your area of expertise. For instance, if you are a Realtor® you could write a 20-30 page report about “Twenty Secret Questions to Ask Your Realtor® Before You Hire Them.” Once you have this eBook or special report finished, you could sell it on your blog. Or even better, you could give it away for FREE, in exchange for someone’s name and email.
4. Build a List of Email leads: As you follow the steps listed above, you need to build a list of email leads. You can do this by having an opt-in form on your blog. Or, you can have a capture page. Your list will be the most important asset in your business. It’s true, the money is in the list. Your list will include people who opt-in to receive your free report, or free information that you are giving away (just like I do with my boot camp).
5. Build a Relationship with your Leads: As you collect names, emails and contact information, your key to success is to follow-up with people. You can do that by using an auto-responder to automatically send out pre-written emails. Or, you could give your prospects a follow-up phone call. I recommend you use your auto-responder to send out lots of helpful facts, tips, and training. Don’t send out sales offers every email. Keep it to like a 10:1 ratio and you will be okay. In other words, send out 10 training or helpful emails for every sales email that you send out.
6. Create Multiple Streams of Income: Once you’ve built a large following and you have a good relationship with them, it’s time to make money. You can do this by offering your business opportunity, your services, or affiliate products. What’s great about having a list of people who know you, like you and trust you, is that you can recommend a VARIETY of different things to them and make money on complete auto-pilot. As a network marketer, you can recommend different lead programs, training programs, systems, and your business opportunity. Not every person will be interested in everything you recommend. That’s why you need to promote several different things.
Once again, please know that attraction marketing can work in any business. Your key to success with attraction marketing is to establish yourself as an expert in your field. Once you do that, you need to build a large following of email subscribers and build a positive relationship with them. After you’ve built a good relationship with your list, you can monetize your list by offering different products or services. I hope this helps you.
On a side note, if you use attraction marketing to grow your network marketing business, I would love to hear from you. Please share your experiences and success tips with the rest of our online community. Tell people what worked well and what didn’t work. Just leave a comment below to let me know what you think. Thank you.
My Suggested Tools & Resources
- Join the Right MLM Company at the Right Time. Work with a Top Producer!
- Want to Make Money Online? Learn How to Build Your Own Successful Website or Blog.
- Need a Marketing System? I Used This System to Recruit 200+ New Reps in 18-Months.
- Start a Mail Order Business! Mail Postcards & Make Money. Request a FREE Info Kit.