I feel obligated to write this post and share it with as many network marketers as possible. I truly believe that many untrained, amateur, and even some unethical network marketers are ruining the reputation of our industry by what they do and say on Facebook. And it’s downright annoying!
As a network marketer, I believe you have an OBLIGATION to be a professional at all times. I believe you have an obligation to do what is right. I believe you have an obligation to set a good example for others to follow and to be an ambassador to our great industry.
The sooner you can get the “dollar signs” out of your eyes and the “lottery mentality” out of your mind, and get this business into your heart, the better off you will be. The sooner you can get trained and learn basic marketing principles and tactics the better off you will be.
The people who do well in our industry who use Facebook to grow their MLM Business are people who understand attraction marketing and the importance of providing value.
With all of the things I see on Facebook on a daily basis, I sometimes wonder if people in our industry are ignorant, untrained, or even “snake oil” salesmen! I wonder if some people even give a shit about doing the right thing (excuse my French). I’m sure many people outside of our industry feel the exact same way.
Before I dive too deep into this article please note that you CAN build your network marketing business using Facebook, and do it efficiently, if you do it the RIGHT WAY. Please realize that there is a right way and a wrong way to use Facebook for your network marketing business. And about 98% of the network marketers on Facebook are doing it wrong. I hope to fix that!
Here are a few things that network marketers do on Facebook that is annoying and should stop immediately.
- Posting your company replicated link on your timeline
- Tagging people about your business opportunity
- Posting pictures of checks online
- Complaining about what isn’t working in your business on your personal page
- Bragging about what is working on your personal page
- Annoying all of your friends and family with constant pitches
- Using your personal page to promote your business
- Private messaging hundreds of random strangers about your business
- Spamming your opportunity in other people’s groups
- Only talking about your business opportunity and products on your timeline
- Putting your company information on your photo cover or profile photo
Here are a few things you should know upfront:
- No one really gives a crap about your business; people only care about themselves
- Annoying other people is not a good recruiting strategy
- Trying to sell and pressure people on Facebook is a quick way to ruin your reputation and lose your friends
- People do not go to Facebook to buy stuff
- Most of your friends and family are NOT part of your target market
- People don’t join companies, they join people
- If you want to succeed in our industry you need to be someone worth joining!
- Your team will do what you do, so you need to set a good example
The Right Way to Do Facebook
Here is the right way to promote your MLM on Facebook, as I see it:
- Never mention the name of your company on your timeline or profile EVER
- Share photos of your lifestyle, team and you using the products
- Try to draw people in by educating them and offering value, rather than trying to sell them
- Anytime you talk about the business do it through private messaging, or even better, call the person
- Post captivating videos and photos that pique people’s interest and get them to contact you
- Your ultimate goal is to get people to contact you first
- Create a group or Fan page for your business and do most of your communication through that
The bottom line is that most network marketers are very annoying with how they use Facebook to promote their MLM Business. I hope you will take the information in this blog post to heart and assess if what you are doing is the right thing to do AND a good use of your time. Be honest with yourself.
The last thing you want to do is do something that will hurt your reputation AND destroy your relationships with the people you love. Keep your business your business. And keep your friends and family your friends and family.
When you do promote your business, be interesting. Provide value. Offer tips. Capture people’s attention and get them to seek you out. As they contact you, communicate through private messaging, or by phone, and keep your timeline clean.
I hope that helps. What are your thoughts about annoying network marketers on Facebook? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
Articles You Might Enjoy
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team