Welcome to my blog. Thanks for stopping by. My name is Charles Holmes. My friends call me Chuck. I hope you will do the same thing. What I’d like to do on this page is tell you a little bit about myself so you can get to know me.
About Chuck Holmes
Here are a few other things about me that you might find interesting.
- Both my wife and I work from home (in our pajamas) full-time with my business (I did not join the business to wear a suit and tie or attend meetings!)
- I am 45-years young (as of JAN 2023)
- I grew up in small town Skowhegan, Maine and have loving parents (they’ve been married almost 50-years)
- I am a driven, competitive, and focused
- I enjoy going to yard sales, flea markets, and thrift stores with my wife
- I’m the author of approximately 20 books and numerous audio training programs and courses
- I have a Master’s Degree in Management
- I am a Certified Small Business Coach
- I’ve been a selling on eBay for about 17-years (visit my store here)
- I own two popular websites, this one and a military website
- I spent 15-years in the Army and Army National Guard; resigning as an Army Major
- Combat veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Kosovo, awarded the Bronze Star
- I enjoy reading, exercising, treasure hunting, writing, and watching funny movies
- I live in Homosassa, FL with my wife Rachel (our town is famous for manatees and scallops)
- I am a NIGHT OWL, never call me before 11 a.m. in the morning (LOL)
My Career & Journey
I grew up in an entrepreneurial family. Watching my parents struggle, and eventually succeed, inspired me in a big way. I’ve always wanted to work for myself.
I’d rather be the Captain of my own canoe than the admiral of someone else’s battleship.
I tried the “corporate world” for exactly one year and one day and vowed I would never do it again. I felt like a square peg in a round hole. I was miserable each of those 366-days.
I currently have several different income streams, all under one business, because I get bored if I only do one thing. My biggest passion is network marketing. Many people visiting my website will not understand that, but I know a few of you will. What I love most about this industry is helping others, the personal development, the ability to be your own boss and call your own shots, working from a laptop anywhere in the world, and the residual income.
I joined this great industry in March 2002. I was 24-years old at the time and was serving as a First Lieutenant in the U.S. Army at Fort Carson, Colorado.
My first network marketing company was Amway (known as Quixtar at the time). When I first saw the presentation I was hooked. I didn’t sleep much for several days. I was so excited about what this industry offers ordinary people.
If anything, I was angry that no one had ever taught me about residual income, time freedom, leverage, or network marketing prior to that. Now, more than 20-years later I still feel the same way about our industry.
My experience in this industry is similar to most people. It was not been easy for me. It was a constant, up-hill challenge for many years. I mentally quit thousands of times. I physically quit a few times.
Despite the difficulty I had for many years, the industry always appealed to me. It’s always drawn me back in. It’s like a disease I couldn’t get rid of. I believe that once you learn about, and understand residual income, it never leaves your mind. You will spend the rest of your life trying to create it, and rightfully so.
I knew that if I stuck with it, I would eventually figure out how succeed in network marketing. My journey to success took longer than most, but I am glad I stuck it out. Every struggle, failure, and setback was worth it.
When you stop and think about it, how many businesses offer you the following things:
- Residual income (this one thing alone makes it worth it, everyone needs residual income).
- Leverage without needing employees or capital.
- No need for a store front.
- A two to five-year plan to complete financial freedom.
- Low start-up costs, less than a few hundred dollars.
- Start part-time, without giving up your day job or primary source of income.
- Work from anywhere in the world.
- Free mentors.
- Personal development plan.
- No need to source or inventory products.
- No accounts receivable.
- No paperwork.
- No need to collect payment or deliver products.
- No territories.
- Recognition and Praise.
- No need to research and develop products.
- The company does the customer service, deliveries, refunds, product development and then pays you.
- You only succeed if you help other people succeed.
- Unlimited earnings potential; no ceiling on earnings.
Seriously… stop and think about this for a minute! Try to name even one other business model that offers all of these things.
At the time of updating this page (JAN 2023), I have been in the industry more than 20-YEARS.
When I first joined the industry, I had a lot of mental baggage to overcome (more than most). I had a horrible self-image, a bad attitude, and zero people skills. Thank goodness for the personal development! I am now a totally new person.
After committing about two and a half years to my first company (Amway/Quixtar) I decided to take a short break from the industry. I had a nice team going and was making some money, but I was burnt out and going through a painful divorce. I left the business for personal reasons.
During the next 11-YEARS I bounced around in many different network marketing companies. I wasn’t committed to ANY of those companies. I was one foot in, but never all in. I’d dabble with each company for three to nine months and then be off to the next shiny object.
I never found a company I was REALLY passionate about, nor did I ever put in the work it takes to succeed (in a big way). My failure, or lack or results, was my own fault. In other words, I never even gave myself a fair chance to succeed. Can you relate? Once again, my problem was me. I simply did not have the skills, mindset, or commitment it took to succeed.
I failed in network marketing for more than 13+ years. In 2015, I decided I would succeed at network marketing or die trying. Within five years of making that decision, working the business part-time, I was earning a six figure income in this amazing industry. If I did it, so can you!
I’ve made more mistakes than most people in this industry. I’m not proud of that, but I did learn from each mistake and became a better leader, network marketer, and entrepreneur in the process. The biggest mistakes I’ve made in this industry in the past were:
- Not committing to one company for the long haul.
- Picking the wrong company.
- Picking a good company, but at the wrong time.
- Only having one foot in, not being “all in”.
- Not taking all out massive action consistently.
- Trying to create multiple streams of income before I built one solid income stream.
- Not using my own talents and abilities to build the business in a way that works for me.
- Chasing money rather than finding a company with a product line I am passionate about.
- Not having a clear daily mode of operation for my business.
- Not being persistent and consistent with my business day in and day out.
- Not being coachable and not listening to my mentors.
- Reinventing the wheel and trying to do everything my own way.
While it’s embarrassing to put these things down on my website for everyone to read, my hope is that you can learn from what I did wrong so you don’t make the same mistakes I did.
While I made a lot of mistakes during those early years, there are two things I did right. I worked on my personal development and I did not quit. I took the time to develop the right skillset and mindset. I worked on my attitude, my leadership skills, my communication skills, my marketing skills, and my network marketing skills. Now, I am enjoying the benefits of doing that.
It wasn’t until 2015 that I DECIDED to become a network marketing professional. Basically, I was an amateur for 13+ years. My advice to you is don’t wait that long to become a network marketing professional. Make a decision you will succeed, act as if you have one million dollars invested in your business, put in the work, and work on your personal development. Do those things and you WILL succeed, eventually!
What I Can Offer You
Free MLM Training
You can fill out the form you see below to get instant access to my free MLM Training. I’ve written a detailed email series to teach you everything I know about recruiting, retailing, team building, duplication, and MLM leadership. These are tips I have learned mostly through trial and error during the past 20-years in the industry. The emails are easy to read, to the point, and filled with great info. Your info is never shared or sold and you can unsubscribe at any time. Sign up for it here.
Exciting Business Opportunity
If you’d like to learn more about what I do, you can take a free tour here to learn more. I am always seeking new customers and affiliates, and would love to help you reach your goals. This is a worldwide opportunity.
I hope you will bookmark this site, visit it often, and share it with your friends, family, and team. Thank you for visiting my website and thanks for taking the time to learn more about me. Feel free to leave a comment below to tell me a little bit about yourself.