Everyone has fear. I do and so do you. The most common fears in life are fear of failure and fear of rejection. Those are also the two biggest fears that most distributors have: rejection and failure. Some people even fear success. In most cases this “fear” paralyzes them and causes them to do NOTHING in their network marketing business. Here are a few examples:
- They don’t talk to prospects because they fear the prospect will say no
- They don’t take their business seriously because they think “what if it doesn’t work for me?”
- They read books, attend seminars and listen to motivational tapes but never take action and APPLY that knowledge
- They fear that if they are successful they will lose their friends
I learned in the Army that it’s okay to have fear. Everyone is scared of something. But it’s how you REACT to those fears that really matters most. The key to success is to not let your fears control you. Rather than have your fear control your actions, let your actions control your fears.
You see, the only way to cure fear in your network marketing business is to take action. Take one step at a time. Do something small to grow your business today. Step out of your comfort zone and do something that makes you uncomfortable. Talk to a stranger. Call a lead. Just do something. And then take another step. And as you keep taking steps over a period of time a funny thing will happen. Your fears will disappear. What was once uncomfortable for you will now be FUN to do!
- You look forward to sharing your business opportunity with prospects
- You enjoy introducing yourself to the sharp looking prospect because you are confident in yourself and what you have to offer
- You put a smile on your face as you do a group presentation because you know it moves your business forward
- You have confidence in yourself, your products and your business opportunity
- You feel worth and deserving of success
So here’s the bottom line. It’s okay to be scared. But you can’t let your fears control you. If you want to overcome your fears you have to take action. That is the only way to cure your fears. The more you do something the more comfortable you will get with it. If there is something holding you back in your business (fear) make it a point to take baby steps so you can get through it.
What are your thoughts about this subject? What do you think about fear in network marketing? What are your fears? What holds you back? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.