My mom used Amway’s SA-8 laundry detergent for nearly 30 years.
She absolutely loved the stuff.
As a child I remember helping my mom do the laundry and all she told me was to put in “one small cap full of detergent.”
I followed her instructions and never thought much about it.
In fact, I never even realized that she used SA-8 laundry detergent until I joined Amway when I was 24 years old.
Apparently, she had been an Amway customer for nearly 30 years.
During my 2.5 years with Amway I used the SA-8 laundry detergent religiously.
I loved that it was concentrated and did a great job cleaning my clothes.
My laundry always smelled fresh and clean.
Even better, as a Bachelor one bottle lasted me more than a year!
I don’t use the Amway SA-8 detergent anymore (my wife grew up with Tide and she does the laundry), but I enjoyed it while I used it.
If you are looking for a good and affordable laundry detergent, it might just be what you are looking for.
I would definitely recommend it to others.
Here are a few details about Amway’s SA-8 laundry detergent.
- The suggested retail price is $42.60 for a 9.9 lb pound box (as of April 2013)
- It comes in liquid or powder format
- One box does 150 loads
- That equates to approximately 28 cents per load (excluding shipping and tax)
- You can get a discount on it if you become a distributor or shop around
- It is septic friendly
- The products WERE NOT tested on animals
Prior to using the Amway SA-8 detergent you are encouraged to do an “empty wash” with your washing machine.
You use a couple scoops, put the temperature on high and select full/large load on your washing machine.
This will clean out your washing machine from all the build up, dirt and grind.
Once your washing machine is cleaned, you can do laundry whenever you want to.
Amway SA-8 Ingredients
Here is a summary of the ingredients I got off a box of SA-8.
- Sodium Carbonate (washing soda)
- Pareth-25-7 (non-ionic surfactant)
- Citric Acid (organic water softener)
- Fumaric Acid (dispersant)
- Hydrated Silica (absorbent mineral)
- Cellulose Gum (anti-redeposition agent)
- Amylase (starch stain remover)
- Fluorescent Brightener (Distyryl Biphenyl Derivative) (fabric brightener)
- Sodium Carbonate
- Citric Acid
- Fumaric Acid
- Hydrated Silica
- Cellulose Gum
***** I’m not sure if this is a comprehensive list of ingredients or not.
Other Posts You Might Enjoy:
- Amway Legend Ron Puryear: Death and Tribute
- Top 10 Facts from the 1979 FTC vs. Amway Case
- Lessons from Amway: 10 Key Takeaways
- Top 25 Bill Britt Quotes about Amway, Success and Life
- The Top 20 Amway Products of All Time
Additionally, I did some comparison shopping on Walmart.com and found that a bottle of Tide (96 loads) sells for $17.97 with free shipping.
That equates to almost 19 cents per load, which is about nine cents per load cheaper than the SA-8 detergent.
So if you are on a budget, Tide might be the best route.
Once again I would like to chime in and tell you that you get a discount on the SA-8 if you become a distributor or do some price shopping.
I’m not sure how much cheaper you can get it for, but I think the price would be very comparable with Tide after the discount (note: I am not a distributor, nor am I affiliated with Amway).
Speaking from personal experience, I do believe the Amway SA-8 is a very high quality laundry detergent at an affordable price.
I will be the the first to admit that there are cheaper things in the marketplace, but I think the SA-8 offers a good value.
What are your thoughts?
I would love to hear your testimonials and stories about why you like or dislike the Amway SA-8 laundry detergent.
Please leave a comment to share your thoughts.
Disclaimer: I am in no way affiliated with Amway. Amway is a registered trademark. Any views in this post are simply my opinion.
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team