Today, I’m going to talk about the difference between amateurs vs. pros in network marketing.
In sports, amateurs work for free whereas professional athletes get paid. Both groups of people love what they do. Sometimes, they even have comparable skills. The only real difference is that one is a professional while the other is an amateur.
Amateurs vs. Pros in Network Marketing
One of the most important lessons I learned from Mark Yarnell was the importance of turning pro two hours per day. He claims that in network marketing there are amateurs (about 95%) and there are pros (about 5%). The pros make the big bucks whereas the amateurs make very little money.
The major difference between the pros and the amateurs is that the pros spend focused time every day (at least two hours) to build their network marketing business, whereas the amateurs don’t.
The moral of the story is that you can be a pro (top earner) in network marketing with just two hours of work per day, as long as you work smart! If you REALLY want to make money with your MLM Business you must be willing to work two hours per day (at least 5-6 days per week) to build your business.
These two hours of work must be FOCUSED and CONCENTRATED work on specific tasks. Those tasks are retailing, recruiting and building depth. In other words, you must continuously share your products and business opportunity with others, and help your team do the same, on a daily basis.
Mark suggests you turn off your technology and work the phone for two hours every day. Try to call or contact at least 30 people EVERY DAY to share your products and/or business opportunity with them. Eliminate all other distractions and focus only on the activities that actually put money in your pocket (money producing activities). He claims that if you do that for one year you won’t have to worry about money ever again, and if you do it over a period of a few years you will be extremely wealthy. I AGREE.
I personally think two hours a day is a very small sacrifice for financial freedom. Additionally, I think you can be a pro at ANYTHING if you do it for two hours per day, every day. For example, if you worked on your marriage two hours per day, how great would it be? If you exercised for two hours per day, how fit would you be? If you studied a subject for two hours per day, how much knowledge would you gain? And if you seriously worked your MLM Business for two hours per day, how successful would you be?
How to Be a Network Marketing Professional
Before I close out this post, I would like to take a moment and share a few things you can do to be a network marketing professional. These are things I do consistently and highly recommend:
- Act AS IF you have ONE MILLION DOLLARS invested in your business
- Spend 1-2 hours per day on money producing activities
- Be a servant leader at all times; focus on others
- Set high standards and goals for yourself
- Improve daily; be better tomorrow than you were today
- Act confident at all times
- Be a student of your business and industry; learn everything you can about it
- Stay calm, cool and collected; never use pressure or hype
- Maintain a positive mental attitude
- Treat everyone you talk with as if they are really important (they are)
- ALWAYS be plugged in to someone in your upline with a higher rank or income than you
- Listen at least twice as much as you speak (get good at asking questions)
- Be the type of person you want to sponsor
- Be the type of sponsor you wish you had
- Never act as if you know it all or have all the answers (keep your ego in check)
- Be coachable, hungry and humble
- Master your time management
- Make a long term commitment to your company and the industry
What are your thoughts amateurs vs. pros in network marketing? Do you think it makes sense to spend two hours per day building your network marketing business? If not, what do you recommend? Leave a comment and tell us what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.