What are the best questions to ask your MLM Leads? In case you don’t already know this, your objective is to ask your prospects questions before you show them the plan, so you can pre-qualify them ahead of time, and only spend your time with qualified prospects. Failure to do so can result in frustration and wasted time.
This list of questions doesn’t have to be extensive. I’ve whittled my list down to eight basic questions. Basically, you are trying to find out ahead of time if they have a DESIRE to start their own business, if they have the money to get started, and if network marketing is the right fit for them.
What I want to do in the rest of this post is share my top 8 favorite questions to ask your MLM Leads. Feel free to use these same questions with your own prospects.
1) Tell me about yourself? Find out what you can about their background, job, family life, hobbies and what they want out of life. Some people call this F.O.R.M. which stands for family, occupation, recreation and message. Your goal is to “find a void” in their life and show them how your products or business opportunity can help them fill that void. It also helps to find something the two of you have in common so you can establish rapport. Learning a little bit about the person will help you warm up to them and help you identify the best way to tailor your message.
2) Why do you want to start your own home based business? Find out the reason they tell you and then dig a little deeper to find the real reason. Is it the extra money, to quit their job, to pay for their children’s college costs, to have more time freedom, or something else? Once you find out their real WHY, you will be in complete control of the conversation. Make sure you do this BEFORE you give anyone a presentation. If you don’t know someone’s why for doing the business, there is a high likelihood you will never get them to join you.
3) What type of home business interests you the most? Find out about what type of business excites them the most. Ask them questions about what type of business would be an ideal business for them. Once you find out what they are looking for, show them how your business opportunity matches what they are looking for. You might also discover that network marketing might not be a good fit for them. If that’s the case, this saves you time by learning this upfront.
4) Do you have any previous experience with a home-based business? If so, tell me about your experience? You want to find out if they have ever owned a business before, what type of success they experienced or if they failed. This will give you a good insight about their skill-set, work ethic, worries, and fears.
5) Have you ever done network marketing before? If so, tell me about it? Once again, find out if they have any experience in the network marketing industry. If so, find out what company they were with, how long they were involved, what they thought about the experience, and what level of success they have ever achieved. This will give you good “background” information about their skill-set, and attitude towards network marketing.
6) How much can you afford to invest to start your own business? This will help you determine if they have enough money to get started, assuming they want to join. If the person is broke, but interested, you can show them how to make some money by retailing the products first, to earn enough profit to cover the upfront costs.
7) How much time do you have to invest in a business each week? You want to know how much time they will be willing to work their business each week. If they aren’t willing to work at least 10 hours per week to build a business, they probably aren’t very serious about starting a business. .
8) Are you ready and willing to start your business today? This will let you know how serious they are and if they are willing to sign up as a distributor on the spot. You might find out that they don’t want to start a business for another six to twelve months. You never know if you don’t ask.
From personal experience, I’ve found that these eight questions are great questions to ask your prospects before you show them the plan. Asking these questions allows you to pre-qualify and pre-screen your prospects, so you don’t waste time with people who aren’t serious. In essence, you can screen a prospect in a few short minutes, which saves you time and improves your effectiveness.
In conclusion, these are eight questions you should ask your MLM Leads BEFORE you show them your business presentation. This will help you qualify your leads and help you determine if they are a good fit for what you have to offer. By asking these questions FIRST you can weed out the tire kickers and find quality prospects who would be a good fit for your products or business opportunity.
What do you think? What questions do you like to ask your prospects before you show them the plan? Leave a comment below to let me know what you think. I look forward to hearing from you.
Chuck HolmesWebmaster, OnlineMLMCommunity.com
Phone: (352) 503-4816
Here's what you should do right now:
# 1 Sign Up for My FREE 7-Day MLM Bootcamp
# 2 Check Out These Awesome Tools and Resources
# 3 Join My Free Facebook MLM Mastermind Team